No announcement yet.

Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some good (well, depending on your point of view) extra silly vids that aired on the Kimmel show after the finale in the US here - http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/05/...-all.html#more

Comment

Originally posted by Dezm0nd View Post
      woops, spoiler tags aren't working in my head.

in summary, no I couldn't summarise the story arc in 4 lines
      You spoilertastic forumites need to learn to use the Go Advanced button. Whenever I post something on here that is more than just plain text, I'll always use it, especially if I'm using any tags at all, just to check everything's ok.

Try it next time, you'll see how useful it is. It lets you see what your post will look like before you post it, so you can save yourself from a fate worse than [spoilers]OMG THE POLAR BEARS NOOOOOO!!![/spoilers]

I can't believe it's finished, although it was always going to one day. The idea about

them being in that inbetweeny afterlifey place is interesting - so they carry on reliving events or living as they wanted to live in a sort of supernatural world based on the real one until they're ready to let go? I wonder how that works - clearly that world isn't their own individual ideas of what it should be like, or else they'd all be doing swimmingly, so someone or something's deciding how their afterlives will play out (until they 'let go', which I imagine means they wick off to Heaven or Hell)?

Last edited by randombs; 24-05-2010, 12:00. Reason: messed up the spoiler tags... ONLY JOKING!

Comment

I'm watching it tonight so have been trying to steer clear of this thread. So is it a good ending or will there be another series down the line?

Comment

Doesn't appear open-ended to me at all, in terms of the possibility of another series or a spin-off, although I think the cyclic nature of the Island and there always being someone to look after it can't be discounted.

As to whether the ending is good or not, you'll have to wait and see for yourself

I'd steer clear of this thread too, if I were you. I recorded it and then watched it as soon as I woke up and kept off the internet and didn't even watch any telly before it, just in case.

Go now! Hide from the internet!

Comment

I really enjoyed the ending although some people have not, it's a Lost thing. There is no doubt about this being the final series, the final episode. Can't (wouldn't want to) see another series in future, ever.
            Forgot to ask the people who watched on Sky did you see the scene

after the credits, with parts of the plane on the beach looking rusty and it was all quiet on the island, all you could hear were waves crashing? Just made it final, like there was no one left on the island and it didn't need protecting anymore. That's what I took from it.

Comment

Yeah it did. But it was ruined by them squishing the screen to tell us how omg it's all over, can you believe it and then informing us that Lost's Greatest Scenes was on next.

My favourite scene in the ending was right at the very beginning, where the screen went black and it said TECHNICAL FAULT in big writing. I cracked up when I saw that. I dunno, I really like it when things go wrong. It reminds me that there are still human beings pressing buttons and not some robots.

Comment

Q&A with the Cast on the Jimmy Kimmel Show, spoiler alert only watch if you have seen the Finale.

Part 1:

Part 2:

I now want the

Blu-Ray after what Jimmy Kimmel revealed (5.40 onwards in part two).

Last edited by Miguel007; 24-05-2010, 12:25.

Comment

Saw the ad on amazon.com (due August) complete Blu Ray collection listed at $195, it has "One full disc of bonus exclusive to the Complete Collection"
                  That's certainly not as bad as I thought it would be for a 6 season box set, will no doubt end up being £195 when it hits here

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                    My favourite scene in the ending was right at the very beginning, where the screen went black and it said TECHNICAL FAULT in big writing.
                    That was a heart stopping ten seconds, for a moment I thought I was gonna have two hours of that screen just to spite me

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                    Saw the ad on amazon.com (due August) complete Blu Ray collection listed at $195, it has "One full disc of bonus exclusive to the Complete Collection"
                    That's certainly not as bad as I thought it would be for a 6 season box set, will no doubt end up being £195 when it hits here
                    Bollocks, so that means I've got to buy Seasons 1-5 again if I want that disc of exclusives!

Comment

So, regarding Jack,

why didn't he turn in to a smoke monster? Was it because he wasn't dead when his body was in the pool? I thought the last scene was going to be him and Hurley chatting about things as a ship came in to shore....

Yip, the LA world is purgatory, even though its not purgatory as such, but seems to sum it up pretty well. Not sure how it works in practice as they've all ended up in the same place, best not to think about it.

Last edited by ascender; 24-05-2010, 13:52.

Comment

--> Don't click on the link below if you haven't seen the final episode yet! <--

Get the latest highlights and exclusive scoops from the world of TV with Virgin TV Edit. Find everything from hot gossip to one-off interviews and more.

I know it's just a thirty second fluff piece but bugger me, it still really annoyed me how inaccurate it was! And why do people keep asking about

the polar bears FFS? They were explained ages ago!!

Comment

Eugh! That was unbelievably inaccurate. She said

"their lives on the island were just some weird afterlife experience

", that is just plain wrong. Grr!

Comment

There was a piece on the BBC radio news this morning about it and rather mentioning stuff like how it broke convention by actually asking for an end point rather then being cancelled or pushed Hollywood TV by featuring stuff like subtitles on a prime-time US show all we had was the usual 'it's so wacky it even had polar bears in the jungle' guff.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                              Eugh! That was unbelievably inaccurate. She said

"their lives on the island were just some weird afterlife experience

", that is just plain wrong. Grr!
                              I have a friend over in America who I have had many a long and detailed discussion about Lost with. We've been emailing about the finale today and she's been getting seriously pissed off with the amount of people saying

"Sooooo, they were dead all along!"

I've got no problem with people not liking Lost and thinking it's rubbish, we can't all like the same things, but it's amazing how the glaringly obvious just goes over so many people's heads.

Comment

Seriously a LOT of people think this is how it ended. I mean seriously? have people really missed a vital point in the last ep when

Christian talks to Jack and tells him yes they are all dead but some before him and some after.
                                So how can they all be dead from the crash, how would that be possible? Especially when some people left the island at the end on the plane and they all shared experiences together on the island. If they all died in the original crash surely they simply would never have know each other to even want to cross over/let go with each other?

Comment

Working...
                                X