No announcement yet.

The Descent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, my family pissed themselves at that bit too, very well done!

Comment

I've yet to watch it again, but still think

the jumpiest bits are in the first 15 mins - car accident, lady looking out of patio doors/window ?

Comment

I found the bit where the girl got stuck in the tunnel really unnerving, I go caving myself and seeing her in a panic was really quite frightening.

Comment

I agree Jimmy, that being a worst nightmare of mine. The

car crash

was harsh!

Comment

Yeah it was nasty quite unexpected, it (That part) reminded me of Final destination both in the way it was executed* and the jump factor.

*Pun intended

Comment

I really do love this film, I dont think its been given the praise it actually deserves!

Yeh, those bits were well cool, really made you jump, but the actual part in the caves was fantastic, really brutal, always makes my jump and squirm!

Comment

During the tight caving bits I felt myself taking in huge lung-fulls of air in the cinema. The claustrophobia was intense.

And the

entrance of the first beastie, through the camcorder

... I still have my wife's fingernails in my forearm from when we saw it at the pictures. When watching it on dvd I did so with a group of mates who hadn't seen it. Watching their response during that bit was class. It's one of those scares that works so well because your brain doesn't register it immediately.

Brilliant film. A proper horror. Almost as great on dvd as it was at the piccies.

Comment

^^ Agreed about "that" scare. I haven't been that closing to soiling myself in a long time - superbly executed and really put me on edge for a while.

Great film overall - really enjoyed it and I think that was partly down to having no clue what it was about other than "girls go into a cave".

Comment

I love this film. Loved it at the cinema and bought it the moment it came out. For some reason, the overall level of fear reminded me of Cabin Fever, even though they're completely different films.

Still, the ending!

NOW HOW BLOODY *EVIL* is that? Thinking she's finally made it out (even though we all expected their to be evil monstie to bite her head off in the back of the car), and then - BAM! Cake of death.

Comment

I ws slow to pick up on

how Juno was having an affair with Sarahs man, missed it until I watched it 3rd time round..

Comment

Yeah it's very subtle, I didn't get it 'til nearer the end of the movie, great little plot running through the movie though.

It was so sweet when she whacked her in the leg with the ice pick at the end.

Comment

Nooo I hated that bit, in fact I didnt like how

Juno died at all, she was my fave

Comment

I would. She had it coming though.

Comment

Natalie Mendoza... has a bit of a Lucy Liu thing going on I thought.. Cant decide if she had it coming, it was an accident, but she did (kinda) lie about it and also the

affair thing

Comment

And the small fact that...

she din't have a map of the cave!

Comment

Working...
                                X