Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never seen it. Any good?

Comment

It's Intentionally silly the same kinda way that Crank, but at the same time crosses a boundary and becomes ****e.

A bit like the early Torchwoods really!

Quite a nice looking film though

Watched the 2nd episode, twas only marginally better

Comment

This series is utter crap.

Comment

I'm enjoying it, I just wish it wasn't so severely stripped of sci-fi elements. It makes the references to past episodes and events quite depressing as they're more interesting than all the time spent sitting in a run down apartment

Comment

Yeah, still mince. Looks like it's going to be really drawn out. Two of the characters in particular annoy the hell out of me and what is that nausea inducing motion effect?
            Still, the bird from Dollhouse with her head twisted round was the funniest thing on TV in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
              Yeah, still mince. Looks like it's going to be really drawn out.
              Why is it so long, especially when virtually nothing happened in ep 2? I hope the whole ten eps isn't all about 'miracle day'. Little story arcs of 2-3 eps in a series can be good like series 3 (or was it 4?) of Enterprise but only if something actually happens in each episode.

Comment

BBC Worldwide Productions and Starz have announced a new partnership to develop television series for the American cable channel to distribute in the United ... (from Doctor Who News)

The series has maintained decent figures throughout all territories though a Series 5 looks in doubt. Starz has essentially said that any further series would depend on whether Davies was involved however Davies has said he's looking to quit the show and leave a team of writers in place which would create a block on the show. The BBC has always shown amazingly shoddy support so couldn't be counted on to commission it themselves meaning there's a fair chance Miracle Day will be the shows last.

Comment

I can't blame Starz for waiting on Davies, if he wants to do another series then bail asap!

I think this is the single worst drama I've seen in the past decade, it's absolutely dreadful yet I can't help but be drawn into the utter stupidity of it all. Gwen going into all the trouble of getting fake IDs, fake job etc to break into a big bad base to rescue her dad, trying to sneak out without anyone noticing then starts shouting "THATS MAAAY DAAAAAD! MY DAAAAAAAD" as soon as the old fella, who cannot die remember, complains about heart trouble. Good one!

I'm not even going to spoiler that, the latest episode had plenty more moments to laugh along to.

And as pointed out on RLLMUK, Oswald Danes is an anagram of "And Sod Wales".

Comment

It's a mixed bag I think, given the success of Children of Earth I can see why they've copied it's approach and tried to string it out longer but the storyline they've chosen means most eps lack tension due to knowing everyone is relatively safe and the series end pay off is pretty obvious. I've got the feeling that Eps 9 & 10 might not be that bad and that the 8 before will be a drawn out affair. Torchwood was never very serious in the past which made it easy to have fun and accept the sillier stuff, that doesn't work as well anymore.

Comment

It was still sprinked with nonsense for Episode 5 but there were little moments of old Torchwood in there this week, better.

Comment

Was better, yep.

Enjoying playing "Spot the Filmcrew" in this series. They are popping up everywhere!

Comment

This weeks is SUPER GAY.

Comment

Does Jack get bummed to death? Here's hoping (as long as we don't actually see it).

Comment

Does the bit at the start remind anyone else of this

Comment

With the US being an episode ahead I'm not sure if everyone is on the same one but I watched Ep 6 yesterday and didn't have any real problems with it. Parts touched on earlier Torchwood for feel, it mainly left the feeling that the story needs to crack on now. The trailer for next weeks with

Jack in the past and a glimpse of an alien

looks much better and like Torchwood of old.

Comment

Working...
                                X