The Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This season is so good so far >_<

Shaping up to be a similar pressure cooker as Season 3 was, except even more so!

Comment

What can I add that hasn't been said already? Don't read if you haven't watched the first season!

Vic murdering a fellow cop in the Pilot episode has got to be the biggest WTF moment in television history, but I wasn't completely won over until later in the first season. In the episode where the Strike Team's SUV gets stolen with two bricks of coke in it, Vic and the boys find the guy who ended up with the drugs and are racing to dispose of the evidence before Aceveda arrives. While Vic is in the bathroom rinsing the last of it down the drain he looks up and see's himself in the mirror, and you can tell by the expression on his face that he realizes what he has become.

Incredible stuff.

Comment

And yet nobody seems to know about it\ watch it or discuss it!

This is the best thing on TV at the moment (and ever), better than Lost 'n 24 by some way, and yet its ignored

So frustrating.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's better, it's too different to rate like that, I'd say Lost, 24, Scrubs and The Shield are all in their own leagues of greatness.

Comment

i am currently watching The Wire and I have to say its on par with the early seasons of the Shield if not better ... as much as I love the shield its dropped down a notch or two since the first series, then it was about everyone at the station whereas now it comes across as the vic mackey show.

still bloody good though

Comment

I see both of your points.

But you are wrong. The Shield is better.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                I see both of your points.

But you are wrong. The Shield is better.
                This man speaks the truth!

Comment

After reading this thread I started watching from season 1 and just finished watching the end of season 2 (what a crazy season finale). The Shield is easily the best thing on tv!

Comment

Loving this season - Though (as with 24) that season 4 went off the boil a wee bit but we're really back in business now

Comment

Damn, I really should be getting paid by FX.

This season is so good so far, I can't imagine how mad its going to get towards the end

Comment

Oh man, that was classic Shield at the end of episode 4. Most intense scene so far this season, just incredible. Forest Whitaker - holy ****, his reaction was priceless!

The chat between

Danni and the suspect in the baby murderer

was really unsettling too, one of the most difficult to watch scenes that I've seen in a very long time.

Best. Program. Ever.
                        Last edited by PeteJ; 01-02-2006, 21:07.

Comment

Ok this is getting silly, I'm the only one talking about the show but I'm going to carry on regardless!

Have just seen Ep 505....it just gets better and better and better. I almost died during one scene it was so madeningly intense.

Come people people - get watching! It's the best thing ever to hit the human race! Even better than curry ffs!

Comment

just bought series 4 off amazon for ?22

Cant wait for it to arrive, ive already seen 9 of the episodes already

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                              I almost died during one scene it was so madeningly intense
                              Pffff! that's nothing, I actually did die during that episode!

Awesome stuff.

Comment

I'm still playing catch up, just starting season 4 \o/

This is one of those few shows that makes me wish I could have my memory erased just so I can enjoy the suspense and intensity a second time around.

Comment

Working...
                                X