No announcement yet.

The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to see it again next weekend and am just as excited as I was before I went to see it last night, cant wait.

Yeah, in the cartoon when the autobots land on Earth and are damaged the scanner (cant remember what it is called) goes out and scans vehicles and rebuilds them based on that vehicles structure.

It was much like how when the autobots landed there wasn't that much difference in them but when they scaned there chosen vehicles they looked very different from each other.

I loved how they done this in the film, especialy

the bit with Bumblebee in the tunnel

, that was really cool.

Comment

Does anyone know if the score (rather than the **** Linkin Park soundtrack) is out on CD? I loved the music that went with the arrival of the Autobots, which was really beautiful. If it wasn't for that stupid

tooth fairy

gag in the middle that sequence would have been perfect.

Comment

Yeah, but it allowed some

My Little Pony

product placement

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
          Does anyone know if the score (rather than the **** Linkin Park soundtrack) is out on CD? I loved the music that went with the arrival of the Autobots, which was really beautiful. If it wasn't for that stupid

tooth fairy

gag in the middle that sequence would have been perfect.
          Yup, see my post earlier in thread for track listing, avail from amazon.

Great apart from "second to none" which is out of place \ only used for bumblebee's introduction.

Comment

Yeah I've got that album. I mean the score - the orchestrated music composed just for the film - rather than the soundtrack.

Comment

Just got back from seeing this at the cinemas! Fantastic film!!! Way better than I had expected it to be!

Comment

Just got back from seeing this and as one helluva hardcore Transformers fan (I have an Autobots tattoo), I give it two thumbs up. It's the perfect movie for fans and newcomers to the franchise with enough to keep both parties satisfied. It really is breathtaking when you see them all transform for the first time - I had goosebumps constantly whilst watching it. My only gripe is what others have already touched on with the camera being a little too close to the action at times (ala Batman Begins) but this is really only a minor niggle.

Go see this, go see it now!

Comment

Taka, you didn't see it at the cinema on Broad Street did you? (I did...)

Comment

As about the only guy here who seems to know nothing about Transformers, never owned a toy or seen the cartoon, I found the movie nonsensical and TBH head-hurting in places. But then the action would kick back in and all would be well again. Some good jokes, some bad scenes, some absolutely awesome action, yeah I'd recommend this film.

Have to agree with Best CG Ever claims. One or two shots everything didn't gel 100%, but that's really nitpicking. The CG looked part of the scene, they got it all right - motion tracking, lighting, reflections, grain, DOF, everything. ****ing awesome - though in fairness metallic androids are a lot easier to do that "humanoids".

Comment

Should add, saw it Saturday mid-afternoon, and the place wasn't even half full - very surprised, I imagined it'd be packed, so pre-booked the tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                        Taka, you didn't see it at the cinema on Broad Street did you? (I did...)
                        Depends, I saw it at the AMC off Broad Street. Did you see it at the UGC?

Comment

Ah yeah I saw it at the UGC. I let my mate sort out the tickets - I didnt realise it was on at the AMC too! Much prefer that cinema! (sorry to everyone else going OT here lol).

Comment

Just got back from seeing this. What a quality film! Amazing CG, great story and an awesome soundtrack!

That is all.

Comment

CG aside, I thought this was pretty crap.
                              Voight puts in one of the worst performances ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                                Should add, saw it Saturday mid-afternoon, and the place wasn't even half full - very surprised, I imagined it'd be packed, so pre-booked the tickets.
                                I saw it at an 8pm showing on Saturday night and it was absolutely packed. For some reason there were people sitting in the aisles which I think is illegal (obstructing emergency exits, etc) but meh. I think it was just because they came in late and the last few seats were in the middle of rows.

Comment

Working...
                                X