The Commando Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by merf View Post
    I don't think history will be kind on the 80s action genre..
    Bah, humbug! Genre featured some of the best black & white and comedy movies of 80's. I can't even imagine how someone couldn't apperciate masterpieces like Commando, McBain, Death Wish 3 or American Ninja. They are timeless!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      If they did an American remake who would be Arnie now?
      Why of course it would have to be none other than the Doctor Of Thuganomics - John Cena.

More importantly though, who the hell would play Bennett? I can't think of any actor currently with Vernon Wells' mastery of straddling the balance beam between kick ass baddie and comedy predatory homosexual.

Comment

Vinnie Jones!

You are welcome Seany!

Comment

I smell another WWE Films project! Vinne Jones was of course in The Condemned.

The Rock would be a good contender for Bennett I reckon. Super tough but super funny as well. I'm sure he played a gay bouncer in Be Cool as well, which I havent seen.

this needs to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post

Merrick here THIS ARTICLE in USA Today says that Robert Rodriguez is putting together a RED SONJA project, with Rose McGowan as Sonja. Douglas Aarniokoski, whose worked with Rodriguez for a long, long time (often as assistant director)...

Freaky

Comment

Thread necromancy!

Vernon Wells is going to be present at the San Diego Comicon this month doing signing sessions, so does anyone have something witty, amusing or topical for me to ask him to write should I grab an autograph?
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Tell him to let off some steam...

Comment

I?d ask for:

?I?ve just had to listen to your little piss ant friend trying to talk tough.

Love Bennet?

Oh, and ask if the chainmail vest ever got him any action? :P

Comment

Is it me or does Bennet look out of shape when stood next to Arnie?

I reckon you should ask Bennet what it was like to be killed by the gouvenor of California?

Comment

Had to watch this today after reading thread.

My version is badly cut (R2 DVD 20th century fox release), what's the best version to get?)

Bennet looks like the third chuckle brother they dont talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                        Linked to Red Sonja Remake.

Rose McGowan is going to play Sonja. I reckon her body shape is similar to 'Tyris Flare' from Golden Axe. Could be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                          Had to watch this today after reading thread.

My version is badly cut (R2 DVD 20th century fox release), what's the best version to get?)

Bennet looks like the third chuckle brother they dont talk about.
                          the region 1 directors cut is the business, i think its a steelbook as well

i thought the red sonja remake was shelved due to the backers wanting it filmed in Germany and the director unwilling to spend months away from his family

Comment

Ask Bennett if he feels good.

Comment

Now that I'm back home... photo proof time heh...

Comment

Oh, the rest of the shots from Comic-Con are here...

Photos taken at the San Diego Comicon 2009 between 23rd-27th July.

Comment

Working...
                                X