• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
    DON'T CROSS THE BUNNIES!!!

Yep that nails it for me.

There's clearly a whole

alternative reality with the island. In one reality the plane goes down in to the ocean and they're found dead. Inside the `sphere` of the island is the other reality.

All we need now is Jean-Claude Van Damme to do some split jumps and we're in full on Timecop territory.
    That cant be true

The pilot guy said it wasnt his friend in the plane in the sea, he was certain, thats why he seems to have gone to the island.Its obviously just a fake plane and cover up by that scary black guys organisation.

Comment

Yeah but in a different timeline, it might have been someone else flying....

Comment

My guess is that the dead pilot is

the "other pilot" guy who was watching the telly. In this slightly-different universe, he DID fly the plane ... he's looking at his own dead body, perhaps?

This series is gooood.

Comment

Nope, theres no way he could be looking at himself. If the timeline had been changed and he flew the plane that would be it, he wouldnt be there to view, he'd be part of the changed timeline. The island itself may exist outside of normal space time so people there may see changes. For example Back to the Future. Marty travels back in time and changes it, when he goes back to the present he can see the difference but to everyone esle thats just how time has passed.

Looking at Lost forums everyone considers the discoverd plane to be confirmed as fake. Like I said theres reference to the Find 815 ARG game that happened before the start of season 4. Recap and discussion of which can be found here http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Find_815 and here http://forum.lostpedia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42 . I havent looked into it much but I have seen people mention that the crash coordinates were supplied by something called The Maxwell Group.
          Last edited by RustyS Badge; 13-02-2008, 09:20.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyS Badge View Post
            Nope, theres no way he could be looking at himself. If the timeline had been changed and he flew the plane that would be it, he wouldnt be there to view, he'd be part of the changed timeline.
            Yeah, but who can say it's got anything to do with changing the past? Could just be "possible realities" getting pulled together along the same timeline, possibly by a giant magnetic device . The Orchid video mentions the "Casimir effect", which is apparently some kind of gravitational attraction phenomenon exhibited by objects. It all points to things being "pulled together", if you ask me.

Just think: in the alternate reality where the other plane was pulled from, it will never be found ... Bermuda triangle?

There's no indication that any significant event has changed in the past, and it wouldn't really make any sense for whatever machinery was in the hatch to reach back in time and tweak something ... I think it would have a far more "brute force" and immediate effect than that.

We've seen the short Orchid video where the second identical rabbit appears, so I reckon it's entirely possible that the pilot and the guy watching the telly are the same person.

Of course, it's all just speculation, but it's good fun, innit? I love this show.
            Last edited by peeveen; 13-02-2008, 09:33.

Comment

My school of thought is that the story is arcing back towards the "108-minute seperate timeline theory" (tm)

Listen closely:

Back in the 1950's, the boffins at Dharma found out how to transport through time using the unique electromagentic and Casmir effects of the island. They started with little bunnies, seprating them by small amounts of time but were careful not to let two of the same entities go near each other, fearing a rip in space/time/whatever that was beyond their understanding.

As seen in the Lost Orhchid video (see youtube), accidents can happen as in the video you saw the bunnies nearly colliding as it looks like the other number 15 was supposed to appear in the box rather than float down the room and manifest on a shelf.

In the 1960's they decided to setup an experiment by locking 2 timelines together. Initially seperated by 108 minutes (the infamous timer), the inhabitants of the island were reset to their original timeline every 108 minutes by the pressing of the button.

Unfortunately, someone forgot to press it and it opened a wormhole to the current day, sucking in the plane and trapping Jack et al on the island whilst simultaneously merging the 2 timelines. Ooops. This explains how Jack, Hurley, Kate +1 can go back to the "normal" world.

With these 2 timeline now merged there a lots of difficultiess that Dharma need to resolve including, perhaps, a few multiple copies of people.

My bet is we'll see Dharma killing these copies off quite soon. Perhaps, there are also living copies of Jack et al that need to be killed. Perhaps the funeral that Jack went to was his own?????

It's gonna be good

Comment

good stuff here,

one point is that if in the other timeline the plane went down surely they would all be dead so there would be no copies which makes them unable to bump into each other and destroy the world so to speak. Plus i wonder what made "the other plane" crash into the sea where they found it. I do like where Lost is going and the Bunny video does indicate some kind of either timemachine or duplication in play.

But my thoughts were that the plane is a fake and was planted there, but then this just makes the bunny video an experiment of some kind and has nothing to do with the oceanic crew and there plane.

Comment

As I say, I don't see what the point of a fake plane is ... if the supposed "evil conspirators" were aware what happened to the "real" plane, then they'd know that it could never be found, so why would they want to stir things up by allowing a fake one to be found?

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
                    As I say, I don't see what the point of a fake plane is ... if the supposed "evil conspirators" were aware what happened to the "real" plane, then they'd know that it could never be found, so why would they want to stir things up by allowing a fake one to be found?
                    To shake off the scent. Once the bodies are found, the world will stop looking for the survivors.

Comment

There must be a good reason for showing the pilot in the cockpit of the fake crash plane, as it's not usually par for the course for TV news programmes to show actual dead people in news reports - especially as they would have had the option to edit the footage beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
                        As said to stop people lookign for the plane and inadvertantly finding the island. Something from the 815 game again is that the 'fake' crash site is nowhere near the flight path of the plane. The fake crash site is near Bali which is the opposite side of Australia from where we know it was. We know from the first episode (and one later) that the plane travelled on its journey for 6 hours, lost radio comms and turned back towards Fiji and travelled for a further two hours but was heading in the wrong direction. Theres no way it could end up near Bali.

Comment

Originally posted by halfhearts View Post
                          good stuff here,

one point is that if in the other timeline the plane went down surely they would all be dead so there would be no copies which makes them unable to bump into each other and destroy the world so to speak. Plus i wonder what made "the other plane" crash into the sea where they found it. I do like where Lost is going and the Bunny video does indicate some kind of either timemachine or duplication in play.

But my thoughts were that the plane is a fake and was planted there, but then this just makes the bunny video an experiment of some kind and has nothing to do with the oceanic crew and there plane.
                          The one thing I dont get from the bunny video is why we have two. After the second one appears you can hear the guy ask someone how long they set the shift for, the reply is -20 but only 9 minutes have past. If they had already sent the bunny forward in time how can the original still be there? The only way it could be is that it was sent back in time but then they wouldnt be taking about the experiment . If it was just a shift then why is it only localized to the rabbit?

The only other example of time travel was Desmond. It was confirmed that Desmond did actually travel back in time. Obviously though he never bumped into himself so it was only his conciousness that was sent back. Why the difference there? Frickin Lost.

Comment

Anyone else think the shop where we saw the pilot was the same shop that locke tried to book his adventure thingy all those episodes ago.

Comment

I thought that there was a fake plan to explain what happened to it, simple as that. Whether that was Oceanic panicking as they had no idea what happened to it or whether it was part of a cover-up because they knew damn well what had happened, I don't know.

But I thought that the way the pilot thing was dealt with was to show us once and for all that in that case, there was definitely only one plane and one set of passengers in existence.

Comment

Ohh seen episode 3 now all about sayid.

Definately going the time travelling route, seeing as the rocket came half an hour later then it was supposed to. Also, ben survives! And Sayid is working for him. I get the feeling all of the flash-forwards will lead to an awesome final episode but we'll have to wait until then whilst it shows who the six are. I reckon locke dies eventually though. And what exactly is his plan??

Comment

Working...
                                X