No announcement yet.

Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can take that, not coming to terms with what you did and not being able to move on because of it. Ben staying back is best example of that. I saw it as he was waiting to be forgiven by the people he hurt before he could move on. We see Locke forgive him and I think he was waiting for others and his daughter specifically to turn up so he could let go with them.

Will be tempted to get the blu-ray 1-6 set at a good price.

Comment

Just watched and I'm not ashamed to admit my eyes were watering throughout. Just brilliant. I'm so glad I stuck with it. Season 3 almost made me quit but they pulled it off. I'm gonna miss it.

Comment

Thought it was an absolubtley fantastic way to end the show. It was EPIC.

They concluded the actual island story in an exciting and satisfying fashion and

gave us a nice twist by making the flash sideways purgatory, it had been feeling increadabley contrived with characters meeting each other randomly and it was nice to find out it really wasnt contrived at all. I also liked the fact that these people basicaly saved the world and it was such an important part of their lives it still effected them after they died, they were all actualy rewarded for it in the end it seemed like.

Last edited by rmoxon; 24-05-2010, 23:52.

Comment

Very emotional ending.

As for the opinion that the Alt Timeline was actually a place Hurley / They built for themselves so they'd get back together, I don't get that bit. Certainly the Island in the alt timeline had sunk, we know that from the very start of this series - why would it be sunk in this afterlife if not for the nuke going off?

Also, if it was simply a specially created place for them to find each other, why did it take Desmond getting zapped and doing his Two Places At Once trick to guide people?

Maybe, at the end in the church, is that they're not dead. They've relived their Other lives, and this is their second chance at happiness. In the real timeline, some died as we saw, some went on to live far longer than Jack. In the alt timeline, they're consolidated memories between the two versions.

That in itself leaves loads of holes, like people "not ready to move on yet" and Christian appearing. And the general reading that it's the afterlife is probably correct.

Good to the last, glad it ended on a bit of mystery. Was worried when they got Flocke out of the way early on they'd not be too much mystery left.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Very emotional ending.

As for the opinion that the Alt Timeline was actually a place Hurley / They built for themselves so they'd get back together, I don't get that bit. Certainly the Island in the alt timeline had sunk, we know that from the very start of this series - why would it be sunk in this afterlife if not for the nuke going off?

Also, if it was simply a specially created place for them to find each other, why did it take Desmond getting zapped and doing his Two Places At Once trick to guide people?

Maybe, at the end in the church, is that they're not dead. They've relived their Other lives, and this is their second chance at happiness. In the real timeline, some died as we saw, some went on to live far longer than Jack. In the alt timeline, they're consolidated memories between the two versions.

That in itself leaves loads of holes, like people "not ready to move on yet" and Christian appearing. And the general reading that it's the afterlife is probably correct.

Good to the last, glad it ended on a bit of mystery. Was worried when they got Flocke out of the way early on they'd not be too much mystery left.

Well I think the easy explination to most of what youre wondering is that

The life energy of the world thats at the center of the island is made up of the same type of stuff that Desmond got zapped with and it basicaly made him live both his lives at once, he actualy thought it was another life he could get too but it wasn't, it was the life he was living after he died. Living desmond couldnt know it was the afterlife becuase he didnt know that he had died in the future. Dead Desmond saw his entire life, and his death, so he understood what needed to be done. I think they would have all found each other eventualy though, he just helped them along. I dont belive theres much mystery left really.

Last edited by rmoxon; 25-05-2010, 00:10.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
              Well I think the easy explination to most of what youre wondering is that

The life energy of the world thats at the center of the island is made up of the same type of stuff that Desmond got zapped with and it basicaly made him live both his lives at once, he actualy thought it was another life he could get too but it wasn't, it was the life he was living after he died. Living desmond couldnt know it was the afterlife becuase he didnt know that he had died in the future. Dead Desmond saw his entire life so understood what needed to be done.

But Desmond thought he'd go back when he unplugged the Island, but didn't.

The solution then, I guess, is if they (probably Hurley) built the afterlife, then he modelled it on what Desmond, still on the Island and living both lives at once, told him.

I'm not sold on this idea, it seems flimsy. If you were creating an afterlife, why make the people go through the same hardships, unless to make them appreciate those they never knew they missed even more? Why give Jack a kid only to take him away, as he's not then real? To many holes.

Maybe, as Juliet said, it did work, the island was sunk by the nuke. But that timeline existed only for them to meet up in the afterlife? Christian said they built it together.... maybe he means they built it with their actions in the real timeline which sunk an alternative timeline island. So it is an alt timeline but only until such time each Island individual is ready to move on.

That's about the best I've got right now at tying it all together....

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait for the writer's DVD commentary to really know

Comment

But Desmond thought he'd go back when he unplugged the Island, but didn't.

The solution then, I guess, is if they (probably Hurley) built the afterlife, then he modelled it on what Desmond, still on the Island and living both lives at once, told him.

I'm not sold on this idea, it seems flimsy. If you were creating an afterlife, why make the people go through the same hardships, unless to make them appreciate those they never knew they missed even more? Why give Jack a kid only to take him away, as he's not then real? To many holes.

Maybe, as Juliet said, it did work, the island was sunk by the nuke. But that timeline existed only for them to meet up in the afterlife? Christian said they built it together.... maybe he means they built it with their actions in the real timeline which sunk an alternative timeline island. So it is an alt timeline but only until such time each Island individual is ready to move on.

That's about the best I've got right now at tying it all together....

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait for the writer's DVD commentary to really know
                I'm with you I dont relaly belive

Hurley built an afterlife at all. The Nuke thing is weird, i thought juliet said it worked becuase she was neraly dead and could see her own afterlife actualy.

As i said the living Desmond was wrong, he thought he would be transported to another world but nothing happened to him becuase he didnt know the whole story like dead Desmond does.

The significance of the suken island could be somthing spiritual or psychological and not actual literal, these people were LOST, for the entire show, in many different ways. Maybe Juliet created the purgatory place becuase resetting the events on the island to have never happened was what she wanted when she died?.

Comment

I think there's a more spiritual and less practical explanation for how their little afterlife world was created. I don't think it was a wilful decision by any of them to say "Hey, we need a place to all meet up after we die but before we go to heaven," type thing.

I reckon it was basically like what Matthew Fox described in one of those Youtube clips. After dying you go to a place where you have to remember all the most important people in your lives, people you loved the most, people you spent the most important times together with, etc.. Once you've had this remembrance and then "let go" of that old life you're ready to move on to heaven / whatever is next.

As all the Losties were collectively all the most important people in each others lives, that's why they ended up in this pre-afterlife together. They "created it together" in that their souls / spirits intuitively knew they had to seek each other out before they could move on.

I probably shouldn't have sat up last night, I'm totally off my normal sleep pattern now

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post

I think there's a more spiritual and less practical explanation for how their little afterlife world was created. I don't think it was a wilful decision by any of them to say "Hey, we need a place to all meet up after we die but before we go to heaven," type thing.

I reckon it was basically like what Matthew Fox described in one of those Youtube clips. After dying you go to a place where you have to remember all the most important people in your lives, people you loved the most, people you spent the most important times together with, etc.. Once you've had this remembrance and then "let go" of that old life you're ready to move on to heaven / whatever is next.

As all the Losties were collectively all the most important people in each others lives, that's why they ended up in this pre-afterlife together. They "created it together" in that their souls / spirits intuitively knew they had to seek each other out before they could move on.

I probably shouldn't have sat up last night, I'm totally off my normal sleep pattern now
                    Yes you could be right

Thats why the sunken island was the first thing we saw this season, as Juliet died she wanted the island to sink, it was her part of the purgatory world coming true, which is why she said it worked.

Comment

Just watched the Lost finale and

I have to say I am a bit disappointed, there were far too many things left unexplained, and quite a few things that didnt make sense, for example:-
                      - If the flash-sideways is purgatory then shouldn't the people that died at an old age actually look old? Either that or they should all be young, I dont see how you can have it both ways.
                      - Why would Claire and Sun still be having babies? and why did Jack have a made-up son?

Warning, spoiler for Ashes to Ashes finale:-

...I also cant believe how similar the Lost finale was to the Ashes to Ashes finale.

Last edited by Link83; 25-05-2010, 12:15.

Comment

Could be right.

Still,

maybe it was all a dream all along! After all, Jack dies in the same condition as the show began, same wounds if memory serves, and then we see the plane wreckage still on the beach, as it originally was.

I don't think that's the case, but it's one interpretation.

I'll catch those YouTube clips tomorrow.

Comment

Could be right.

Still,

maybe it was all a dream all along! After all, Jack dies in the same condition as the show began, same wounds if memory serves, and then we see the plane wreckage still on the beach, as it originally was.

I don't think that's the case, but it's one interpretation.

I'll catch those YouTube clips tomorrow.
                          I find it hard to belive that

Jack would die from those wounds at all to be honest, it was one cut , seemed deep at the time but he hardly seemed to be losing any blood and blood loss would have been the only thing to kill him. the plane wrekage had never actualy moved had it? I think it had always been just in that place. i think it was deffinitley how wwe have described it and not a dream, I like how they started the show with Jack opening his eyes and then ended with a shot of him closing them, it was expected but still good.

Originally posted by Link83 View Post
                          Just watched the Lost finale and

I have to say I am a bit disappointed, there were far too many things left unexplained, and quite a few things that didnt make sense, for example:-
                          - If the flash-sideways is purgatory then shouldn't the people that died at an old age actually look old? Either that or they should all be young, I dont see how you can have it both ways.
                          - Why would Claire and Sun still be having babies? and why did Jack have a made-up son?

...I also cant believe how similar it was to the finale of Ashes to Ashes.
                          They wouldnt

Look how they did when they died becuase the most important part of their lives, and why they needed each other to move on, was their time on the island, its what they actualy thought about as they died, if you will.

Last edited by rmoxon; 25-05-2010, 00:41.

Comment

Just rewatched the finale on ITunes, ad free its 1 Hour 45 Minutes long, I actually preferred it on the second watch through, I think when I watched it the first time it still hadn't sunk in that it was really the end, seeing it again and knowing what the side flashes were it definetely felt more like a proper end.

Still loads of unanswered questions but most of them im fine with being left as a mystery, it means even when you watch through the whole thing again you still won't know everything.

I think

I was a bit dissapointed Jack died at the end, however it was nice all the main characters got a nice send off, what I would love to know more about is Hugo and Ben's time protecting the island.

Comment

The Geekbox is up and has 85 minutes of Lost final? talk.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                                I find it hard to belive that

Jack would die from those wounds at all to be honest, it was one cut , seemed deep at the time but he hardly seemed to be losing any blood and blood loss would have been the only thing to kill him. the plane wrekage had never actualy moved had it? I think it had always been just in that place. i think it was deffinitley how wwe have described it and not a dream, I like how they started the show with Jack opening his eyes and then ended with a shot of him closing them, it was expected but still good.

I don't know. A

knife / piece of fusilage through the gut, on a desert island, would kill almost anyone (if it's all Jack's dream, the Island isn't magical). The wreckage on the beach looked how it did at the very start of the show - before parts blew up, got burned out with the corpses inside, got scavenged to use as shelters.

Here's another oner. How did Jack go from inside the Light cavern to above the Island in the pool? EM teleportation? In which case, maybe he time travelled back to the moment they crash landed on the Island and this time round he died Lots of ways to interpret things

It's not what I think they're trying to say though.

Comment

Working...
                                X