Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sega astro city cabinet. Need some info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to coin-op express and they said shipping on the unit would be $500-$800 dollars to the u.k docks! so you would have to arrange shipping from the dock to your house. Then you have to put the cost of the cab onto it as well.

Pity there are no u.k suppliers

The hunt continues.......

Comment

yep UK supplies of jpn style cabinets are rare as hell over here, i noticed someone on ukvac asked about a cab was that yourself or someone else?

only thing i can think of is see if someone like vektorlogic would do an order if there was enough peeps. I wouldnt want a astro as i would want something smaller but if you could add capcom mini's to an order i would be up for, probably some other cabs aswell but i gave up looking after 3 years of trying to find a decent condition one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ion
        i noticed someone on ukvac asked about a cab was that yourself or someone else?
        That was me.

Does anyone have the actual dimensions of an astro city? To be honest the smaller the better as far as i'm concerned...what alternatives to the astro are there?

Comment

I got a mail from Arcaderick this morning quoting me 850 Euros for a New AC cab and Third Strike CPS3 board.

No way I'm chancing that amount of money.

Comment

check it out:

they are based in japan but $300 for the machine is pretty good not sure about shipping though.

Also i've found the dimensions:

The Arcade Flyer Archive (TAFA) offers a nostalgic collection of coin-operated machine ads, capturing a blend of history, graphic design trends and campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by geldra
              check it out:

they are based in japan but $300 for the machine is pretty good not sure about shipping though.

Also i've found the dimensions:

http://www.arcadeflyers.com/index.ph...d=3013&image=2
              i've already emailed omi trade, they only ship in container load, so you would have to order 15-20! shame considering they answered emails quickly and where friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by nigel1210
                i've already emailed omi trade, they only ship in container load, so you would have to order 15-20! shame considering they answered emails quickly and where friendly.
                aaah ****e!

Ex_Mos what was the French site you got your cab from called? You couldnt give us a link could you?

Comment

It was newgames.fr I think - checked their already though, nowt sadly.

Comment

There is a person the next gen forums that ordered a 25" neo candy cab, and shipping cost him about ?390 from the states. He ordered it from aracde infinity, but considering an astro city is bigger and heavier we would be looking at shipping consting more than that!!!

Looks unlikely we'll get an astro city at a decent price.

Comment

Maybe if we get enough people interested we could work out a bulk order?

Personally I'd be interested in ordering a Taito Egret 3 cab from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron
                        Maybe if we get enough people interested we could work out a bulk order?

Personally I'd be interested in ordering a Taito Egret 3 cab from them.
                        Sounds like an idea, How would we get them from the docks though, all meet there?

They said shipping would be about $200-$300 dollars if you have a container.

Wonder how many you need for a container???

Maybe would could put a couple of outrun 2 cabs in there

Comment

Whilst Googl'ing I came across this, which was posted by one of the guys from a UK cabinet reseller, Videotronics regarding the importation of Astro City cabs.

Not that straight forward:

1) Custom/VAT and Tax is a real bummer as is collection of 20 odd machines, and storage too!! (unless your a business)

2) Conversion, all these cabinets are 100-110VAC, they needed to be
                          converted to 240VAC, can't use a small stepdown that you use for imported Playstations, you need a heavy duty 7000ma jobbie which cost money.

3) CoinMech needs to be replaced, in Japan and US they use coinmechs that don't require power (.25cent coin mech springs to mind), UK Coinmechs are a lot bigger and often don't fit inside these machines (so that is why operators don't buy them), and operators are who import.

4) I did a survey last year on the www.videotronicsuk.com website and the
                          intrest wasn't that great, only around 10 people where intrested, most
                          people would only pay ?300 max.

5) Our houses are not big enough for them, these Japanese sitdown cabinets use Nanao/Sanwa 29" monitors, and the cabs range from 28" - 32" wide, too big for most people who only have a small place to fit a machine (hence most Jamma collectors have a ElectroCoin/Supreme style 20" or 25" which are only 23" - 25" wide), especially if they have nagging wife/girlfriend.

For ?900, you could buy a Naomi Universal Cabinet, replace the VGA monitor with a Nanao Dual Freq and then convert it to Jamma, you'd have a nice machine, as Naomi cabs use the same control panels as Astro/Blast City cabs, also they come apart nicely.
                          Food for thought.

Comment

hi, as someone said, i got mine from newgames.fr a while ago, they only had about 20 in stock and sold out of them really quickly, i had the last but one!:x Another cool thing was it had a official sega 220volt euro psu already installed, so i had no worries of converting the voltage over.

About rotating the screen. Apparently it's reallt easy as long as there's two of you, 29" screens are heavey:l. But i didnt chance this and requested for the screen to be in the vertical position before it left i didnt trust myself I only use it for vertical shooters anyway, the big screen makes everything seem a little easier. I use the supergun for anything hori.

the price 750euros shipped to my house, in the end the shipping worked out more than the cab was worth, and thats only from south of france:x crazy

Comment

whats the craic with that arcade infinity website (www.arcade-infinity.com)then? Its either down or doesnt exist anymore.

Its not looking good is it? Getting a candy cabinet i mean.

Now ith added torture:

Also has anyone contacted this jpn vendor:

Comment

Originally posted by geldra
                                whats the craic with that arcade infinity website (www.arcade-infinity.com)then? Its either down or doesnt exist anymore.

Its not looking good is it? Getting a candy cabinet i mean.

Now ith added torture:

Also has anyone contacted this jpn vendor:

http://www.abcnet.co.jp/english/english.htm
                                I haven't tried emailing them, but i reckon shipping from japan would cost more than from the states.

I've just about given up on finding one at a decent price

Comment

Working...
                                X