No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent episode, me and my mate were in fits of laughter the whole way through. Like someone said, its funny how a show about cars is funnier than the majoirty of comedy programmes out there!

The cow bit was the icing on the cake for me, didnt see anything like that coming!

Comment

Regarding Alabama and the rednecks, I know a couple of "normals" from the state who got the hell out as old as they could do, and from the stuff they've related over the years, what happened in the film is pretty much par for the course. We are talking Deliverence territory.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Definitely the best Top Gear in quite sometime for me - I did wonder if the redneck thing was staged, but they did look a bit spooked. Regardless of whether it was, still a great ep.

Comment

Did anyone else just see the ad for sundays episode? without a doubt it could top last nites show.

(robin reliant space shuttle)

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            Definitely the best Top Gear in quite sometime for me - I did wonder if the redneck thing was staged, but they did look a bit spooked. Regardless of whether it was, still a great ep.
            That was my initial thought as well but afterwards I was thinking I've seem some pretty strong reactions in documentaries that have investigated what people think of gay people and atheists (these are two different categories obviously, just putting them both together as there seems to be a strong dislike of them in some areas)

I was a little disappointed that they couldn't get a bit more for their money - I think it's quite amusing that of all the cars they've bought, seemingly the best one has been Clarkson's 1 pound Volvo which despite being driven through a wall was still driveable. On the other hand, their 10,000 pound mid engined supercars all conked out.

John

Comment

Another cracking ep last night. I didn't like Clarksons constant reference to cars having 800 "torques" but I can excuse him that I guess.

The Robin Rocket was ace, loved it. Would have been great if it had released rather than crashed but still great to watch.

Wouldn't mind a Porsche like that either

Comment

the rocket thing made me laugh

also the motorbike on the whats cool board

Comment

It was another good episode, the whole rocket stunt must have cost (us the licence fee payers) a fair bit of money, they must have a big budget per show/series.

Series has really hit it's stride now

Comment

Another great episode, how cool was the shuttle thing?

Shame they didn't put the 997 Turbo round the track.

Comment

Top Gear is funny but Im finding its getting more and more scripted, especially when theres work going on and the presenters stage what is meant to look like silly banter. Its clearly rehearsed and they need to lay off it IMO.

Otherwise cracking show and one of the very few decent things to watch these days.

Comment

i dont really care about if its scripted or spontaneous if it makes me laugh thats all that matters

Comment

They really need to stop the blatant movie plugging. Chat shows have long suffered from that and until recently Top Gear had been gloriously free of it...

Comment

Guests on Top Gear have been plugging their stuff since as long as I can remember - the whole Enzo Ferrari test thing ( although done tongue in cheek ) was a massive massive plug. ( Plus Hot Fuzz is a must see movie ).

Didn't really like the Space-Robin ( although using the Moonraker music was subtlely wry ), but it was a good ep, trying to add a bike to the cool wall I thought was funny ( and it's a cool and stunning looking bike ).

Comment

I have just watched the road trip and the shuttle eppys. After watching the Americans at work it has made me doubly determined to never travel to the 'land of the free'. The show was too contrived, but, if it makes you laugh, it can be forgiven.

The shuttle episode was epic in my opinion. My wife and I were nearly in tears when the Robin left the pad and the long shot of the lift off was just stunning. You could really tell that they were all astonished yet gutted at the same time considering the effort that went into it. It makes you realise what an epic effort the real space programme was back in the 50s and 60s. Imagine climbing into a rocket and praying that you don't become another statistic. Astronauts have balls........

God only knows how much it cost the licence payer, but it made for great TV.

Comment

Another good episode tonight. They really are on a roll, and I think this is their best work to date. Loved the tractor drag races, inspired stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X