The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c00ke5ter View Post
    Packaged arrived this morning from Vue cinema's....

TF pen, which has to be the coolest pen ever, rather than just a pen with TF on it, it's actually a transforming motion, self powered \ damped, opening up the pen shape, from a release catch.

package? i'm in japan right now, gonna be watching this in shibuya, and on the japanese site it has the pen on there with a 1,300Y price tag (about a fiver)

i'm gonna pick up one or a hundred or something. are they available to buy back in jolly old blighty though? not interested in making a mint really, but they'd be cool as pressies

Comment

Not available to buy as far as I know, certainly not seen any....

Comment

WOWWWWWWWW!!!

Loved this to pieces. Not proper into Transformers, dont know squat about it but this film reeked of awesomeness!

Sitting in the cinema with a cheesy grin the whole way through, and my mate who I went with seen it last night too, so two days in a row!

There was hardly a moment where the movie dipped or got boring for me, it was all just so classy. And as others have said, techincally the film is just jaw dropping, every single second of the CGI looks real and you never think anything looks fake or green screen or anything like that. And the fact the whole movie is actually 'believable' in a sense made it all the better. I know its not actually believable but it was done so realistically with the look, sound, etc, it just worked.

Very impressive.

And that Camaro!!

EDIT: Thats Halloween sorted!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akNJ6S2UqsE&NR=1
        Last edited by Rossco; 28-07-2007, 21:08.

Comment

This absolutely kicks ass.

All the feared cheesy bits helped make it seem more 80's and really contributed to the script. The lead was never one bit annoying, and not since Donnie Darko have I seen a film where the main character doesn't piss me off at least once, in turn making me fall out with the entire film. lol. Not here though.

The only negative thing I have to say regards most of the action being a little too close up, my eyes were begging for some panned-out action towards the end.

10/10 cars

I nearly jizzed when Bumblebee came back as a brand spanker Camaro, playing some classic Hotei on the radio

9/10 action
          8/10 acting
          10/10 bint
          8/10 tunes
          11/10 F-22s

When I say something's good, you know it must be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
            I think looking past the "marked out" moments of the classic Transformers dialogue, it was a decent flick at heart with fantastic special effects -

apart from the over-sized glasses, looked stupid, since the sense of scale was completely lost.
            LOL! yeah, I noticed those and rolfed!!! ><

also...

Prime going on about learning how to talk from the internet -where was all t3h 73Et sp34k0rz then? lol

Not since watching ET face down in a stream at five years old have I felt pity for something in a film. Bumblebee was ace. It's left me wanting a car again even, albeit another stupid one I'll never be able to afford insurance on, or park up outside my flat without some random knob kicking my wing-mirror off.

This will be a definate keeper on my HD when we're all finally watching stuff in pay-per download sl-HD (Super Lossless High-Definition).

also..

The tag on Barricade: "To punish and..." what was it???? I can't f'in remember!!! :angry: Whatever, it was baad-ass. I'll remember it...

Last edited by dataDave; 29-07-2007, 02:18.

Comment

...enslave.

Comment

Watched this in Friday and the cinema was empty!! I pre booked as i thought it would be really busy. Oh well, their loss!!

I was (and still am) a big Transformers fan and for me it was just fantastic, i thought it was genuinely funny, and i was surprised that they had at least made an effort to include a decent storyline.

Obviously the robots steal the show, at parts i was just laughing to myself in disbelief at how good the special effects were, just as i imagined what it'd be like in real life.

Anyway, i'm gonna see it again tonight with the wife so can't wait to take it all in again.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                  also..

The tag on Barricade: "To punish and..." what was it???? I can't f'in remember!!! :angry: Whatever, it was baad-ass. I'll remember it...

it was my little cousin's birthday a couple of weeks ago and i bought him the barricade transformer, i noticed that little tag and thought it was an excellent touch.

Comment

Transformers experts! Where does one go to buy Transformers these days?

And... anyone know the answer to my Ultra Magnus plane question on the previous page?

Comment

Watched this last night. Haven't got much to add to what has been said but it was bloody superb! Loved every minute. Enjoyed the comedy a lot, as well as the action.

I was hoping Prime would slip, "You n00b" or something in there, as they learnt English from the internet. I did love his "my bad" comment, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post

And... anyone know the answer to my Ultra Magnus plane question on the previous page?
                        I think the jet is Silverbolt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                          ...enslave.
                          The Punish and Enslave.

I'm like, sooo having that put on my car.

FFS. What are the UK Police force doing!?? They should all be driving around in massive terrorising Mustangs like that! They'd get way more respect! And even I'd want to be a copper just so I could have one.

I'm trying to get a couple of stubborn, hardcore, Transformer gayer mates to come with me to watch it again today. They won't budge though.
                          Last edited by dataDave; 29-07-2007, 11:19.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            Watched this last night. Haven't got much to add to what has been said but it was bloody superb! Loved every minute. Enjoyed the comedy a lot, as well as the action.

I was hoping Prime would slip, "You n00b" or something in there, as they learnt English from the internet. I did love his "my bad" comment, though!
                            Yeh true, when he said that I laughed so much!

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man View Post
                              I think the jet is Silverbolt.
                              You're right. Thanks for that. A google search on the name gave me all I needed to know. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post

depends what you are after to be honest, riginal 80's , re releases, remake of characters ? takara put out some lovely pieces in the masterpiece rangse aswell as the hybrid convoy range.binal-techs ( alternators in us and uk ) are fantastc aswell

as rubbish as it sounds, best place for it all is ebay.

Comment

Working...
                                X