No announcement yet.

Futurama new series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocking, but when this happened with the simpsons it was a bluff that didn't work, and they had to pay the actors what they deserved. Maybe the same thing here, but its a cable show now so Fox may not care as much. Really won't be worth it without Benders, Fry and Leela's voices. Maybe the Bender guy is making to much money working for Gears of War?? A Sad day.

Comment

Fox can bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

dont think the voice actors have the same clout really as futurama was never as big as simpsons

Comment

Other than John Dimaggio as Bender, they're all pretty much interchangable to me. Tress MacNeill and Billy West have to be some of the most recognisable (and probably also most easily imitable) voices in TV animation. I'm still looking forward to the new series.

Comment

Man Billy West does a lot of characters

Philip J. Fry, Professor Hubert Farnsworth, Dr. Zoidberg and Zapp Brannigan,

Comment

The simpsons voice actors are incredibly talented and can do a really wide range of voices (except I think the person who does marge only does 2 or 3 voices), not a patch on Mel Blanc mind.

Hank Azaria's characters:

Moe, Wiggum, Apu, Azaria, Comic Book Guy, Carl Carlson, Cletus Spuckler, Professor Frink, Dr. Nick Riviera, Lou, Snake, Kirk Van Houten, the Sea Captain, Superintendent Chalmers, Disco Stu, Duffman

The Futurama cast is much less versatile and so much cheaper to replace. However given they've lost most of their real talented writers (the last two Futurama movies in particular were lacking), losing the cast would kill the soul of the show. It would be like Disney's Doug compared to the Nickelodeon one.
              Last edited by abigsmurf; 22-07-2009, 07:54.

Comment

A lot of those are fairly minor characters though. Billy West does three major characters that appear every episode and one fairly major character that appears in most. The fact that it isn't obvious he's doing all four suggests his range is just as big as the simpsons voice actors.

Still, I read that they wanted $75,000 per episode. Is that each or the total for all the voice actors? If it's each then that sounds like a hell of a lot to me.

Comment

I think that's pretty reasonable, given that the Simpsons actors are on around double that an episode.

Comment

Good news everyone!

Comment

It's back baby!

First two eps have hit the web.

Comment

The voice acting sounds off to me.

Ok second episode was miles better, the first was just not funny and a waste of an ep.

"I wax my rocket every day"
                        Last edited by dvdmike; 23-06-2010, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                          The voice acting sounds off to me.

Ok second episode was miles better, the first was just not funny and a waste of an ep.

"I wax my rocket every day"
                          A return to normality it seems (After Hot tub time machine).

I really enjoyed the first and apart from the LOL's in the second I found it rather dull.

Comment

Oh my, they're online! YEA!!!
                            Last edited by Dezm0nd; 23-06-2010, 21:01.

Comment

World wide web version of the 90 sec preview:
                              Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                                A return to normality it seems (After Hot tub time machine).

I really enjoyed the first and apart from the LOL's in the second I found it rather dull.
                                But it was like the first episode didnt need to happen at all

as the robots and the crew are back to normal, it was like an "it was all a dream" episode

Comment

Working...
                                X