Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    Seeing your dead dad come back from the dead and tell you the reason everything is mess up is becuase you never should have left the island is enough to turn someones opinion... Well i would think so anyway, its hardly out of the blue.

As for these people who somehow STILL think jacob is the bad guy...

Unlike Smokie i dont think hes actualy killed anyone yet, hes just protecting the island like a good little boy, where as smokie is wandering around killing folk for his own personal gain

I dont think it could be any clearer who the bad guy is. Some people seem to think alot about the show, but only seem to be able to remember the last episode they saw, no wonder there are so many contrasting opinions of whats happening on it...
    But Jacob lies all the time. Take this episode, where he says

that he saved Jack etc from a crap life, that's why he picked them - that's bollocks. The alternative timeline we're seeing is what would have happened to them without Jacob's "touch". Aren't most of them much happier? Their lives were crap only because Jacob made their lives crap with his influence.

I don't think we know the whole story yet. After all

the fake Mother was a killer, seemingly doing it for the good of the Island. All MiB done was kill the person who killed his real mother and all his friends. In return, his brother killed him. I'd not be surprised if there's another twist. It's Lost after all

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post

that he saved Jack etc from a crap life, that's why he picked them - that's bollocks. The alternative timeline we're seeing is what would have happened to them without Jacob's "touch". Aren't most of them much happier? Their lives were crap only because Jacob made their lives crap with his influence.

I don't think we know the whole story yet. After all

the fake Mother was a killer, seemingly doing it for the good of the Island. All MiB done was kill the person who killed his real mother and all his friends. In return, his brother killed him. I'd not be surprised if there's another twist. It's Lost after all

You could say that, but for all we know the alternate timeline could all end in a bloody mess becuase they were never touched by Jacob, you just dont know.

But Jacob seems like more of a good guy than MIB to me by far anyway. I dont think MIB was evil until what happened at the end of Across the Sea, but he certainly is evil now.

Comment

Probably, that's the way they're playing it with the broader strokes.

But Jacob has caused all the unhappiness through his actions. Didn't smoke say he only killed those who Jacob told him to last season?

Comment

I dont remember that, as far as i know the smoke monster has always just killed people when he cant find a use for them anymore,

Much like Widmores lady sidekick in the last episode.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            I dont remember that, as far as i know the smoke monster has always just killed people when he cant find a use for them anymore,

Much like Widmores lady sidekick in the last episode.
            I could be wrong, or misquoting, but at some stage he said something like Jacob made him kill them. That, of course, could be interpretted in several ways.

Despite them using the broad strokes to paint Flocke as the bad guy, there's enough subtle ambiguity that, until the end of the final episode, it may just play out that way.

What we need is more information on the sickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post

I thought the

alternate timeline was caused by the bomb going off in 1977, which meant everything turned out differently? Better for Jack, Sawyer etc, but worse for Sayid, Kate, Jin, Sun etc

Last edited by Link83; 20-05-2010, 11:16.

Comment

Jack seems to be the only one whos any better off in the alternate timeline really (Sawyer might be a cop but he still seems as moody and messed up). You could say Desmond seemed better off, he had a good job and stuff and was probabaly never in prison, but he also never had Penny.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                  I can't believe it, next week it is all over!
                  Don't forget the final episode is on in the US on Sunday and not next Tuesday.

Comment

They also have confirmed that they are shooting 20 something minutes of scenes for the dvd release of the finale, in addition to what is being shown on Sunday.

Comment

This coming Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Link83 View Post
                        I thought the

alternate timeline was caused by the bomb going off in 1977, which meant everything turned out differently? Better for Jack, Sawyer etc, but worse for Sayid, Kate, Jin, Sun etc
                        Yep, before Jacob went about influencing the lives of people. So sure,some of them may be in a worse predicament, but Jacob saying what he did is a lie. He set in motion the paths they took.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                          This coming Sunday?
                          Yep, Sunday 23rd Joon!

Comment

I agree that there is still some level of ambiguity about Jacob's motives, but I think the only reason they would make him the bad guy now would be to mess with people's expectations. He has interfered with people's lives but he hasn't killed anyone or manipulated them in the same way that MIB has. All he did was make sure they came to the island in the first place. He didn't force them to come back after they left or even try and stop them leaving. If they were going to flip things around then they had the perfect opportunity last night when Jacob asked them to choose who was going to replace him. If Jack had bottled it and say Sawyer jumped in then it would have pointed to things not turning out as we would expect. They didn't so I don't expect they will mess around with the good/bad element of MIB and Jacob.

As Link 183 said, the alternate timeline was caused by the bomb going off in 1977. It isn't a timeline of wht would have happened if they had never gone to the island. They are all leading different lives and as has been pointed out, the only one happy in the alternate timeline is Jack. And that's probably only because he has changed to being a man of faith. As Jacob said last night, none of them were happy in their lives before they came to the island anyway.

What I really want to know now is whether or not Ben is the world's biggest bastard ever or if he is just tricking Locke into a false sense of security? He still has the C4 from the safe (even though it might not kill Locke) and he told Miles to take the walkie-talkie in case he needed him. I know he killed Widmore but it's fair to say that he probably had it coming. The other question is what will Desmond do once he has everyone together? Are they going to go to the island to help Jack fight Locke or is there another purpose?

It's so brilliantly set-up for the last episode. Is it definitely on this Sunday?
                            Last edited by figflair; 20-05-2010, 12:51.
                            Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                              Yep, Sunday 23rd Joon!
                              Err...do you mean May?
                              Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Yep, that's how excited I am!

Comment

Working...
                                X