No announcement yet.

The Commando Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mayhem, just looked through your Comic Con photos, they're aces!

There's quite a lot so towards the end I skipped some of the artists I didn't recognise and went straight to the female cosplayers mainly! grrrowl!

Comment

Yeah heh, don't blame you... I missed snapping the Rikku and Pikachu cosplay (not sure if it was the same gal, they looked very similar) so go look them up if you want some eye candy
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Something strange happend last night whilst i was eating my dinner. I flicked on the tv and 48 hours was showing, so i thought id watch a bit whilst waiting for Big Brother to start. There was a scene in 48hours where they are chasing a guy with a bag of money.

Now the interesting part is that the guy in the film who they are chasing, turned out to be the same guy in Commando who plays Sully (sp). Well not only is that a pleasant suprise, but it just so happend the music they were playing during this scene was also a backing tune in Commando. The tune where they have a Caribbean tone to it. I think it plays throughout commando and is on during the part where Arnie suits up with all his weapons and body paint.

Just thought id share as it was a pleasant suprise for me

Wouldn't happen to be done by the same director by any chance?

Comment

Oh and btw, nice photos Mr Allen!

Can't believe how much the guy has aged, i don't recognise him....... Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I would have to re-watch it to check the music but it's not the same director. 48hrs was directed by Walter Hill and Commando was done by Mark Lester. You may also have noticed that one of the main bad guys in 48hrs is played by Billy from Predator.
            Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Great pic, Mayhem. Bennett seems to be morphing into "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase in his old age.

Comment

Originally posted by figflair View Post
                I would have to re-watch it to check the music but it's not the same director. 48hrs was directed by Walter Hill and Commando was done by Mark Lester. You may also have noticed that one of the main bad guys in 48hrs is played by Billy from Predator.
                yep dude, i did lol......... they must all look out for each other when roles come available or something........

Comment

I watched it on ITV4 last night and im sure they showed the uncut version

Comment

Jason, you got me curious now, whats been cut?

Is the scene where cook gets impaled edited out or something?

Or is it the part where Arnie scalps one of the guards with a circular blade from the tool shed?

Comment

I watched this lying in bed. The missus was asleep so I had the subtitles on.

Brilliantly, they were ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                        Jason, you got me curious now, whats been cut?

Is the scene where cook gets impaled edited out or something?

Or is it the part where Arnie scalps one of the guards with a circular blade from the tool shed?

Its probbaly the standard 20th century fox release which is cut to buggery. Although the scalping is in, obvious omissions are the hotel impaling and the arm getting chopped off. Lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                          Its probbaly the standard 20th century fox release which is cut to buggery. Although the scalping is in, obvious omissions are the hotel impaling and the arm getting chopped off. Lame.
                          So Cooks impalement is not in but Bennets 'letting off steam' at the end is? Makes no sense really...........

I always wondered what it was that fell out of Arnies pocket during the mall scene where Sully runs him over and he gets back up like nothing happened. If you look carefully you see some black object clearly lying on the ground.

Oh and only watching it properly again since i was a child, have i realised how hawt, the female lead is 'specially in that tight uniform......... aichi-mama!

Comment

Pretty sure it's his wallet that Arnie drops in the mall scene.

Comment

So is there an entirely uncut version available on dvd?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                                the arm chopping off was in last nights ITV4 version, i'm going to burst out the R1 steelbook and have a look

@ Prinny - yeah the R1 version is uncut, play.com even tell you about it

clicky and read the review

Comment

Working...
                                X