No announcement yet.

Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to make sense of it all is a waste of time! because there will never be an explanation that manages to tie up all lose ends in this series.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      He was

wounded where there are no actual organs to damage and it was his side not his gut, as I said the only way to die from a wound like that is blood loss. As for the cave thing, MIB's body floated out at the same place as Jacks body did so it was somehow due to the flow of water, I dont actualy know why Jack didn't die though.
      I thought

MiBs body was thrown out by the smoke itself? And the stream was going DOWN the hole, not up. There was no flow out of the heart of the Island, only into it. And it was only a trickly down anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
        Spags, pretty much it for me too.
        Was thinking about the two forces

'positive and negative' and how the cork pool had that huge build up of electromagnetic energy (that only Desmond was able to enter). If you had two oppositely charged magnets that repelled each other and balanced one on top of the other then the top one should float right? Or is it two negatively charged magnets? I'm sure magnets

have something to do with it all anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Link83 View Post
          So can any one explain to me any of the following:-

- Why Michael couldn't kill himself off the island
          - Why Walt had 'special abilities'
          - Why 'the others' character 'Tom' was still alive off the island
          - Why 'the others' took the children, and what they wanted them for
          - What the Dharma initiatives numbered white rabbits was all about
          - What exactly were the 'islands unique properties' that the Dharma initiative came to investigate
          - Who built the statue and the temple
          - Why Sayid didn't end up with Nadia

I am sure there is even more that I am forgetting right now.

Also, are we meant to believe that

Kate and Sawyer never moved on with their love lives once they got off the island?

Dont get me wrong, I have really enjoyed watching Lost, and the journey is the most important part, but for me there was just too much left unexplained. The ending was good if your just wanted a

"they all got together and 'lived'(died) happily ever after" sort of ending, but I wanted/expected a more coherant explanation
          Well

I'm not gonna atempt to answer all of that but half of what you are asking has been explained clearly on the show. Stuf like why the others took babies, it was to test them as they wnated to klnow why no one could give birth on the island.

Kate and sawyer will have moved on, but they never did anything more important than saving the world during their time on the island... well its doubtful anyway isnt it?

The questions about the island have nearly all been explained too, its special propertises were the fact that it had electro magnetic energy running through its core etc.

I think you are thinking too much and yet not remembering enough of what you have been told to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            I thought

MiBs body was thrown out by the smoke itself? And the stream was going DOWN the hole, not up. There was no flow out of the heart of the Island, only into it. And it was only a trickly down anyway.
            No becuase

MIB's body came out of a totaly different place to where the smoke did, part of the reason they showed his body was probabaly to have it make at least a little bit of sense when Jack somehow came back later. What I want to know is why jack didn't die or turn into a smoke monster himself... was it becuase he wasnt filled with anger and stuff as the light filled the cave?

Comment

Link83, I'll have a crack at some of these for fun

- Why Michael couldn't kill himself off the island

You can't die until the Island is done with you.
              - Why Walt had 'special abilities'

Who knows. Some people are just Special. Walt was a possible Leader of the Others maybe?

- Why 'the others' character 'Tom' was still alive off the island

The Others could leave the Island on the sub. We didn't see him off the Island after he'd died.

- Why 'the others' took the children, and what they wanted them for

Protect them from Smokie. Candidates had to prove their worth by staring down Smokie / judgement.

- What the Dharma initiatives numbered white rabbits was all about

Tests for the time portal. Send them in, see where they turn up.

- What exactly were the 'islands unique properties' that the Dharma initiative came to investigate

Electro Magnetic energy.

- Who built the statue and the temple

No answer to that. It looks like it came sometime after Jacob took the job (5,000 years ago as discussed in one of the first episodes in series 1?). When the Black Rock comes in, the conversation is it's not the first time, so assuming they're not just talking about the time they themselves arrived, maybe others came and worshipped Jacob, building it for him. Then again, it could pre-date Jacob's arrival.

- Why Sayid didn't end up with Nadia

Guilt over what he'd done with her? He moved on and found Shannon?

Are we meant to believe Kate and Sawyer never moved on with their love lives once they got off the island?

Yeah that's hard to get over. Sawyer may have still been hung up on Juliet. But Kate? She'd definitely have gone on to have kids after her experience raising Aaron.

Last edited by Matt; 25-05-2010, 11:53. Reason: Spoiler tags messed up. Not my fault as it happens!

Comment

But,

Kate would have continued to help raise Aaron with Claire, that was the reason Claire decided to leave the island.

Comment

I know that the more I think about it, the more disappointed I'll be, so I'm going to leave it alone.

I think I understand how it all ended, but I'm having difficulty putting it into words. It was a fitting ending, full of extremely emotional scenes, and I'm sad it's over with so much left unsaid...though I still maintain that this won't be the end of the show in some form or other.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                    I know that the more I think about it, the more disappointed I'll be, so I'm going to leave it alone.

I think I understand how it all ended, but I'm having difficulty putting it into words. It was a fitting ending, full of extremely emotional scenes, and I'm sad it's over with so much left unsaid...though I still maintain that this won't be the end of the show in some form or other.
                    Well at long as they dont make a crap game about it....

....oh, wait....

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                      But,

Kate would have continued to help raise Aaron with Claire, that was the reason Claire decided to leave the island.
                      For the next 15 years? Eventually

she'd of got broody herself I'm sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Bydo View Post
                        Yeah, I've heard that in the very final episode all the islanders meet-up one by one in a restaurant to the tune of 'Don't Stop Believing' by Journey!
                        I wasn't a million miles away from this was I?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          For the next 15 years? Eventually

she'd of got broody herself I'm sure!
                          It was

both the place they were living and the bond these people shared that made them so important to each other, I doubt she will have visited another crazy island or experienced anything like it, its somthing thats bound to stay with you forever and what you would no doubt think about on your death bed.

Comment

Well

I'm not gonna atempt to answer all of that but half of what you are asking has been explained clearly on the show. Stuf like why the others took babies, it was to test them as they wnated to klnow why no one could give birth on the island.

Kate and sawyer will have moved on, but they never did anything more important than saving the world during their time on the island... well its doubtful anyway isnt it?

The questions about the island have nearly all been explained too, its special propertises were the fact that it had electro magnetic energy running through its core etc.

I think you are thinking too much and yet not remembering enough of what you have been told to be honest
                            Thanks but

I didnt actually mean the babies, the others also took the two children from the tail end of the plane, as well as Walt. It just didnt seem to be explained is all. The last time remember seeing them was at the temple, not sure what happened to them after that.

I am probably not remembering everything (There were a lot of mysteries!) but there just seems like a lot left unanswered to me. I am happy to accept the island for what it is, but I thought all the 'man-made' mysteries were going to be explained. For instance I would have liked to have known exactly what

'The Hydra' station was for, what sort of experiments would the Dharma initiative have needed polar bears, sharks and dolphins for?:-

Last edited by Link83; 25-05-2010, 12:01.

Comment

for the ones who like to be further confused

Comment

It was

both the place they were living and the bond these people shared that made them so important to each other, I doubt she will have visited another crazy island or experienced anything like it, its somthing thats bound to stay with you forever and what you would no doubt think about on your death bed.

Your own kids would be more important to you than the people you spent time with on the Island. You have a bond with them beyond any crazy Island. Another reason Jack and Juliet abandoning their "kid" doesn't sit right.

Comment

Working...
                                X