No announcement yet.

Dexter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The book came first and the the first season broadly follows the first novel "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" (i.e. the Ice-Truck Killer) but there are some notable differences - Wikipedia has a good overview so check that out if you're interested. The main ones being Angel has a virtually anonymous role in the book and

LaGuerta gets killed at the end and Dexter lets his brother go instead of killing him as in the series. Also, there was no relationship between Dexter's brother and Deb.

The main reason for this was that the book was relatively short, 250-odd pages, whereas the series is much more fleshed out at 12 or so episodes. The book was OK but I think the series is much better. I've heard that the third and latest book takes a terrible turn as it is revealed that

Dexter's murderous cravings are a result of him being controlled by a demon called Moloch!!! How ridiculous!

Ive been tempted to download Series 2 but it starts on FX on Sky in a couple of weeks so I think I can wait it out

Comment

Click the banner for the Season three trailer. Don't watch unless you've seen all of S2

Comment

Awesome, September can't come soon enough with both this and Heroes airing

Comment

Wow wow wow wow wow!

Started watching this back in April with the ex and left the DVD's at hers and never got them back but eventually hoovered up the rest of Season 1 and all of season 2 in the last few days!

Absolutely astounding TV. Really really enjoyed it, up there with Prison Break for me being the only two good shows in circulation now. 24 kinda lost it's footing and has had a massive break and Heroes got really ****. So it's brilliant to get something so fresh and entertaining now.

Roll on September for Season 3.

Comment

Been waiting for this! Looks a bit similar to Season 2, though.

Comment

Shying away from all trailers as i'm absolutely hooked on Dexter. Cannot wait. Love that banner

Comment

Watched first five episodes of season one last week, cracking show I wish I'd started watching when it first aired - remember it started at a time when there was loads of good USA stuff already on. The good old days eh.

Nice to be behind on a show though and watch episode after episode wiithout having to wait a week in between

Comment

I agree. I'v been sky plus'ing' all of dexter season 2 off fx so I can have one big Dexter session.

Comment

damn last night show EP was good
                    damn season so far, yes i know it is only has 2 season but best so far
                    long may it run

Comment

Started watching this for first time last night. I didnt know what the premise was about till now and must admit I thought a series about a serial killer wasnt going to do it for me but hes a "good" serial killer so I bloody love it

Comment

fantastic series...Finished off season 2 the other night... and excellent stuff.. the wife's just started the 2nd novel, and it carrys on from where season 2 finishes.. so roll on sesason 3.. Hopefully...

Comment

I am so happy i got my hands on Dexter: Season 2 boxset i am so happy
                          it looks like it is going to be a night in with dexter am going to finish the season tonight

Comment

Just finished series 1 for first time. Alot of it I sussed early on but the end twist I never got. A definete Keyser Söze moment for me and rare for me to be caught out like that fantastic

Starting on season 2 now.

Comment

Well I finished season 2 quickly on Wednesday night really enjoyed it could watch both again but I cant as Ive got me mum into it. My dads not keen though as he deals with em for real everyday lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                                Well I finished season 2 quickly on Wednesday night really enjoyed it could watch both again but I cant as Ive got me mum into it. My dads not keen though as he deals with em for real everyday lol!

What people who work in forenzic police labs but actually murder people sometimes?

Comment

Working...
                                X