No announcement yet.

Snakes On A Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have just seen some of SLJ quotes on this from SOAP WiKi, and he has shot up in my favourite actors list solely for these beauties..

MTV Awards: MTV Movie Awards, "I'm here tonight to present the award everyone's been waiting for: best movie. Now, this award holds a special place in my heart because next year I'll be winning it for Snakes on a Plane. Now I know, I know that sounds cocky, but I don't give a damn. I am guaranteeing that Snakes on a Plane will win best movie next year. Does not matter what else is coming out. The New James Bond... no snakes in that! Ocean's 13... where my snakes at? Shrek the Third... green, but not a snake. No movie shall triumph over Snakes on a Plane. Unless I happen to feel like making a movie called Mo' Motha-****in' Snakes on Mo' Motha-****in' "

The casting of popular actor Samuel L. Jackson further increased anticipation. At one point, the film's working title was altered to Pacific Air Flight 121. In August 2005, a perturbed Samuel L. Jackson told an interviewer, "We're totally changing that back. That's the only reason I took the job: I read the title."[5] In another interview in early 2006, Jackson claimed that once he learned about the movie title being changed he said: "What are you doing here? It's not Gone with the Wind. It's not On the Waterfront. It's Snakes on a Plane!"[6] On March 2, 2006, the studio reverted the title to Snakes on a Plane.

Comment

Originally posted by dcmk
      I'm here tonight to present the award everyone's been waiting for: best movie. Now, this award holds a special place in my heart because next year I'll be winning it for [i]Snakes on a Plane
      That reminds me of the neverending fun that can be had with this website.

Comment

There's a review of this here which has managed to tempt me into seeing it. Quite suprising really considering I'd percieved it as being absolute tripe with a title like that!
        Last edited by Backdrifter; 18-08-2006, 17:20.

Comment

It was on the 6pm BBC news - apparently it is exactly what you expect: highly entertaining, extremely cheesey...not disappointing

Comment

Heard it reviewed on Radio 1 earlier on, and the general theme of the review was that Snakes on a Plane is AWFUL. I still want to go and see it though!

Comment

I saw it today. A really good B Movie with some real good lines. Its much more a comedy than anything scary, but if you have a fear of snakes I can see that it would be!

I guess if you don't know the film's background and you weren't a complete geek then you would think it was really bad!

Comment

I spent the whole movie waiting for THAT line. And when Mr. Jackson said it I was shouting and waving my arms:

I've had it with these mother****ing snakes on this mother****ing plane!

It's such a good line that it even gets repeated when the credits start. Pure class.

As for the film, it was the Ronseal of films - it had snakes, and it had a plane. What more could you ask for? It had the right balance of cheesy B-movieness, gore and snake bites. Basically, it was box-tickingly good.

OK it was lame, right, but not Uwe Boll lame. It was some dumb fun.

I've realised now that Samuel L Jackson just needs to play himself and that'll be all we need, really.

Comment

Pleasantly enjoyable seems the best way to sum up Snakes on a Plane. It's better than it has any right to be, but still sufficiently stupid to definitely qualify as an all-grown-up B-movie.

I did feel that it went on a little bit though, and surprisingly little action happened. Still, a very interesting movie and an even more interesting phenomenon surrounding it. Surely it can't have cost tons to make, but it's obviously going to rake in truckloads of cash at the box office.

Comment

Saw this last night - it was hilarious. The audience was hooting with laughter all the way through, with the occasional outbreak of spontaneous applause!

I was expecting it to be (at best) a likeable turkey. But as others have said, it's actually way better than it has any right to be

first-class entertainment 9/10

Comment

saw this today, and loved it.
                      the audience was really into it too, which i think helped. lots of clapping and chearing, which would normally piss me off loads.

some great deaths and equaly great lines.... although 'that' line seemed forced in (which it was i guess) it was still a top moment that everybody loved.

Comment

Caught this yesterday, and enjoyed it for what it was. Though my Thai missus was not that impressed when the co-pilot said "...this plane'll go down faster than a Thai hooker!!!".

It also didn't help that I laughed very loud in a 99% thai audience. Never a dull moment in LOS.

Comment

Man I loved this! Just back from it now. So good!

Wasnt expecting a big movie with expansive plot, characters etc. Just snakes, planes and Samuel L. Jackson, and thats what I got.

And 'that' line was just brilliant, I cheered when he eventually delivered it.

Some of the deaths were just sick, had me squirming as usual as I'm such a little girl.

Comment

Saw it last night and it was one of the most enjoyable cinema experiences I've had for ages. Everybody in the audience was very vocal

Comment

Oh man! We've been bussin crazy Sam Jackson quotes that are mingled with our designated work.

"I want that mutha****in spreadsheet completed by the end of the day, OR YOU WILL KNOW MY NAME IS THE LORD"

Or

"Yeah, I killed those snakes! AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!

Comment

Break out the silverware!

SPORKS????

Sam kicked sooooo much arse in this movie!

Comment

Working...
                                X