No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

distracting yes but not appealing at all, look like giant pecs that arnie or sly had back in the 80s.

Comment

I missed the episode and doesnt seem to be up on iplayer either
      *edit* youtube saves
      Last edited by Largo; 21-07-2008, 10:28.

Comment

it is on iplayer, I just watched some.

Comment

It aint! done a search on iplayer - no episode even listed on last nights Sunday schedule?!?

Comment

Hmmm, it was earlier. You're right though that it's not now and the URL from my browsing history just loads a black iPlayer page.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              anybody notice the little off road car at the end kept having dirt appear and disappear due to poor out of sequence editing ?
              I didn't notice dirt but it did seem like the pouch they hung from the back of the car seemed to appear/disappear throughout the piece.

Comment

I was watching the episode this morning, went to watch the other half and it's now gone. Utter plop.

Comment

it's back now:
                  The Nissan GT-R is given a thorough workout around Japan's legendary Fuji circuit.

Comment

The girl next to fake boobs girl was nice.

I actually thought it was quite a boring episode as it goes. Totally derivative TG fare, same stuff they always do (maybe excepting the fox thing). The writers really need some new ideas.

Comment

After watching Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe which showed how telly was made today, I just get really bored with mocked up TV trying to pass itself off as a spontaneous live event.

You know the sort of thing, where a camera follows a person into a room to 'surprise' someone, only for the view to switch to another camera and not pick up the camera that he had just been used.

Top Gear does this so much. There were so many boom shots in that fox hunt that it renders any kind of excitement mute, because I know that the 'race' was filmed scene by scene over two days and the car and the hunt had to backtrack several times to get the shots from different angles.

Not to mention that the continuity was awful. As others have mentioned, the mud changed all over the car, sometimes the cloth with the fox pee had come off and then it re-appeared. Even the shadows changed direction.

Sometimes I wish I didn't know this stuff and I could just enjoy it. But then I think why don't they just make a programme with spontaneity and get rid of the scripts.

Top Gear Live - that's what we want.

Comment

Not to mention that the continuity was awful. As others have mentioned, the mud changed all over the car, sometimes the cloth with the fox pee had come off and then it re-appeared. Even the shadows changed direction.
                        I just don't care, it's still miles better that most of the crap on UK TV, and to be honest, in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter.

Sometimes I wish I didn't know this stuff and I could just enjoy it
                        Just do it man!
                        Last edited by funkydan; 23-07-2008, 07:58.

Comment

It's impossible. It's like trying to make yourself believe in God when you don't. It just won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                            It's impossible.
                            Nah it's not

Comment

Ace, so the Top Gear magazine have managed to crash the only UK press GT-R...
                              Top Gear has had its fair share of mishaps. There was that time the Stig took the Koenigsegg CCX on an off-track excursion, and of course Hammond's horrifi

Comment

Someone better have a red face after that

Comment

Working...
                                X