Dexter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dezm0nd View Post
    Really enjoying this season. The tension is higher than ever with so many people on his case. Definitely change of theme for the show too what with the events of S4 happening.

Quality stuff.
    QFT.

One if not the best drama on tele at the moment.

Comment

You alright there mate? Seems you can't read!

Anway, new episode today. Really looking forward to seeing how

Dexter deals with the blonde victim

Wait, i'm showing too much excitement!! QFT!!
      Last edited by Dezm0nd; 25-10-2010, 07:37.

Comment

Literally just started watching this.. Pretty compelling stuff

Comment

I'd avoid this thread if you literally just started. It's a fantastic show and is getting better by the season.

Comment

Personally, I thought season 1 of Dexter was the best season. Seasons 2 and 3 were good, but never reached the heights of the first.

I'm five episodes into season 4 at the moment and I'm getting a bit bored. Does it get better?

Comment

While I enjoyed every season there does seem to be of a formula but that's common for most TV shows. I guess it's all subjective, you might now like it now which is a shame as I am most enjoying it!

Comment

That's cool you're enjoying it.

Programmes have to get into some kind of formula, but I feel like Dexter has taken a step back from the first series in several areas, which is a shame. It felt more edgy before and I felt it had a lot more tension as a result.

Comment

i just finished series 4 and agree its getting a bit samey and dull.

when tension in a program is predicated on a character like Dexter literally continually getting away with murder its a bit like Star Trek in that you know its gonna be the bloke who beams down you've never seen before who will get shot.

thought the big finale was almost like a farce episode of Frasier with characters coming in left/right and centre to complicate and force the story, that said the ending was quite shocking.

what's the theories on Rita, did Trinity have words with her or did she finally suss herself something was up with Dexter ?

Comment

I thought series four was the best personally, Trinity was superb.

Season five is off to a good, but slower paced, start. Building up to an almighty second half though

Comment

Season 4 has got a lot better since we found out

Trinity is a family man and Dexter gets closer to him to find out the secrret to being a serial killer with a family life

There are still negatives though. I've found that Dexter's narration really grates now as this part of the script seems to have taken a nosedive into cliche and platitude. The parts with his Dad seem too formulaic ('The Code, Dexter, THE CODE!') and Rita has become a boring, nagging, bleached housewife rather than the damaged, interesting character from the first series.

John Lithgow lifts the whole thing though.

Comment

Just watched episode 8 of season 5. Every week again I'm amazed at the persistent quality of this show.

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                        There are still negatives though. I've found that Dexter's narration really grates now as this part of the script seems to have taken a nosedive into cliche and platitude. The parts with his Dad seem too formulaic ('The Code, Dexter, THE CODE!') and Rita has become a boring, nagging, bleached housewife rather than the damaged, interesting character from the first series.
                        Season 5 improves on all those points .

Comment

His dad is still annoying in season 5, that man has to be the most annoying dead guy ever.

Apart from that I agree though, Season 5 started off pretty slow but its actualy become pretty awesome and one of the best, I particuarly liked episode 6, it was quite frankly hilarious, in a typicaly twisted kind of way.

Comment

Also isn't Peter Weller just awesome in this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                              Also isn't Peter Weller just awesome in this too.
                              Creepy as hell. Great bit of casting.

Comment

This and The Walking Dead are the best shows this season. Heck i think this is the best season of Dexter thus far, each episode gets better and better.

Comment

Working...
                                X