Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sega astro city cabinet. Need some info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am also seriously interested in buying an arcade machine..

right about jpn shipping costs, we just sent tons of stuff out via bulk mail, all the shipping cos we spoke to such as kuro neko right down to indies agreed that japan is the most expensive place in the world to ship out from

as an example the stuff we shipped out from london cost around ?300 and to ship the same amount back would cost ?700/750 from japan!#

luckily with an mbag/bulk mail you can ship up to 30k of books (you can include other stuff if it doesnt move around or feel suspicious, if it does and they open it b4 accepting it which they can do i`ll be charged at normal high rates) another way to get cheap shipment from japan is to have a nice big box full of clothes which you have bubblewrap and games on the inside thats also a reduced rate

due to "terro" boxes are being opened more often in jpn post offices and customs on leaving the country

best option is to get a friend or relative who can do it all for you , and be prepared as jpn post office staff are even more awkward and militant than the uk one as they still seem to think just cos they were once state owned they can put on airs..

course none of this really helps with arcade machines but thought it might help someone,..

if you look at the foreign ministrys site you can see that japan is becoming ever more xenophobic and if you want help you need a native to do so... luckily me wife has beaten yak b4 so red tape isnt ever a concern ^^

Comment

anybody had any luck finding a cab yet?

Comment

Well i've sourced esprade and third strike and possibly a machine but its costing "top dorra"! To say the least.

I've found a bit of info on candy style machines made by UK manufacturers..I think if you want candy style then look for a machine called an "OK Baby".

Comment

is the supplier in the u.k geldra and how much do they want?

The o.k baby machines are made by electrocoin as far as i know.

Comment

I owned an Ok baby cabinet,superb build and quality.

Made by Weche In Taiwan ..(Wee Chin Enterprises)

29" screen is rotatable ,fairly easy to just take a few deep breathes before you do it .As it weighs around 40-50Kg.

Comment

How much did the ok baby cost and where did you get it from mate?

Comment

I want one

Comment

Purchased mine about 2/3 years ago from http://www.arcadeheaven.com at a cost of ?450 plus ?90 delivered.There was 2 at the time ,sadly though I think it was a one off that they had these in stock.

Comment

i looked into getting one of those okay baby cabs before i found the astro city. There's arcade called "las vegas" in soho with about ten of them
                    This company supplied them http://www.udc.co.uk/.

Comment

Has anyone checked out this lot: http://www.highway.net.au/parts/cabinets.html

They have namco 29" candys. Dont know if they ship to the UK though (they are based in Australia). Might be worth mailing them.

Comment

I've not emailed them but they seem expensive and shipping from australia will be expensive!

Comment

Just recieved this email from Jeff at Vektorlogic - THURSDAY 04 MARCH 2004.

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delays with all of this but our new game releases and our new system come out this month and that has had to have priority at this stage

The cabinets we can bring in this month are Astro City Cabinets by Sega - all of you are familiar with this style

Prices are as follows:

Astro City - ?395
                          New Astro City - $495

These are shopped but with 110V supply setup - a 240V conversion is ?45 extra including fitting

Add VAT also but I may be able to do a deal at 495/595 respectively at 240V inc shipping if we can move the full container

LMK if definitely interested and we can go from there - oh also we have now moved - new details below

30 day warranty is provided but there will have to be sufficient orders to fill a load. Getting this in takes some time (and space, which we have very little spare) and there is virtually no margin with taxes etc

Regards
                          Jeff Ferrier
                          Managing Director
                          Vektorlogic Limited

Unit 3 Task Road Ind Est
                          Stockton on Tees
                          Cleveland
                          TS18 2ER
                          United Kingdom

Ph - +44 (0) 1642 675533
                          Fax - +44 (0) 1642 675544

End of message.

Hope this hooks you guys up.

Comment

I got that email as well, i wonder if he will have enough people to fufil and order though?

Comment

Thats a ****ing wicked deal! I'd be jealous but i've worked out i couldnt get it through my front door. It'll have to be naomi for me as it breaks down into bite sized pieces.

If anyone wants an astro though this is a perfect opportunity.

Comment

Anyone got a link to dimensions for the astro city?

Guwange in my bedroom

I feel faint, I might have to go for a lie down

Comment

Working...
                                X