No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh i agree took them ages to even get to the Lotus and that's all i wanted to see. Not see them try build a boat car as funny as that may be.

Comment

I really starting to think that Top Gear is running out of decent ideas; the first ep was top, but skydiving against that dire Porsche 4x4 and making a Merc into a living room and taking it around the track? Not a great ep imo, this and last week, though seeing the Koenigsegg with the spoiler was interesting

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
        I really starting to think that Top Gear is running out of decent ideas; the first ep was top, but skydiving against that dire Porsche 4x4 and making a Merc into a living room and taking it around the track? Not a great ep imo, this and last week, though seeing the Koenigsegg with the spoiler was interesting
        I agree its becoming less of a car show now and more of a comedy.

Though that does not really bother me as i would much rather have a laugh rather then see someone test driving a car i could probably never afford.

The koenigsegg knocked around 7 seconds off the previous time didnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
          I agree its becoming less of a car show now and more of a comedy.

Though that does not really bother me as i would much rather have a laugh rather then see someone test driving a car i could probably never afford.

The koenigsegg knocked around 7 seconds off the previous time didnt it?
          think it's about 3 seconds

Comment

As much as I didn't enjoy last nights as previous episodes, the show has always been about entertainment rather than car reviews as such for me...and its still good

Perhaps the interviews are too long but take away the challenges leaves straight car review show and I'd tune out.

Comment

If they took out the comedy element of the show then it would just end up like 5th Gear i.e. zero personality & boring as ****, Tiff needs to go back to Top Gear he's wasted on that show.

Comment

There's not really any room for Tiff on Top Gear unless they dumped the Stig.

John

Comment

well tbh, i think i'd rather have tiff than the stig

Comment

only got round to watching this earlier today, thought the cottage interiored Merc was funny, but rest of show was fairly poor, mind you 500bhp Cheyanne Sport S looked a hoot, but at ?80,000 can't see too many ending up on the roads over here.

Think the show is just on too often to fill an hour a week, years ago it was on for about 15 weeks of the year and that was it, now it seems to have double that many episodes a year.

Don't think Tiff coming back would enhance the show much tbh.

Comment

I just like watching him drift in just about every car he tests out.

Comment

Yes, the last eppy was quite poor. And what happened to James, he was only in the studio segments for about 5mins? I don't like the way it's becoming the Jezza and Hamster show as poor James gets relegated to a bit part. It started with Richard doing the Stig hot lap intro and voice over, and he's now moving into Jeremy's territory with test track reviews.
                        Last edited by Richard.John; 05-06-2006, 00:59.

Comment

Tonight's show was entertaining enough, but it's unfathomable that it will be off air for 5 WEEKS due to bloody football!

Incredible. I know the BBC don't like Top Gear and only let it run due to the ratings (highest rated show on BBC 2 I believe), but it always gets the boot whenever any sporting event comes along. Just stick the sport on BBC1, 3, or 4...!

Comment

Dammit I missed this weeks episode, I'll have to remember to catch the repeat.

I'd rather not have Tiff back, the guy annoys me but I can pinpoint why. I think it maybe just his voice. I'd rather they poached Jason Plato.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                              Tonight's show was entertaining enough, but it's unfathomable that it will be off air for 5 WEEKS due to bloody football!

Incredible. I know the BBC don't like Top Gear and only let it run due to the ratings (highest rated show on BBC 2 I believe), but it always gets the boot whenever any sporting event comes along. Just stick the sport on BBC1, 3, or 4...!
                              5 weeks

Comment

I like a lot of sports

Its just i do not believe everything else on tv should be delayed/cancelled purely because of the sport though

Comment

Working...
                                X