No announcement yet.

Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good news if you watch it when broadcast, can't see Dave HD coming anytime soon though.

some of the old challenges and specials would have been stunning in HD, if I recall only the polar one was.

Comment

Reckon it's time for this one to come back as the first ep airs on Sunday at the new timeslot of 9pm which is apparently to give the show more breathing room against upsetting people for language

Comment

Don't suppose there's any chance of this being in HD?

Comment

Read a few posts up. It is in HD.

Comment

very odd thing I find with Top Gear is I often dislike the newer one's on first airing then enjoy them far more when repeated on Dave or BBC3 moths later.

good to have it back

on a not unrelated note the Clarkson xmas dvd is utter tripe, purile drivel knocked out in a couple of days so he can afford to buy a new lambo.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
              Read a few posts up. It is in HD.
              \o/

Woo, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                \o/

Woo, thanks.
                You're welcome. I don't have HD though

Comment

Good news about it being HD, I recently saw the North Pole episode on BBC HD and it looked stunning.

Comment

I quite enjoyed that. Not terribly funny, but I spent most of the whole hour looking at cars I can't afford in interesting places that I'll never go to. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

Comment

Did Clarkson say at the end the only 2 people he listens to in regards to motoring are The Stig and Tiff Needell? I didnt quite catch it, was in the can

Comment

Yes he did, what of it?

Very enjoyable episode, great to have it back!

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                          Did Clarkson say at the end the only 2 people he listens to in regards to motoring are The Stig and Tiff Needell? I didnt quite catch it, was in the can
                          Yeah, it was basically his way of rubbishing Richard Hammond's and James May's opinion on which was the best car.

Comment

Looked great in HD

Comment

Tiff Needel and Vicky Butler Henderson are in his xmas dvd.

Looked great in HD, not that funny but at least there was none of that V8 food blender rubbish in there.

liked the Romanian trip bit, more of a travelogue than challenge but interesting scenery and 3 amazing shiny motors, winced when James' Lambo got smashed on that dirt track.

Comment

Started out well enough but yet again Top Gear assumes I'm a retard and starts with the scripted crap like the lorry hitting James' car and supposedly sleeping in the cars etc.

Its like they're desperate for the gag rate of a comedy show when it totally doesn't need it. Its funny enough seeing the genuine larking about. "Did you shrink that man behind me with your magic gypsies?".
                                Last edited by Super Monkey Balls; 16-11-2009, 11:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X