No announcement yet.

Official wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said you should change the name ages ago. Damn stupid world wildlife fund makeing them change the name WWF was a lot better.

Comment

yeah
      i mean the wwe has done more for humanity then endangered species
      i hate the way if they show any old clips they black out ''wwf'' symbols

i mean ''federation'' makes it sound realish
      ''entertainment'' is like they are laughing at us saying ''this isnt even real! why are you still watching this? get out more you weirdo!''

its that or im getting insanely paranoid

Comment

Cheers for the heads up olympic. Il record the ROH event on sunday. Trouble is with TWC is its so out of date its untrue. was watching some ROH not long ago and paul london was in it. Apparently mick foleys told samoa joa to go for a wwe job.
        Anyone bothering with TNA Victory Road next sunday? Might get it via torrent the monday after. Not really convinced its going to last much longer myself. Expecially with Jarrets at the helm. Apparently theyre cutting the budget back even more. Jarret got the win over hardy within 11 minutes in their first title match. say what you like about HHH but hes infinately better than old double j . D-lo also pissed off and went to japan for a bit for a big wad of cash. still il give VR a chance, if only for Nash (not fussed with Hall these days) . Apparently Austin will be back with the WWE at the start of next year hes also talking to nash about him getting a writing job there.
        As for the WWE i wouldnt say it was crap. theres some good wrestling here and there. Though the head of talents fixation on big clumsy men is annoying id agree. Something to watch without too much in the way of seriousness really. Raw tonight was pretty class. Pulled in a good rating too.

Comment

Where the hell is Raven, eh? I casually flick onto TRC in a bid to catch him on TNA, but to no avail He was wasted in the WWE....

Comment

Hes still in TNA mate

apparently one of the many in TNA not pleased that Jeff gets all the spotlight. I keep wanting to get into TNA but things put me off. First it was hearing about Vince Russos involvement, though hes since stopped writing for it apparently. Then it was Jarret beating hardy in 11 minutes with his extremely tired balsa wood guitar shot. I was watching the wwe 'st valentines day massacre' from 1999 yesterday. Jarret was way past it then. Plus he was using that bloody balsa wood guitar shot too. If anyones interested Jarret and owen hart beat 'Sexual chocolate' (cracks me up does that) and D-lo to retain the titles. Owen and D-lo being the only two of note in that match.
            I was reading on the net that Vince Mcmahon despises Jarret since apparently double JJ received 200k for jobbing to chyna in 1999. Amsusing to say the least .

Comment

lol 200k for being dominated by a surgically augmented shebeast? Not bad!
              Just watched some ROH tonight, actually, with Doug Williams (FWA) getting his tail whipped. Don't recognise half of the dudes on there, tbh.
              Bring back ECW I say. Its scary that WWE have copyrighted newecw.com and not done anything with it yet. What a waste

You're right about JJ and his oh so predictable chair shots ?_? He sooooooo needs a new gimmick.

Comment

Im guessing wel see a brand war storyline in the not too distant future. Theyre always ratings winners even if the WWE manufactures it itself. Id personally like to see more of Heyman though hes probably busy trying to wrestle for more creative control of smackdown storylines.
                Anyone see the ending to raw? Pretty good actually, one of the best in a long while. Shocked to realise y2j is 34. doesnt look it does he?

Comment

yeah when the raw roster destroyed evolution that was brilliant
                  any idea what the main event will be at survivor series?
                  id like jericho to get another title shot but tbh i think it will be benoit

Comment

Im not too impressed by TNA, too WWE-lite (I think I've said that before), the X division used to be really good but they messed that up too.

RoH is really picking up steam now, they've had Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, Jeff Hardy, Dusty Rhodes, Midnight Express and on November 5th they are getting the amazing Jushin Thunder Liger in from Japan to perform (a feat in itself).
                    Samoa Joe in WWE would be horrible, I feel WWE tries to force wrestlers into their own style as opposed to letting them wrestle as they can (RVD for example).

Oh, btw TWC have just announced they are going to put on a show in March 2005 (In Coventry I think) - it will feature superstars from all over the world and they claim it'll be one of the best shows ever put on. Could be interesting.

Edit, got the card wrong, its actually RoH: Main Event Spectacles which is an equally good show (worth watching if just for the Double Moonsault by Jack Evans off the top of the cage). Heres the card:

1. Dan Maff vs. Colt Cabana (Field of Honor)
                    2. Xavier & Nigel McGinness vs. The Purists
                    3. Special K vs. The Briscoe Brothers w/ Jim Cornette (ROH Tag Team Title Match)
                    4. Homicide vs. BJ Whitmer
                    5. The Backseat Boyz vs. Special K vs. Teddy Hart & Jack Evans vs. The SAT vs. The Carnage Crew (Scramble Cage Match)
                    6. Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk vs. Steve Corino vs. Christopher Daniels (Four Corner Survival Match)
                    7. AJ Styles vs. American Dragon Bryan Danielson
                    Last edited by Olympichero; 30-10-2004, 21:54.

Comment

after wcw and ecw collapse a few years ago a lot of wrestlers could only find big tv appearences with the wwe so maybe thats why they were willing to change their style

when rvd first came to the wwe during invasion he was kickass but he has changed. now his moves look terrible and they have him teaming up with a cruserweight who is outperforming rey mysterio. i think thats why they transferred him to smackdown

Comment

First name to be rumoured (but pretty good chance he'll be there) for TWC's show is Kenta Kobashi :|, I'm going if I have to walk.

crazylegs, yeah they were willing to but their performance really suffered.
                        Last edited by Olympichero; 01-11-2004, 15:41.

Comment

smackdown was alright
                          firstly big show had a showdown with the tough enough finalists
                          they were terrible,awful promo guys especially that tall blond guy with the stupid smile and the guy who basically spent his time telling us what a crap wrestler he was
                          a 4 on 4 elemination match announced for survivor series
                          eddie,rvd,rey mysterio,big show vs angle,raines,jindrak and someone to be named
                          weird considering its usally 5 on 5
                          undertaker will fight hedenreich at survivor series and jbl will fight booker t for the wwe title
                          also the best part of the show carlito spitting apple in that justin guys face!
                          lol

Comment

Hey Big Show come out to play

Comment

Originally posted by crazylegs
                              smackdown was alrightfirstly big show had a showdown with the tough enough finalists
                              they were terrible,awful promo guys especially that tall blond guy with the stupid smile and the guy who basically spent his time telling us what a crap wrestler he was
                              Yeah that was awful. It was basically step up to the big show. Let him big you up and chuck you on the mat. Rivetting tv.

The whole Tough Enough thing bores the arse off me.

Comment

none of them deserve to be wrestlers
                                who would say in a promo ''i have never wrestled before''
                                honestly
                                that dosent really strike fear into the hearts of your enemies

Comment

Working...
                                X