Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sega astro city cabinet. Need some info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nigel1210
    I've just about given up on finding one at a decent price
    Depends on how much you were budgeting i guess. I dont really know how much i should be paying for one. There has to be some vendors in the UK as the Troc and various places round London have astros and various other candys. May be worth going in and asking who their supplier is.

Comment

Originally posted by geldra
      I've just about given up on finding one at a decent price
      Depends on how much you were budgeting i guess. I dont really know how much i should be paying for one. There has to be some vendors in the UK as the Troc and various places round London have astros and various other candys. May be worth going in and asking who their supplier is.
      i want to spend about ?550-?600 max really, but want it to be in decent condition.

i don't live in london so can't really go in

Comment

well its not looking good. Every site i've checked and UK based vendor i've tried has come up blank.

The only option left open is walking into an arcade and offering to buy one. Has anyone ever done this and what are the chances of success?

Comment

nowhere in the uk has astro city cabs, the closest you'll get is the "Electrocoin okay baby" candy cabs in las vegas london. And i was quoted 1000quid for one! :x oooookay

Comment

Originally posted by Ex_mosquito
            nowhere in the uk has astro city cabs, the closest you'll get is the "Electrocoin okay baby" candy cabs in las vegas london. And i was quoted 1000quid for one! :x oooookay
            Well, there goes that idea. I was quoted a grand for a namco Cyber Lead cab today. No Chance. I'm out of ideas now. Anyone got any decent suggestions other than give up?

Comment

Well, there goes that idea. I was quoted a grand for a namco Cyber Lead cab today. No Chance. I'm out of ideas now. Anyone got any decent suggestions other than give up?
              Looks like the only options are:

Go with arcaderick and risk not getting/wait ages for a cab

Go with coinopexpress or arcade infinity and pay loads for shipping.

Comment

Who quoted you that mate?

Comment

a company called UDC down Ealing way. I can give you their phone number if you like. You interested?

Comment

Last time I contacted coinopexpress for a single cab purchase could they only serve bulk orders like 12 machines in a boat container.

Comment

Originally posted by Henning

Last time I contacted coinopexpress for a single cab purchase could they only serve bulk orders like 12 machines in a boat container.
                      this is the reply i got off them.

"Dear Nigel,

We sincerely thank you for your visit and enquiry.

For the astro city cabinet, please visit the next web site for more
                      information:

Astro City
                      Unit Price: $420.00 USD

The rough shipping cost is around USD600 - USD800 for sending this cabinet
                      from Asia to UK port, charges is very much high as crating charges,
                      fumigation, ocean freight and other document charges included. Delivery
                      date is around 20 - 30 days on the boat.

Can you accept that? If you do, we will check the availability and full
                      shipping cost for you. Normally, our customer will consider to pick the
                      cabinet or machines up directly from the port as it can save much expensive
                      local shipping cost.

Kindly let us know if we could be of any further help at any time as we
                      shall be very happy to assist you in any way we can.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Have a very nice day!

Sincerely,
                      Lee"

Comment

So lets assume its $1300 shipped...running that through xe it comes out as ?696......better than a grand i suppose. Then factor in a psu conversion into that.....and picking it up and possible taxation at the port.....

Comment

So lets assume its $1300 shipped...running that through xe it comes out as ?696......better than a grand i suppose. Then factor in a psu conversion into that.....and picking it up and possible taxation at the port.....
                          I reckon you would be looking very near a grand.

Comment

I don't get it why the Sega, Taito, Sammy etc. all insist on giving us standup cabinets. I think Europeans would much rather sit down arcades.

The Jap Atomiswave cabinet is pretty nice looking but we get stuck with another generation of black monstrocities.

By the sound of things you're best off paying a bit more and going with a Sega Net City. They're pretty common.

Comment

see all i want is a nice compact little candy cos they look so much better than your standard UK jamma cab. To be honest an astro may be too big with its 29" screen maybe a candy with a 25" may be better for me....any suggestions?

Comment

The problem is guys Astro cabs are never gonna be cheap once they've had the power supplies refitted. A CE licence will set you back ?10k so the cost is spread accross loads of cabs, maybe down to ?200. So if a cab is ?500 + ?250 shipping + ?200 licence + ?50 = for any further adjustments, then there's no point in selling it?

You get what you pay for and vendors have to pay through the nose or be closed down.

Comment

Working...
                                X