Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
    Well i'll say it, that was dissapointing.
    I sort of agree. Mainly because

I'm pretty sure they said from the very beginning that they weren't dead and they so obviously were.

I was crying a lot though, really touching stuff.

Comment

It felt abrupt as I expected it to go on anoth 15 minutes.

Comment

same here. I wonder if that's to do with the technical fault at the beginning...

Comment

Im definetely gonna pick this up on ITunes and watch it again without all the ad breaks.

Comment

I though the final scene was very apt and wonderfully done.

Probably way of the mark, but this my take on things.....

Everything that happened on the Island was real. The flashbacks and flash-forwards we saw in previous seasons were real. The "alternative timeline" we saw this season was them in the afterlife, they just needed to find each other and meet one last time to move on.

Jack saved the island and died (obviously), the other Oceanic 815 people just died before or after, the latter definitely applies to the people who managed to escape on the Ajira plane.

As for the island, it is just a damn freaky and mysterious place, simple as that really. The characters themselves know just as much as we (the viewers) do about the place, which is fine by me. A little bit of mystery is a good thing sometimes, especially when it comes to the island

Good finale, enjoyed it. Now I need to pick up all the seasons on blu-ray!

Comment

does the technical fault stop you from seeing anything? just wondering as ive recorded it on sky one but if its fooked ill download it

Comment

I thought it was incredible, for a TV show covered in mystery it definitely does a good job of making it feel complete.

The only thing which annoyed me was the advert break RIGHT before Jack was about to smack Man In Black in the FACE! What an epic scene!

Comment

Originally posted by Dezm0nd View Post
                  The only thing which annoyed me was the advert break RIGHT before Jack was about to smack Man In Black in the FACE! What an epic scene!
                  I thought that was the end of The End Part One, and the actual fight was the start of The End Part Two

However, if that was the case Part Two only lasted an hour with breaks.. Where's my extra 15 minutes!
                  Last edited by D J Kix; 24-05-2010, 07:11.

Comment

As expected the fan reaction is very much love or hate, I think it comes down to which part of the series you were drawn to more, Characters or the Island and its mysteries.

Comment

The live US stream I had to watch did have shed loads of ads, there was one slapped straight on

Jack about to flying punch MiB in the face, in the rain matrix stylee. Was like oh man moment, as said think that was part 1 finished going into part 2

Comment

Originally posted by D J Kix View Post
                        I thought that was the end of The End Part One, and the actual fight was the start of The End Part Two

However, if that was the case Part Two only lasted an hour with breaks.. Where's my extra 15 minutes!
                        Ah man, i'd love to see that fight without breaks. The way it was shot felt incredible.

Comment

I gave up during season 2 but I must admit, I'm still curious. So what happened in the end? I mean, is there a three or four line sum up?

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                            I thought this was supposed to be 2 and a half hours?
                            Originally posted by D J Kix View Post
                            This had already been shown on the east coast of America, which gave Sky time to edit the version we saw that was being shown the same time as it was on in the west coast of America. All those times we had the screen that said something like "The last episode of Lost. Live in the US" would have been a proper ad break in the US, whereas we went straight back to the show. If you add up the amount of those and the time of ad breaks they would have accounted for, then it would total the 15-20 minutes we appeared to be missing.

Comment

woops, spoiler tags aren't working in my head.

in summary, no I couldn't summarise the story arc in 4 lines

Comment

Wow. That sounds very different to where I left the show. And certainly interesting. So... did they manage to make sense of that and make it work? If they did, I'm impressed.

Oh and I think the 's' at the end of your spoiler tags are what is causing them not to work. Done that myself many times.

Comment

Working...
                                X