No announcement yet.

Heroes, Another US TV show cracker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I waited to watch this so I didn't have to watch the crummy 4:3 version on Sci-Fi.
    BBC HD broadcast looks way better.

First impressions are mixed. It's got that coincidence thing going on that ruined Lost. Nicely shot though and enough unsolved questions in the first 2 episodes to keep me watching.

One thing is bugging me though. Am I right in thinking that Hiro §cannot actually move in space/time, but is really just moving along his own personal timeline?§

Comment

Decided I'd watch it on 2 and in a few weeks if it's good buy the boxset from the US and blast through the rest like I did with Lost. First impressions are well made but a bit slow and unengaging. However, I'm seasoned enough to know not to judge a series till it's at least 2/3's in.

Comment

I never watched the first episode and joined in half way through episode 2. Having seen them now and I realise I probably wouldnt have liked it, but it gets very rewarding very soon!

Comment

This show takes ages to get going but when it does, it's the best show around in my opinion. It really does take a good 4/5 episodes though...stick with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            One thing is bugging me though. Am I right in thinking that Hiro ?cannot actually move in space/time, but is really just moving along his own personal timeline??
            No, nothing that complicated.

Comment

I've always told everyone to give it at least 4 eps - It just gets better and better

until the last one

(don't read that if you haven't seen it all)

Comment

Now I remember why I don't watch these shows on TV. I need to see the other episodes...NOW

Box Set Get...

Comment

I just watched the entire series after catching the first 2 eps last week.

Bloody brilliant. Don't really understand why people don't like the ending - I thought it was pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    I just watched the entire series after catching the first 2 eps last week.

Bloody brilliant. Don't really understand why people don't like the ending - I thought it was pretty sweet.
                    Same here. Fan-fookin-tastic is all I can say!

Best thing about the whole series, was seeing two of Ali Larter in the same shot. If only dreams came true...

Comment

Just watched the entire HDDVD boxset, then, and thought it was excellent - apart from the huge gaping plot holes.

I don't get why Claire was alive in the future episode. Future Hiro specifically states that because Peter hadn't saved the cheerleader, Sylar regenerated after being stabbed, allowing the bomb to go off. Then it turns out that the cheerleader was saved - how could Sylar have survived? He obviously hadn't got the power elsewhere because of the "I've waited for this for so long" scene where he killed Claire.

What happened to the random internet woman?

Why didn't Claire just shoot Peter at the end? Peter was clearly going to survive anyway and just be calmed down, so why would Nathan kill himself? (assuming that's what happened.) Obviously Peter will have survived the explosion, or being shot, so Nathans death seems a bit of a waste, considering the easier alternative.

I think it should have ended with New York blowing up and the Heroes save the day by getting the city evacuated. For a show so based in fate and destiny, it seems silly that all of a sudden, no, Isaac can't paint the future. Surely they can't feel safe - Isaac has a 100% success rate so doesn't this just mean there's another bomb, yet to go off, in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth C View Post
                        Now I remember why I don't watch these shows on TV. I need to see the other episodes...NOW

Box Set Get...
                        It's been available in a big box on HD DVD in the US for a little while now.

Comment

What happened to the random internet woman? - If you mean 'Wireless' then you'll need to read the graphic novels that are up NBC's website, they explain a lot. But if you can't be bothered i'll put it in spoiler tags below

She dies destroying the satelite which is being used to track the "Heroes", she ends up boarding a space shuttle, by changing records with her ability, thats going to perform maintenance on the satellite. She tries to access it with her ability but it ends up infecting her with a virus, so she pushes the satellite out of orbit while she is still on it and burns up in the atmosphere...but is she dead...yes and no. She's sort of alive in the net or something heh.

I don't get why Claire was alive in the future - Ok this was explained by one of the writers but im afraid I can't remember it word for word so i'll just summarise ...magic...hehe jk, it has something to do with Time and different timelines...it got kinda confusing. I believe it was answered in one of the "Behind the Eclipse" segments.

Come oooon September 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                            Just watched the entire HDDVD boxset, then, and thought it was excellent - apart from the huge gaping plot holes.

I don't get why Claire was alive in the future episode. Future Hiro specifically states that because Peter hadn't saved the cheerleader, Sylar regenerated after being stabbed, allowing the bomb to go off. Then it turns out that the cheerleader was saved - how could Sylar have survived? He obviously hadn't got the power elsewhere because of the "I've waited for this for so long" scene where he killed Claire.

What happened to the random internet woman?

Why didn't Claire just shoot Peter at the end? Peter was clearly going to survive anyway and just be calmed down, so why would Nathan kill himself? (assuming that's what happened.) Obviously Peter will have survived the explosion, or being shot, so Nathans death seems a bit of a waste, considering the easier alternative.

I think it should have ended with New York blowing up and the Heroes save the day by getting the city evacuated. For a show so based in fate and destiny, it seems silly that all of a sudden, no, Isaac can't paint the future. Surely they can't feel safe - Isaac has a 100% success rate so doesn't this just mean there's another bomb, yet to go off, in the future?
                            Yeah I pretty much agree

The fate of everyone just seemed to dramaticaly change in the last episode so much, the only reason I can think of for this would be a couple of the things Hiro had done differently in the present (Telling Nathan he was gonna turn into a bad man for example), it may have altered the future slightly, but yeah seemed a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post

I'm sure I read somewhere that

both Pete and Nathan's characters are in Season 2, or at least both actors are returning for the next season

Comment

Hmm, yeah, it did seem likely that he'd survived somehow. I still don't get why they didn't just let Claire shoot Pete though, for a much less risky, same result thing. But hey, that's why I don't write dramas for TV!

Comment

Working...
                                X