Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
    Hasn't that already happened?, when they moved the Island through time - wasn't there a camera montage of showing you the Dharma / Others Village underwater?

Or is this in the Alternate Timeline? - I'm confused!
    That's the alternative timeline. They show the alternative Losties on the plane having a bit of a natter, then the camera swoops out of the window to show you that the island has been sunk in their timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
      He was forced to buss caps on fools instead of going all smokomotion on them so it must have some effect on him...or not.
      But remember that he wanted them to get on the sub, so it probably doesn't have any effect on him at all and was just part of his plan to get everyone on board the sub and kill them so there could be no replacement for Jacob.
      Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Sorry. all this Lost talk is going over my head after seeing Arnie saying BLATES on the previous page. I laughed all the Lost out of my brains!

I think I know the technology Widmore's brought to take over number duties:

Comment

I thought it was a cracking episode.

The theme continues - Jacob was told he didn't have a choice, he was told he couldn't lie etc etc - all based on faith in his 'mother' - he was the guy who got angry and could be the real bad guy. MIB had a choice and used it, he only killed his 'mother' as she was a real bad ass killing all those people.

It seems to be spinning out as a comparison between good and evil, showing each are different depending on your outlook/position. Weaved into that is the free will/duty stuff, at the end of the day neither seems to be the 'right' way.

Comment

Just watched the latest episode.

I have lots of questions about the way the final season has played out, but my main problem is how Jack has gone from a sceptic (as opposed to early Locke) to a man of faith, seemingly with no explanation. He just seemed to change in the episode where

Richard was trying to blow himself up

Comment

Was that the same one where

he went to the lighthouse with Hurley? I thought that was his turning point, because he freaked out when he saw his childhood home in the mirror...

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                Was that the same one where

he went to the lighthouse with Hurley? I thought that was his turning point, because he freaked out when he saw his childhood home in the mirror...

Actually, I think he gradually became to change to the "man of faith" when Locke died and he was trying to get back to the Island - season 4 I think.

Comment

That's true,

he was trying to persuade Kate that there was a reason for them to go back

Comment

billy-it was around then, can't quite remember.

OK guys, thanks for pointing that out. It still seems a bit forced to me but then, I've known people who became all spiritual out of the blue, guess it can happen...

Comment

Seeing your dead dad come back from the dead and tell you the reason everything is mess up is becuase you never should have left the island is enough to turn someones opinion... Well i would think so anyway, its hardly out of the blue.

As for these people who somehow STILL think jacob is the bad guy...

Unlike Smokie i dont think hes actualy killed anyone yet, hes just protecting the island like a good little boy, where as smokie is wandering around killing folk for his own personal gain

I dont think it could be any clearer who the bad guy is. Some people seem to think alot about the show, but only seem to be able to remember the last episode they saw, no wonder there are so many contrasting opinions of whats happening on it...

Comment

Just watched the latest episode: top sodding notch! I'm pumped up for the end of the season now

Yeah, Jack changing from the man of science into the man of faith has been gradually going on since the start of season four. If you re-watch season five you'll see that he's the man of faith before the end of that, with Kate and Sawyer (or at least one of them) telling him that he was "just like John Locke".

He lost faith at the start of this season because of Juliet dying and the nuke plan seemingly not working (which was what he'd put all his faith into at the end of season five) but then he regained his faith after the lighthouse incident.

Comment

Yeah, really good episode.

I can't believe it, next week it is all over!

Comment

Great episode this week, it has me pumped for the finale!

Comment

So amazing. Please, please, please tell me there is no-one moaning after this week's episode? It's all set-up so perfectly for next week. And finally the alternate reality story is starting to come together. Can't wait to watch it next week but will be shedding a tear when it's all over.

Do you think that Ben is really evil after all or is he just tricking Locke? I honestly couldn't be sure. I know he murdered Widmore but he probably had it coming anyway. I'm feeling all smug at the minute as I said to my sister about 3 years ago that Desmond would definitely end up being the character that had the pivotal role in the end. I was a bit worried when he disappeared for a bit.

Last edited by figflair; 19-05-2010, 20:57.
                              Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by jagvirdi View Post

Actually, I think he gradually became to change to the "man of faith" when Locke died and he was trying to get back to the Island - season 4 I think.
                                Yep. It's not like it's suddenly happened! His whole reason to return to the Island was because he felt a big empty hole inside after he'd left. He realised Locke was right, that the Island wasn't done with him. That maybe there was more going on in the world than he originally thought.

If he was still clinging on to his original beliefs, after all he's seen, then he'd be an idiot. He's stubborn, it took him long enough even in the face of supernatural forces, but he came round to Locke's thinking eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X