X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he killed people he couldn't "corrupt"

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
      If that was the case why didn't Smokey hunt Lapidus down as soon as he set foot on the Island in season 4?
      In the beginning he just needed to make sure that nobody could leave so he took out the pilot.

In later series he had devised his plan of having all the Losties in a confined space and then blowing themselves up - perhaps in a plane. He needed a pilot to make this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
        I thought he killed people he couldn't "corrupt"
        Could be. Eko did stand up to him from memory and the monster fled - later returning to kick his ass.

Comment

Then he'd of killed Hurley, rather than going under the guise of Dave and trying to get him to do it himself. He hardly corrupted anyone; in fact, possibly only Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Then he'd of killed Hurley, rather than going under the guise of Dave and trying to get him to do it himself. He hardly corrupted anyone; in fact, possibly only Ben.
            He cant kill candidates dude so no he couldent of killed Hurley

he corrupted Ben, and Locke, two pretty big players, as far as the show goes, and he had a whole load of people following him by the end of the show.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 28-05-2010, 07:35.

Comment

You sure he can't kill all candidates? Wasn't Mr Eko's name of the candidate cave list?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                You sure he can't kill all candidates? Wasn't Mr Eko's name of the candidate cave list?
                Yes but he found God, so he had a purpose in the end......... (he needed to build a church) kinda like how Kate found a purpose as well with Aaron.......

Comment

He can't kill candidates which is why he needed them to blow themslves up on the sub. After Kate's name was crossed off he did threaten to shoot her though and Jack knew he could.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                    Yes but he found God, so he had a purpose in the end......... (he needed to build a church) kinda like how Kate found a purpose as well with Aaron.......

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                    He can't kill candidates which is why he needed them to blow themslves up on the sub. After Kate's name was crossed off he did threaten to shoot her though and Jack knew he could.
                    yah, I don't think my post made sense unless it was tagged with Jaz's post....... As Mr Eko WAS a potential candidate (i think)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                      In the beginning he just needed to make sure that nobody could leave so he took out the pilot.

In later series he had devised his plan of having all the Losties in a confined space and then blowing themselves up - perhaps in a plane. He needed a pilot to make this happen.
                      He would have had to of been an epic pilot to fly half a plane? Good job he eliminated him swiftly!

Lets also not forget the TRUFAX that people arrived and departed the island fairly freely via sub. It was possible to fly planes over and for choppers, you could even air drop supplies to the place.

Comment

Kinda lost track here, but I think my original point here was proved. Thanks guys!

Comment

Spent all week avoiding spoilers coming in from every angle, finally got to watch it tonight without a clue on how it would end.

What a shame. The show had some sublime moments, usually coming at the end of each season (the end of season three being the highlight of the entire run in my opinion), however this was an average episode to end an average season.

The last 16 episodes went in completely the wrong direction, creating a whole new fiction when it wasn't required and spending the big final episode on solving that new fiction rather than the five years of material that came before. Quite frankly this episode bored me!

A massive let down

Comment

I loved it. Great entertainment and definitely a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                              Spent all week avoiding spoilers coming in from every angle, finally got to watch it tonight without a clue on how it would end.

What a shame. The show had some sublime moments, usually coming at the end of each season (the end of season three being the highlight of the entire run in my opinion), however this was an average episode to end an average season.

The last 16 episodes went in completely the wrong direction, creating a whole new fiction when it wasn't required and spending the big final episode on solving that new fiction rather than the five years of material that came before. Quite frankly this episode bored me!

A massive let down
                              I completely disagree and its hard to see why someone would actualy think like this.

The actual story of the show was tied up perfectly with the stuff on the island and the "new fiction" you describe was a brilliant way to give all the characters a moving send off. Its hard to belive that someone who had followed these people for the last 6 years would not be satisfied by it, if they were then they completely missed the point of the show.

The show is called LOST and it was about people who were just that, lost, be it in life, on an island, in time, or even in an alternate reality. Final season was just the last chapter in how they were lost really and concluded with them being lost no more.

It was a perfect way to end it.
                              Last edited by rmoxon; 29-05-2010, 09:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsujinken View Post
                                He would have had to of been an epic pilot to fly half a plane? Good job he eliminated him swiftly!
                                I was thinking more that he could fly the small plane that Eko's brother crashed.

Comment

Working...
                                X