No announcement yet.

Torchwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed half the second series but am loving the mini series so far (day two)

Comment

In the last episode it all goes to hell then in the last 5mins dr who shows up and fixes everything

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
        In the last episode it all goes to hell then in the last 5mins dr who shows up and fixes everything
        By reconfiguring his Sonic Screwdriver then waving it around a bit...

Comment

Ha ha ha, more than likely. Anyway, enjoyed these so far after not having liked Torchwood before. Lois is a certainty for the next series I reckon, she's teh hot.

Comment

Theres a hell of a lot of wishy washy vocal laaaa laaaa scenes where we're supposed to feel like ****s for being fickle humans in this episode

gah and they beat it with sound, booooo
            Just like dr who once said "for once id like to meet an alien menace, that wasnt immune to bullets"
            Last edited by Largo; 10-07-2009, 20:44.

Comment

**** me that was grim.

Comment

This was the first time I'd actually watched Torchwood (other than catching half an episode on Watch or something) and I thought it was alright.

For 5 hours of sci-fi on a budget I was never bored, it always had me wondering where it was going, every episode had its own subtext with various jibes at humanity, culminating in a Cardiff version of Schindlers List.

I also liked the fact there wasn't a full team of annoying characters like the series, just Jack, the interesting quiet one whos name I can't type, and Eve Myles who I am completely in love with.

On the downside, as predicted it had that bloody annoying Russel T Watface trademark ending where the hero saves the day in the last 10 minutes with bollocks science. At least Jack sacrificing his grandson gave it some gravitas. I like how the whole Torchwood experience has left him a bit ****ed up, like the doctor.

So whats happening with Torchwood now?

Comment

That series was excellent. I really liked it in the miniseries format, and although the ending did go a bit Russell Ex Machina, at least there were some real stakes. Even when the Doctor was supposed to be facing impossible decisions in Who, there was rarely any real loss to any of the central characters. Got a bit heavy handed in the final episode, but not enough to do too much damage.

I half-expected

the Doctor to turn up and pick Jack up

at the end, but hopefully

they'll run into each other before too long

It's out on Blu-ray on Monday, so I put an order in. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Comment

I had the misfortune of being in middle of Bournemouth's gay pride festival this evening, and loads of people were going on about how stunning this was. If I find Dr Who awful, tacky and crap as well as seeing the first few episodes of Tourchwood and being put off by the huge gay agenda/childish adult scenes, is there any chance I could enjoy this mini series?

Comment

There's about two gay kisses (both short) and a shot of Barrowman's arse, but apart from that, all very adult
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Haribokart View Post
                        If I find Dr Who awful, tacky and crap as well as seeing the first few episodes of Tourchwood and being put off by the huge gay agenda/childish adult scenes, is there any chance I could enjoy this mini series?
                        I think\thought the exact same thing bit quite enjoyed this Torchwood thing

Comment

Originally posted by Haribokart View Post
                          I had the misfortune of being in middle of Bournemouth's gay pride festival this evening, and loads of people were going on about how stunning this was. If I find Dr Who awful, tacky and crap as well as seeing the first few episodes of Tourchwood and being put off by the huge gay agenda/childish adult scenes, is there any chance I could enjoy this mini series?
                          There's a gay relationship theme going on throughout most of the mini series, so you probably won't enjoy it.

Comment

I'm not a Dr Who or Torchwood fan, and I only caught a couple of episodes of the mini series (Wed & Fri). But what I saw was quite good, especially the Friday episode, that was quite bleak! The wifey was waiting for his (Torchwood's) grandson to come back to life, no such luck!!

I was expecting everything to turn out rosey in order to keep everybody happy, at least the writer/s had the conviction to do the opposite.

What now for the next Torchwood series, fluffy/humourous storylines, or downright miserable?!

Comment

Originally posted by Square View Post
                              There's a gay relationship theme going on throughout most of the mini series, so you probably won't enjoy it.
                              I don't mind gay relationships it was just the way the first series went on about it in every scene, making a huge thing about it when really in my mind it should have been treated the same as a straight relationship (see Willow/Tara in Buffy). Don't want anyone thinking I'm some massive homophobe!

Comment

I know what you mean the first series tried to hard to be grown up. Too much swearing, too much sex. Like an adolesence told they can do what they like by their guardians and overcompensating. However the second season was better, and this 5 parter I thought was mainly superb. There were some bits that didnt't quite work. But over all I loved it. My only reservation now is that this is the way Torchwood goes. One 5 parter every year, when really I want a proper series of 13 shows again. With an underlying story arc. Oh and can I say I was pleased Ianto died. The most boring character ever!

Comment

Working...
                                X