No announcement yet.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, probably won't be "available" until the monday though.

As for the criticism of the "wooden" secondary characters, I think it works well like that ... the whole basis of the show is that Larry is "kicking against the pricks", the sacred and unquestionably accepted ethics of society, and for the most part, despite being lambasted at every turn, he's right! His wife often seems to wish he would shut-up and "be normal", and if she were a particularly colourful character herself, it wouldn't work. The other characters kinda HAVE to be downplayed as a bit mundane so that Larry's various neuroses and ideologies are highlighted and inevitably made funnier.

Comment

Brilliance, pure brilliance!

Gervais thinks he does uncomfortable comedy quite well, yet Larry David showing again how it's done (

"Wait a minute, your surname is Black? That's like my surname being Larry Jew.

)and why the sixth season is shaping up to be a corker.

Brilliant opening salvo, which managed more laughs than most so-called comedy's entire season.

Larry attempting to "make amends" for not attending Marty's party by going on the "wrong night".

Larry and Cheryl unknowingly going into the Erotic Bakery, only for Jeff to show up at the party with the Penis Cake.

Brilliant stuff all-round.

Last edited by Bleeders; 10-09-2007, 08:55.

Comment

I didnt even realise this had started but i woke up this mourning and a lovely program i have on the mac had downloaded it for me automatically which was a nice surprise.

Comment

A great start to the new series.

Comment

That was brilliant.

Great way to get this series underway, that was just a classic Curb episode.

Comment

was that vivica fox?

Comment

I like Jeff (his agent), nothing wrong with his acting in the slightest. Cheryl could be better but really, it's all great.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                  was that vivica fox?
                  Yup, it was.

Comment

From the trailer I posted a while back, it seems that the 'Black' family may be with us for the whole series as the story arc.

The turning-up the night after bit was classic. You knew what was going to happen as soon as the doorbell rang, but it didn't make it any less funny when it actually did

Comment

watching ep2. fave lines so far:

Jeff: Ted Danson?
                      Larry: Yeah! Her girlfriend Ted!
                      and then Suzy's swearfests made a welcome return

and later:

Suzy: you came over yesterday, you wanked in the bathroom and you choked it on Sammy's teddy bear in some kinda... revenge... mastabatory payback!

Last edited by randombs; 17-09-2007, 21:43.

Comment

Good stuff, not as funny as the opener, but as usual it all linked up well in the end.

'I'm anonymous! Larry David is anonymous!!!'

Comment

when the guy threatens to take his name off the ward and put anonymous
                          "you WOULDN'T!"
                          "you bet i would!"
                          "ok go ahead, do it! and why don't you put 'anonymous' instead?"
                          i was crying by that point

Last edited by randombs; 18-09-2007, 19:10.

Comment

Brilliant again, not quite as many laughs as the first episode but still great.

I loved how Jeff was so nonchanlant about the fact he had wanked off in Larry's guest room despite Larry and Danson thinking it was terrible

Comment

Easily the funniest thing on TV for me.

Episodes 3 and 4 were again, superb - Leon is brilliant!

"You gotta get up in that asshole and close the door behind you!"

Comment

lol. It has been a superb season so far and you are right Leon is fantastic.

Man the bit with the cancer patient at the end of that episode was so funny in an omg that shouldnt be funny way.

Comment

Working...
                                X