No announcement yet.

Futurama new series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's been preordered for a while, how are play with DVD release dates?

Comment

I recieved the Dexter Season one DVD the saturday before it came out on monday, so not too shabby

Just watched Benders Big Score again and i forgot how funny it is. The first time I saw it I thought it was a bit too dragged out but now I knew what to expect, the second viewing was alot of more enjoyable.

Best cartoon available, for me. Can't beat it.
      Last edited by Dezm0nd; 02-06-2008, 13:50.

Comment

Yeah watched this on Sunday, this IMO is the worst Futurama ever, if you thought Bender's Big Score was bad, this is truly, truly bad.

I'm not convinced Futurama can work over 90 minutes.

Comment

Yeah, I'm giving the future direct to disc movies a miss too.

Even if I wanted them, there's no way in hell I'm buying them on SD DVD again. Selling me that then putting a pristine trailer at the start of The Simpsons Movie BD a week later was just cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
            Yeah watched this on Sunday, this IMO is the worst Futurama ever, if you thought Bender's Big Score was bad, this is truly, truly bad.

I'm not convinced Futurama can work over 90 minutes.
            I'm really not feeling these extra long episodes, laughs a few & far between
            & the worst stories so far. If this is a sign for the series to come maybe it is best left alone & cherished.

Comment

I really liked the last movie, I can't wait for the DVD to pop through my door

Comment

Originally posted by angelx View Post
                I'm really not feeling these extra long episodes, laughs a few & far between
                & the worst stories so far. If this is a sign for the series to come maybe it is best left alone & cherished.
                Spot on, if this is the best they can do (storywise) in all the time they have been off the air, please throw in the towel now and preserve the TV Show. Or let Fry get Leela (it'll eventually happen, I reckon) and finish for good.

Comment

last dvd i thought was a good story....just not a good comedy though

Comment

shame to hear you didnt enjoy it, i personally enjoyed BBS (2nd time was funnier).

I'll let you people know if i agree with miguel, hopefully not

Comment

People thought Benders Big Score was poor? I thought it was the best ever episode!

Comment

Well, I just watched the beast with a billion backs and I thought it was great! The story may not be as twisted as the first straight to DVD movie but it didn't stop it from being funny.

It felt more like those weird episodes futurama sometimes has, more like a halloween special in the simpsons. It all felt very surreal, even for futurama standards. Not a bad bullet point might I add.

It had a few gaming references in there to keep me happy and the jokes while none were tear inducing there were plenty of laughs in there!

I never really understand what people want from these new 3 in 1 episodes, but i'm satisifed!

Roll on december for the new one! Overall, a solid 8 out of 10, i'd say. Great, not amazing
                        Last edited by Dezm0nd; 10-06-2008, 13:12.

Comment

Yeah I agree. I just finished watching it and found it much more enjoyable then benders big score. It was more enjoyable to me because:

For a start it didn't have any songs in it, which were the weakest part of Benders Big Score. Also, it was more about Bender and Fry's relationship then the usual Fry and Leela plotlines. Plus Bender was on top form throughout the entire episode, especially Pirate Bender.

I've only seen Bender's Big Score once, so by the sounds of things I should go back and watch that again, but this was great, great fun.

Comment

Holy mahoney at

Amy's funeral dress

Comment

Glad to see someone enjoyed it like myself It's good to have a Fry/Bender relationship themed movie, it was classic stuff and I can't wait to see it again with some mates.

Anyone up for a game of Normal Combat? I also want that Pac-man game they were playing!

Comment

Just got the DVD through the door and it's crammed with extra features. It has the full episode which they wrote and used for the Futurama game plus a sneak peak at the new one coming out in November 2008.

It looks absolute bonkers

Seems to be a dungeons and dragons/lord of the rings spoof

No doubt someones got the video on youtube already.

It also has the typical features on the DVD such as deleted scene, bloopers of the voice actors and animatics all over the place.

Looking forward to watching this again soon with commentary
                                Last edited by Dezm0nd; 28-06-2008, 15:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X