No announcement yet.

Torchwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the weavil bit in the first episode, but after that dude sprayed himself with that love potion stuff for a 2nd time and that man joined in . . . . I just switched the channel and waited for MOTD2 to start

Comment

At the moment I could take it or leave it.

I watched the first episode and though it was OK, but it wasn't enough to persuade me stay on the sofa and watch the second (which I'll catch on BBC2 Wednesday).

It was OK, but seemed to suffer from some dodgy Welsh acting in parts from the bit charatcers. Some of them were clearly rejects from Pobol Y Cwm.

Plus the fact that it's set in Cardiff kind of takes the edge off for me. Unless they have Torchwood trying to fend of a weekend attack of the drunken valley commando's at some point, it just won't feel right

That said, there seemed to be a lot of potential in it (plus it's UK Sci-fi which is always a welcomed addition to the TV screen), so I'm hoping that it'll turn into something to set the series link for.

Comment

I enjoyed the first episode. Better than I was expecting, even in spite of the special effects cheapness and completely bizarre, let's-stand-this-bloke-on-a-building-here-for-no-reason-other-than-standing-a-bloke-on-a-building-here editing.

I preferred it to the new Doctor Who.

Comment

How many overhead shots of Cardiff is it possible to fit into a 45 min programme? Very annoying.

Didn't really get this tbh. Felt like a cross between Buffy, Angel and a bit of X-Files but not done half as well as any of them. The only truely interesting stuff was when Captain Jack was talking about his experience with the Doctor.

The desperation of trying to be adult was very cringeworthy. Gay Snogs, Out of Place Swearing and other desperate antics...rubbish.

Btw the hand in the vat, is that the Doctors? Didn't his hand get chopped off in the christmas special?

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Btw the hand in the vat, is that the Doctors? Didn't his hand get chopped off in the christmas special?
              Yeah they confirmed this in the Radio Times feature last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain
                The desperation of trying to be adult was very cringeworthy. Gay Snogs, Out of Place Swearing and other desperate antics...rubbish.
                Queer as Torchwood

Comment

It's repeated (both episodes) on BBC3 from 10.30 tonight if anyone's interested.

Comment

i kinda half watched this, is it supposed to be terrible in every way imaginable? am i missing the joke here???

Comment

it was fecking atrocious.

It looked like a CBBC sci-fi with the added bonus[?] of welsh accents and a **** plot.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                        it was fecking atrocious.
                        thank **** for that! i thought everyone had actually gone insane and not seen this for the ****e that it is.

Comment

Hey I thought it was **** too, just used less colourful language

Comment

The Torchwood crew seem to get away with it so why Can't we?

"You look like a bit of a cock" to quote one of the many hilarious lines.

Orgasmic energy. WHAT THE ****

Comment

I thougth the first part was ok, the second was pretty poor though.

Better than Robin Hood, much worse than the real Doctor Who.

Comment

I enjoyed the first one but it might have helped that I work right near the enterance to Torchwood and the pub with the punch-up in it at the start is technically my local.

Comment

Working...
                                X