Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
    For anyone who hasn't seen season 6 via "other means", it's starting on More4 tonight at 10:35.
    Awesome, I was just about to buy it on R1 ... you've saved me some money there

Comment

Glad to be of service I will be Sky plussing it myself so that I don't have to but the DVD box set... then in about two or three weeks I'll buy the DVD box set anyway because I'll end up wanting a proper box and DVDs with artwork on

Comment

I usually forget to watch things on TV and end up buying the DVDs anyway!

I very rarely switch my TV on if it's not for discs, games or rugby lol. Is More4 available via freeview as I'd probably record it if it was?

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
          Is More4 available via freeview as I'd probably record it if it was?
          Yes mate, it would appear to be

Comment

just saw the advert today. crikey, it's so weird seeing curb when it's a super blurry xvid

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
              Cheers, couldn't really check earlier as I was supposed to be working! You can tell how often I watch TV as I had to add some new channels when I switched my PVR on.

I think the last time it was switched on was the rugby world cup! I've set it up to record all of them now though.

Comment

ooh it's on in ten minutes. i should really go to sleep so i can be up bright and early for work tomorrow but i think i'll just have a little peek...

Comment

I bought the season6 boxset the other day. Well.. I watched three episodes yesterday - and I'm really depressed about how lame it is.

I loved the previous seasons; each episode is memorable and interesting.

Larry has lost the plot with season6. The humour is very forced - and certainly different. The bit where he runs down the staircase with a white sheet over him - chasing the kids, and the black woman thinks he's KKK, was really poorly done and a great example of how forced the comedy is now.

There has been a change in the direction. The angles are different. It doesn't seem so good in that department either.

Even the acting is worse. Everyone seems self-conscious and bored. Cheryl looks weary, and everyone else seems strained to respond. Larry even looked bored and like he was just going through the motions.

The new characters[The Blacks] ... aren't a funny joke ( that seems very lame ) ... and the actors are weak and infuriating - like they are from a dodgy Eddy Murphy film.

The whole vibe of the show has gone downhill. It had a subtle, down-to-earth charm, that resulted in believable comedy moments. Now.. it feels cheap and like it's made by amateurs.

I'm amazed, because I would never have imagined that Larry could let Curb go from great to poor. I wonder what happened? ... New producers? ... Larry has run out of steam? ... I can only wonder? ... It's sad. I will probably sell season6.
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-02-2009, 12:14.

Comment

You have to be kidding. I thought season 6 was hilarious throughout. The characters in Curb have always been larger than life and the Blacks are no exception.

My favourite episode is the episode with Steve Coogan where he plays a therapist. Larry eventually succeeds in turning him into a criminal and getting put behind bars. Brilliant stuff. I don't think there was a dude episode!!?

GET IN THAT ASS LARRY!

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
                      You have to be kidding. I thought season 6 was hilarious throughout. The characters in Curb have always been larger than life and the Blacks are no exception.

My favourite episode is the episode with Steve Coogan where he plays a therapist. Larry eventually succeeds in turning him into a criminal and getting put behind bars. Brilliant stuff. I don't think there was a dude episode!!?

GET IN THAT ASS LARRY!
                      I've only watched the first three episodes - so there is hope that things will improve.

I have to disagree about the characters always being larger than life. I don't think so really. Krazee Eyez Killa was the most over-the-top character. Apart from him, the majority of the characters have still been believable.

I've watched all of the first five seasons at least three times. I know the show - and how it worked. Season6 is definitely different. The producers have gone for simple jokes - that are cheap. I don't like the new style.

The Blacks are like they've walked off an Eddie Murphy film set. They really are infuriating and far too simple; like cartoon characters.

In fact, I think Larry has lowered the show to a few cartoony moments. The way that guy wrestles him back on to the sofa in an early episode etc.. It's stepped beyond reasonably believable, to farcical.

Trust me, I love the previous seasons with a passion. I was hoping for more of the same, or maybe even better, but.. for me.. the first three episodes are lower than poor. I will attempt to watch the rest of the season.

Comment

Stick with it, I do think you'll like it more as the episodes progress.

No one is more OTT than Krazee Eyez!! lol

Comment

But Leon (that's the character's name I think-been a while) is great! Season 6 is well worth sticking with, especially for Steve Coogan's appearance towards the end.

I really enjoyed season 6, as other people have said, give it a chance.

I'm looking forwards to season 7 and hope Leon is still in it, hope I got his name right.

Comment

Leon is the best thing to happen to Curb. He's basically a black Larry and doesn't give a **** what people think. That one where Larry gets him to mug people for their baseball shirts was priceless! lol

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase View Post
                              Leon is the best thing to happen to Curb. He's basically a black Larry and doesn't give a **** what people think. That one where Larry gets him to mug people for their baseball shirts was priceless! lol

I loved how Leon is willing to do almost anything for Larry, but I think the baseball shirts episode was more about Leon doing it of his own accord, I don't think Larry really had to talk him into it.

If it was up to me they would make a whole series with Larry and Leon as roomies getting up to crazy adventures.

And yeah, get in that ass!! Drop some snickers wrappers, spray paint your name in that ass!

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                                I loved how Leon is willing to do almost anything for Larry, but I think the baseball shirts episode was more about Leon doing it of his own accord, I don't think Larry really had to talk him into it.

If it was up to me they would make a whole series with Larry and Leon as roomies getting up to crazy adventures.

And yeah, get in that ass!! Drop some snickers wrappers, spray paint your name in that ass!
                                Yeah Leon doesn't need much encouragement does he? I do like his style.

The funniest bit for me was the last 30 seconds of the very last episode of this season. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it had me in stitches!

YOU GOT TO BECOME ANOTHER MUTHAF**KA!

Comment

Working...
                                X