Dexter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few things from this series that setup the next:

-How Dexter explains the death, if he calls it in then it goes against Trinity's MO.
    Would Dexter murder a few more people to make it look like a Trinity killing?
    If so why would Trinity target her?

-Trinty and Dexter in police station, Batista was noticeably shown as seeing the two together.

-Trinity's family knowing Dexter, although under a different name.

-Deb's partner already suspicious, Deb now having more reason to be.

All these things...I think the season is going to be about others uncovering the real Dexter. Plus with the FBI now in town...

Comment

I don't see why it's not Trinity's MO, that one could be explained by away very easily - plus the extra Vengeance angle, as they'd say he blamed Deb for that girl's suicide.

The meeting in the police station could be overlooked as tying in with the above again, they'd have no reason to suspect Dexter knew him. Still, it could cast interesting doubts. And yes, the family saying, "Hold on, he's Kyle!" would really turn things round. I can't see it though. Dexter has it's own little comfortable two-step going on.

I'd like to think the series will come to an end within the 2 seasons - I believe it's signed up for a sixth.

Comment

Also from the books:

Cody and Aster have 'dark passengers' too because of Paul's abuse. Now, he said of his baby in the last episode, "Born in blood...like me." I'm thinking they are looking FAR ahead in the timeline to when the kid is, say, 10 years old and starts killing animals. Dexter will then have Harry's role. Maybe the series will start "5 Years Later" with all the details of Rita's death etc explained through conversation and flashbacks.

Comment

I have gathered my thoughts a bit now.

Firstly,

Rita's death. Trinity or not? I mean in all the other bathtub murders, Arthur was meticulously clean - there was blood all over the place in this instance. Plus Rita didn't fit the bill of his other bathtub victims. Also interesting how the cycle continued in a skewed manner - the bathtub kill, the suicide (his daughter), the man being killed with a hammer (Trinity himself).

Dexter's emotional response to the Rita will be interesting - will he be genuinely sorrowful or will he merely act it to preserve his mask of normalcy? Will he just flip completely and be a raging lunatic? Who knows. We do know however that it will be very interesting.

Comment

caught up with this. wow what a finale. I didn't see that coming.

in response to whether it was trinity

I think it was Trinity as when he's on the death table, he says something to Dexter like "its too late, its already done, which means he's already killed Rita. Well thats what I reckon.

Comment

Michael Hall news

Comment

Complete remission though, he should be fine.

Comment

Finished season 4 last night and my mind is still reeling from it.

Completely awesome

finale. They could have copped out but they didn't. This season was all about Dexter's tardiness and the consequences of it. Didn't see the finale coming at all, and thinking back to the moment Rita's mobile rang in her bag, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

After the somewhat average season 3 this was a supreme return to form. And it ended on a doozey of a set up for the next season.

Comment

Apparently had his last chemo session last week.

Im just watching the last two episoded of series 4 and its been the best one yet for me, I didnt think 3 could be topped how gripping that got from halfway thru (2 was weakest for me).

I bought the 1-3 on BR from states at xmas and been going thru them very quickly last week or so now IM back into watching telly again (only seen season 1-2 before). Even managed to get my parents hooked on it last week and they have already been watching nearly two seasons in one week.

Heard its on here on FX again late summer for series 4 and finally out on BR 1-3 at same time in!

Comment

Finished and upto date now. All I can say is

Comment

Just watched the season 5 opener, tv doesn't get any better than this. Can't wait to see where the show is going to go now. Welcome back Dexter .

Comment

Oh ya dancer, is this back!?

Comment

Great stuff as always, this is one slick show.

Comment

Love this show. So happy its back!!

Comment

Really enjoying this season. The tension is higher than ever with so many people on his case. Definitely change of theme for the show too what with the events of S4 happening.

Quality stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X