New logo - anyone got an ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    ttk, in paint, select the image and press resize and "pixels" and put 130 into the height box.
    Hah, I misunderstood you I think. Thought you wanted the arrow to be changed to be 130px or something. Yeah, I see what you mean now

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      And have we really trumped the trousers down image yet?

Sorry for quality of .jpg, I just keep using the same file so it's getting worse and worse every time I save it

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
        Only thing is the design is a bit oppressive and militaristic.

If you use PNG as suggested above it won't deteriorate each time. It's the JPEG compression that's doing it.

What I see in this one above, and I reckon it's accidental... It might look good with an internal drop shadow to give it a sort of bevel effect.

Using black borders is an interesting idea.

Could the above symbol be the letter 'D' in the full title?

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
          If you use PNG as suggested above it won't deteriorate each time. It's the JPEG compression that's doing it.
          Yeah I know, I just saved it as a .jpg the first time and I've just clicked save file every time since. It's alright, it's not like it'd be tough to remake from scratch!

Comment

I really like the way the banners can be made to show through the ntscuk logo. So think about how whitespace will work.

Comment

Maaan we are riffing

Here are my variations

I think whatever we do with the logo colour shouldn't be too important as it's nice to change it to match the banner and/or have transparencies, much like we do now. Also, it has to be able to sit alongside the blue of the rest of the website.

Comment

Played with the current banner and different combos.

The last one is cool bar the overlapping text/robot, but there's actually more blue space on the proper banner, I just lazily sliced the actual NTSC-UK logo off it so it's shorter. Nothing that a different colour wouldn't fix.

Comment

If we have put a drop shadow outside the text and logo, so white text has a black shadow or black (as above) has a white shadow, it should show up on more complicated backgrounds. That's what I do with the copyright watermark on my site photos.

Comment

I don't think shadows in a logo look particularly good. The bottom banner I posted could look cooler if the text/arrow had a thin white outline maybe, but Paint.net has no tool that does that as far as I can see so someone'd have to throw it on in PhotoShop or something better.

It's really just about choosing the right colours/style for the right banner, though. The top two work pretty much fine on busy banners, whereas the bottom one would look ace on something less busy.
                    Last edited by toythatkills; 22-08-2011, 17:56.

Comment

It's a question of subtlety. You don't really notice the shadow, it's just there to add some relief for the background. Colour variation also works, shadows just make it easier as it's there in the file and less fiddling needed by the designer to get the exact shade or hue.

I like the half-transparent looking grey one above. Also, with some transparency on the logo it is less oppressive.

Would like to see more variations from Boris's one. I understand the text positioning referencing old computers, but it's not so nice to look at.

Comment

hehe it wasn't referencing anything, that was just how big it had to be to be readable.
                        Maybe I should remove the .net
                        Last edited by EvilBoris; 22-08-2011, 18:12.

Comment

I just see a flashing cursor before me when I look at the line break.

Hmm... Now I say that I see the logo being used as a flashy progress indicator.

Comment

I just think logos are meant to be clean and sharp, and adding shadows to text prevents that. It makes it look like text instead of part of a logo, if that makes sense.

I can't think of a single logo that has shadows on it.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                              With a bit of tweaking to separate out the text, this could be full of win.

Comment

If only the name was bordersgone, we could make the logo look like a G!

Comment

Working...
                                X