Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sega astro city cabinet. Need some info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone forward the email onto me please - [email protected]

Extremely interested in doing this.

Thanks.

Comment

I wonder if the price from vektor includes shipping to your door?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
        Anyone got a link to dimensions for the astro city?

Guwange in my bedroom

I feel faint, I might have to go for a lie down
        The Arcade Flyer Archive (TAFA) offers a nostalgic collection of coin-operated machine ads, capturing a blend of history, graphic design trends and campaigns.

that is the original astro city though, dccharlie reckon you can't remove teh front panel on that one.

But on the new astro city you can remove the front panel so it will fit through a standard door, i got pics from ex_mosquito that show you how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by nigel1210
          I dont suppose it would but you could offer to pick it up and pay him cash, he may knock the VAT off.

Comment

Originally posted by geldra
            I dont suppose it would but you could offer to pick it up and pay him cash, he may knock the VAT off.
            That's what i thought.

You got your naomi cab yet mate?

Comment

That's what i thought.

You got your naomi cab yet mate?
              Not yet. Picking it up in april when i get some free time. Vektorlogic are up Darlington way arent they? Thats not that far for you is it?

Comment

Got no transport mate, also i've pre ordered one now which would work out cheaper. I'll see how it goes i suppose

Comment

Wicked man, thats good news. I couldnt help but feel a little bit jealous after originally wanting an astro then plumping for the naomi cab. But i went round to a mates mates yesterday who has got a naomi and i have to say i'm totally . It was fookin' lush. Guilty Gear XX was just phenomenal on the hi res screen and we rediscovered the delights of Powerstone.

Needless to say I'm hunting down these two games pronto.

Comment

Just got this email, anyone on here ordering one?

HI Nigel

2 weeks delivery and I need a 60% full order - ie 12 confirmed cabs to bring it in - I only have room for about 8 in storage and there's 20 in a container - just waiting to hear back from the other guys

Regards

Jeff Ferrier
                    Managing Director
                    Vektorlogic Limited

Comment

new astro cities here same price but in dollars...

as its in hk perhaps the shipping would be cheaper?

anyone know if astrocitys have the same horrible joystick/button internals as ok babys? (had to deal with those things when tekken 3/vf 3 were out back in namco .. almost as bad as segas euro vf3 cabinet setup but no cab can be quite as bad as those cheap bastads surely... )

Comment

The astro city and naomi cabs share the same control panels ( i think) so the internals should be fairly similar i would expect. I saw the CP get changed on a naomi at the weekend and it took about 5 mins in total, pretty simple.

As for getting the astro from coinopexpress i would say go with vektor purely because he can gaurantee you a price including VAT, you may take a risk paying an extra couple of hundred quid when it gets delivered from Coinopex when VAT is whacked on top. Plus i think the shipping from HK is almost the same as the machine itself.

I've ordered some stuff from Coinopexpress they've been pretty damn good so far will tell you how it goes from my end when the stuff gets delivered.

Comment

Just had another email off jeff@ vektor saying he needs 12 cabs confirmed to bring a container in.

Hopefully he can get 12 people, i've already confimed has anybody else?

Comment

Has there been any progress on the order from vektorlogic?

Comment

Has there been any progress on the order from vektorlogic?
                              Jeff is definetly getting the cabs he said if he can't fill the container with astro cabs, he's gonna fill it with other arcade stuff.

He's gonna place the order in a couple of weeks, when there is a neo geo release and it will take another 2 weeks for shipping.

So fingers crossed i shall have an astro cab in a month or so

Comment

Woohoooo wicked man thats ace news. Post pics when you get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X