Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, cheers David.

Some good collection of cars on there. Don't think Top Gear have ever had a car worth over 3.5m on before. Just your run-of-the-mill supercars that any joe blogs can walk into a dealership and buy

Can't say I was overly impressed by that black edition CLK!

Comment

The stig has been revealed (to a certain degree...):

In the picture you can see his eyes, and going through their 3 slides you can do a comparison between a few likely candidates.

Comment

The sun is blocked at work. Is it Ben Edwards or not? Thought it wasn't the same guy everytime anyway. Whatever shot they have is only going to be of A stig, not The stig.

Comment

I thought it was Ben Edwards too. At least, that's what it says on Wikipedia.

Comment

Everyone has their own theory on who it is, but I suspect that this shot probably is the real stig they use in Top Gear. Wouldn't see the point in the real stig not going up to London.

The likely candidates that the Sun have put up are Damon Hill, Tif Needel and Ben Collins. - No mention of Ben Edwards on there.

Comment

I may have the name wrong, confused myself now. Any chance of a screengrab and upload as an attachment anyone as I can't view it here.

Comment

For some reason it wouldn't let me copy it at first, but I double clicked on the pic and it opened it up in a new window and let me copy it like that. Weird.

Comment

It's Ben Collins. The Sun revealed this in their motoring column about 3 years ago when Ben did a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
                    It's Ben Collins. The Sun revealed this in their motoring column about 3 years ago when Ben did a feature.
                    Are you sure? How come no one else has mentioned this before, and the Sun are still saying in this feature that they don't know?

Comment

Its Ben Collins his name was in the report into Richards Hammond's crash. I have a copy of it but its too big to attach.

Comment

I thought it was him also, you can see from the eyes in the helmet it's not the other pair anyway.

Comment

I'll believe what people on ntsc-uk believe aswell.

Thanks for the info', as I never new this stig had been revealed. I'm off to tell the family.

One question though: How come the Sun pretend in the feature that they don't know who the stig is, despite doing an interview with Collins a few years back?

Comment

I think Ben Collins drove the Bowler wildcat down the hill against a skateboarder a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                              One question though: How come the Sun pretend in the feature that they don't know who the stig is, despite doing an interview with Collins a few years back?
                              Partly because, a) They assume their average reader won't remember/think to check or know about the article from so long ago (I didn't), which is probably true, and b) They're just playing along with the whole 'Who is The Stig' angle/mystery for the purpose of this particular article, It's hardly major news, and not exactly uncovering a ring of corruption, just a light-hearted piece.

That's my theory anyway.

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                              I think Ben Collins drove the Bowler wildcat down the hill against a skateboarder a few years back.
                              Yea he did, used a Mitsubishi first then the Bowler on the second run, couldn't say wether he was The Stig at the time though, if he was they might as well have just used Stig to do the race.
                              Last edited by booth83; 23-02-2008, 21:21.

Comment

Friday night, 10pm, BBC2. Top Gear boys do Ground Force for Sport Relief. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X