No announcement yet.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Leon Ahoy! in that season 6 does seem closer to a traditional sit-com than the more subtle, fly on the wall/slice of life set up of the earlier seasons. But in some ways maybe it had to evolve a little to continue moving forward, and as has already been said, there are still some great moments.

Comment

I'm happy again. The first three episodes were poor - and annoyed me, but... after that.. the show was back on familiar ground.

I didn't expect Larry to ever produce bad episodes - because every episode I'd seen before was great. Oh well, it was just a blip. The show is still great - and I'm loving it.

The bit where the barber furiously slaps Larry with a towel - was hilarious. He deserved that.

Roll on season7.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 18-02-2009, 12:45.

Comment

Only just got around to watching 6... infact I missed out 5 so I can catch up with this ready for the arrival of 7 next month! Can't wait!

Comment

Season 6 is the one with the Blacks, right? When's the next one due?

Comment

6 is the one with The Blacks, but I think they're in 7 too by the look of the trailers.

20th of September for 7.

Comment

I really can't wait. I miss Larry.

Good to hear about the Blacks returning. Season 6 was awesome.

Comment

The main plot device for this season is Larry doing A Seinfeld Reunion Show. Man, i can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                  The main plot device for this season is Larry doing A Seinfeld Reunion Show. Man, i can't wait!
                  I hope that's true. It would be fantastic.

Comment

Can't wait for this, hope Leon and Larry get up to some mischief. Highlight of the last season was Steve Coogan's appearance and some Leon moments for me.

Does anyone know what happened to the new Curb-like show Seinfeld was supposed to be working on? Read about it last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                      Can't wait ... I wonder if he'll touch on the Michael Richards incident?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Can't wait ... I wonder if he'll touch on the Michael Richards incident?
                        Word has it that they are going to

Comment

Oh cripes, I hope this Seinfeldy stuff doesn't start straight away. I've only just started watching Seinfeld and am mid-way through series 3!

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post

Does anyone know what happened to the new Curb-like show Seinfeld was supposed to be working on? Read about it last year.
                            That would be a dream come true. I looked on IMDB and it doesn't mention any new project. I can only hope it does happen, because Curb has shown that you can still make great, popular television comedy when you are in your 50s.

It's surprising that producers never did anything with Jason Alexander. His George character was immensely popular - so they could have made a George sitcom.

Also, Seinfeld shouldn't have ended, as it had at least another 5-years left in it. I think by season 9, it was still going strong, but Jerry was tired of being in charge. They should have taken a break - and come back refreshed. Ending it was a negative choice. All the actors involved haven't done anything significant since. Such a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                              All the actors involved haven't done anything significant since.
                              Shallow Hal, Bee Movie?!? Oh, no, wait, yeah, you're right. Mind you, I would call Seinfeld's collection of cars pretty significant.

I do miss "Seinfeld" though. All of the characters were pretty much ace. Plus all the side characters like Newman, the Soup Nazi etc... lest not forget George's Dad! Happy Festivus!

Comment

Although I loved Seinfeld tell it finished, I find it really hard to go back to it now. I seem to prefer Curb for some reason.

I thought the last couple of seasons of Seinfeld without Larry in writing duties were quite a bit weaker, although again, I loved them at the time.

I read in a film magazine just over a year ago that Jerry was working on a tv series similar to Curb but haven't heard anything about it since.

edit-think Julia Louis Dreyfuss is the only one that's had much success since.

Comment

Working...
                                X