No announcement yet.

The Descent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juno rules. She's up there with Michelle Rodriguez (sp?) in Resident Evil.

Comment

This is finally being released in the US (lol!) but Ive heard they are going to change the ending to suit the 'Hollywood' audience - this cant be true can it?

Comment

wow, that's a great poster

Comment

according to wikipedia, in the american version they just end it

after she gets in the car at the end....you dont see that it was a halucination/dream and shes obviously going to die too.

i thought that was one of the best parts myself, theres no need for all movies to have happy endings.

Comment

I recently watched this and I have to say I was quite impressed (hated the beginning and most of the characters though).

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
              according to wikipedia, in the american version they just end it

after she gets in the car at the end....you dont see that it was a halucination/dream and shes obviously going to die too.

i thought that was one of the best parts myself, theres no need for all movies to have happy endings.
              Thats truly sickening if thats the case, they dont deserve the film.

Comment

I know there was talk that they were going to edit the US version and remove the last couple of minutes or so, but I didn't realise they'd gone through with it.

Comment

I dont understand why they are removing it?

Is that the part where they realise she's dreaming or something, so she actually is stuck down the hole.

I cant remember cause it was so long ago since I last seen it. I dont like watching it alone since its rather scary for me!
                  Last edited by MartyG; 31-08-2006, 06:49. Reason: way to spoiler a film totally!

Comment

Probably went thru a focus group who decided there wasn't enough waving of American flags or something.

Comment

To change the ending (Or not show the complete one) is a bit naff, the ending gave the film a lot of it's power, I love grim 1970's style endings. You don't need happy all the time, how can the outcome of a film like Descent be anything other than totally grim?

everyone's dead ffs!

Ah well, I like the american poster, but only for the lovely lady bottoms.
                      Last edited by jimmbob; 31-08-2006, 09:44.

Comment

The end of the film was a complete cheat. It lied to the audience to get a particular response that it couldn't seem to get through good storytelling.

I don't mind if a film ends happily or not. But fake endings are pox.

Comment

Disagree, that ending rocked.

Especially when the camera pans out to show her alone in a small cave, surrounded by those things with no possible way out. The only thing that pissed me off is killing Juno, although I am a bit biased when it comes to Natalie Mendoza.

Comment

I thought the thing about the ending is that no-one quite knows what happened so its very open-ended. Maybe that's the problem, that free thinking and interpretation isn't really an American thing and they wanted it all spelled out for them.

Comment

I'm not disagreeing with that bit Marcus. What I'm saying is - if that's the way they wanted to end it, they shouldn't have shown us the bit before. They should have commited to that ending. But what they did was show us something that was utterly pointless because it was a lie. If they were trying to milk a surprise, it was a weak way to do it.

Edit: How do I do spoiler tags? Is it just
                              ?

Edit 2: Oh so it is!
                              Last edited by Dogg Thang; 31-08-2006, 18:25.

Comment

Bumpty bump. Anyone planning on or already seen Descent 2? I'm going to see it one night next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X