No announcement yet.

New logo - anyone got an ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First one is quite cool, not so keen on the font though. Better with the one Toys used

Comment

Last edited by toythatkills; 23-08-2011, 09:46.

Comment

I think it's the same font but maybe on bold?

What do people think about the font size? Is it big enough?

I like the second two Dogg Thang posted, very retro! Reminds me of Battlestar Gallactica or something.

Comment

I'm not sure how you'd make the font size bigger, at least not on this idea anyway. It'd require an entirely different logo, something like Boris's above maybe where there's no actual logo and the banner appears in the letters.

Comment

Try putting the text vertically either side of the logo (rotated or stacked) as we have lots more horizontal space than vertical space in the banner area.

Another thing you could try to make use of that space and make the name bigger is to have just the logo then to the bottom right of the logo having a much bigger text name that goes say halfway across the banner.

LOGO
            LOGO
            LOGO BORDERS DOWN

Comment

If it's done in enough layers, then I can easily choose whether to have the font transparent or not separately from the main whitespace.

Comment

I do like the red in isolation - will it work in between the grey bars at the top? (in boris' forum style)
                I suspect so, but if someone could paste a superimposed that would be useful - to see how much other stuff would need changing if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
                  Try putting the text vertically either side of the logo (rotated or stacked) as we have lots more horizontal space than vertical space in the banner area.

Not a huuuuge difference

Comment

We could just remove the text from the banner entirely and just have the logo there, and then just put BORDERSDOWN.NET where the Facebook button currently sits.

Comment

This file came out at 66.6kb. I don't know if that means anything.

Open it in a new tab for the full size

Comment

Look like the bold colours will work fine with the grey.

Comment

Any other completely different ideas from anyone?

Comment

I was thinking about the ideas earlier of including top and bottom borders, and looking at Dogg Thang's one with lines above and below the title. Something like the THX logo where the words are crushing the borders by slamming onto them with cracks coming out and maybe an arrow from the bottom of the letter R.

Could someone do something with Thwomp? Had a go and couldn't really do it myself. Was thinking his eyes could be letters B and D, or B for eyes D for mouth.

I also think it would be cool to look at something with a kind of mascot or idea you could vary like using space ship one month and a bulldozer the next.

Otherwise other idea is cool.

Comment

I have something different lined up. Will pop it up later if it turns out alright.

Comment

Yeah I've been thinking about the Borders too, as nice a shape that logo is, it doesn't really show anything other than an arrow pointing down(or even in a loop)

Comment

Working...
                                X