No announcement yet.

The Official 'Transformers' Live Action Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great film. Its a really cool seeing the trasnformers re-done. I was hoping for a long car chase but maybe in the sequel.

How awesome was it when Ironhide did a Flip by blasting his canons on the road?

I can't beleive it i've already made a baricade, bumblebee in Forza 2 and given an Aston Optimus' new paint job.

Comment

Saw this again today, took my good lady to see it...

I enjoyed it even more the second time, spotted more detail instead of sitting there muttering *transformers, brought to life, cool....."

She really enjoyed it, has become very critical of bad CGI recently and really rated the quality of work (ex media studies students are sooo fussy lol).

Oh, and on the same subject, when I mentioned earlier that devastator looked poorer cgi in one scene, I still think he does *but* it's when viewed through the soldier's binoculars, so I think they have added an effect to simulate the different field of view etc.

Roll on the sequel, or several!!

Comment

who is the fifth autobot in the film - the one who dies at the end?

As far as i remember there's Prime, Rachet, Bumblebee, Ironhide, ?????

Comment

and Jazz

Comment

cheers : )

i wonder of hotrod or ultra magnus will make it into the sequels?

Comment

Originally posted by c00ke5ter View Post
              She really enjoyed it, has become very critical of bad CGI recently and really rated the quality of work (ex media studies students are sooo fussy lol).
              It ain't hard to do realistic looking metal things, organic things are much much more difficult to pull off , which is why the worst bit of CGi in the film was of a human.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                It ain't hard to do realistic looking metal things, organic things are much much more difficult to pull off , which is why the worst bit of CGi in the film was of a human.
                Best bit of 'human' cgi for me is the Hulk - looked superb all the way through.

Comment

Yeah he was very well done, the best bit of organic CGI in a film of recent for me was Davy Jones face/beard in pirates 2, I was amazed by that. Freaking incredible.

Comment

Woooah! That was a fun ride.
                    I know barely anything about Transformers but enjoyed it quite a lot. It was quite fun to switch off the brain for a bit.

Sure, it sagged a bit, especially with the analysts (could've all been cut to be honest), but the CGI was ker-azy. I wish the action shots had been wider, and

the Optimus Prime/Megatron fight was properly done.

Also,

Ironside did a rocket jump!! How ****ing cool is that?

Am I the only one who prefers the vintage Bumblebee? That old Camaro was sex on wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      Shiny, showroom fresh metal stuff yes, but the scrapes that appeared over the course of the film were perfect, as was the motion.

We've come a long way from the jerky stop motion of terminator....

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                        cheers : )

i wonder of hotrod or ultra magnus will make it into the sequels?
                        Yeah, about halfway through I realised, "what, no hotrod?" as he was my favourite.

Guess the sports car went to bumblebee (too bad they couldn't use a beetle). I did like what they did with the beetle when they bought bumblebee though.

Comment

This film ****ing rocked, HARD!

If I wanted to be a **** I could nitpick little details all day but its was just such an enjoyable ride down memory lane, when all the autobots got together for the first time I came very close to shedding a tear.

Most of the time I at like a 14 yr old but this film reduced me to a 5 yr old, words just cannot describe the feelings I went through, they did practically everything right! Roll on the quick cash in sequel if its anything like this movie, CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

Comment

BEST! ACTION! MOVIE! EVA! I flipping loved this no brainer from the get-go - absolute quality. Spielberg was a genius in getting Michael 'I'm the king of ludicrous amounts of MASSIVE explosions' Bay to direct. And Hurrah for the lovely Megan Fox

The best quote of the film for me:

Prime (to Megatron): Now it's just you and me.
                            Megatron: No, it's just me!

Class

The only part I did have a small problem with was:

The main kiddy, whose name eludes me for the moment, comes down in the morning, gets out the milk and notices that Bumblebee is racing off on his own again. He then inexplicably follows him on a pink girls bike (despite appearing to have no siblings). He falls off the bike in front of Michelle, she follows him on her scooter and he then grabs her off of it when she reaches him under the flyover. At which point it now appears to be night time (i.e. it's proper dark)! Strange, seeing as the scene started in the morning and couldn't have realistically lasted more than an hour - tops (if it were in real-time)

But aside from that, I loved it all - can't wait to see it again very soon

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                              Yeah, about halfway through I realised, "what, no hotrod?" as he was my favourite.
                              If he does appear, he probably won't be called Hot Rod. I don't think Hasbro hold the name rights anymore, which is why recently he's been called Rodimus - even though the toy(s) is classic Hot Rod.

Comment

The bike is explained, he says "rode across town on my mums bike" or suchlike.

Re time of day, good spot!!

Comment

Working...
                                X