The Wire - US Cop/Gangster Show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
    Still waiting for Season3 to come down to a reasonable price, even on Amazon it's £50. UK release is early Feb I believe...
    5th Feb for the UK release of Season 3, was lucky enough to borrow all 3 boxsets off a friend, but will be picking up my own copies so I can rinse the commentaries and rewatch them in preparation for Season 4. You really need to see Season 3, it picks right back up on the first seasons case with a new twist to how things get done. I could seriously watch this show forever, following the lives of all the characters - if only Eastenders was up to this level >_<

Spags, have you tried The Shield?
    Yeah man, well no not really. I've seen a couple of episode when it was on Channel 5 (I think) but I just can't get past the main guy walking around looking like a giant turd in Fantastic 4. Seriously though, I fully intend to investigate the first season at some point this year, id be amazed if I enjoy it more than I do The Wire though.
    Last edited by spagmasterswift; 04-01-2007, 13:41. Reason: Gushing like a loon!!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
      id be amazed if I enjoy it more than I do The Wire though.
      I'd be amazed if you don't.

Comment

We shall see

CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

Tuesday Feb 13th - The Wire, Season 4 on FX (289).

FX website has spoilers, so steer clear until you've copped all of season 3. I've one more episode to go so this is wicked news!!

CAN.NOT.WAIT!

Comment

Season 4 starts tomorrow night at 10pm!

If you still not sure about this show then peep what this nob has to say about it:

NSFW Rude Words NSFW

Charlie Brooker explains why The Wire is the best TV show of the last 20 years.

The stakes are high for the quality to still be there but I got faith.

Anybody else checking this tomorrow?

Comment

Season Three was good, but for me it's the weakest series. Season Four is the best one after one, imo.

Enjoy - it's only the best television show ever made.

Comment

I got the Season 3 DVD the other day, only watched a few episodes so can't say much for quality...but why is it not in widescreen? Looks really naff with huge black lines down each side.

I still think each season takes too long to get going, and while brilliant for the middle section is usually ended poorly and rushed. Due to this I disagree that it is the best television show ever, The Shield is the better cop drama in my opinion...though I do have space for both shows

Comment

I still think each season takes too long to get going
                Its going to be really hard having a week long break between each episode of Season 4, I love the slow burn but that may be a little too slow...Will have to see if I can handle it or go cold turkey until the DVD is available. I guess I could always watch each episode a couple of times during the week I'm such a fiend of it

Comment

So good to have it back

No Bubs and Omar yet though The intro with Snoop and the Hardware Store salesman set things off right! Some real quality moments.

The reveal of the street with all the houses boarded up and full of bodies

was shocking. Loved it when

McNulty takes the Anti Terrorist folder out of the bin, chucks the contents away and says "Kids are back to school"

Theres always so many levels to it, its Genius!!

Comment

Episode 2 was pure comedy - "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" >_< Laughed my balls off when the

mayor got caught by Carver getting his johnson slobbed

. Cutty cussing out the mexicans and getting macked on by all the women at the gym was class too. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                      "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" >_<
                      Haha, me and a friend just finished season 4, and thats all we ever say too each other now "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit", you'll hear that a good few times more before the season ends

Comment

I love that guy, he sooooo corrupt but comes well funny with it - outraged that he's getting in trouble for taking drug money. Glad to hear he's in it more this season

Comment

Such a good episode last night, its really starting to pick up the pace all the pieces have been moved into place and next week I'm expecting some serious shiiiiiiiit to kick off as

the bodies get discovered in the boarded up houses and my boy Omar gets put into the system with all the gangsters he's been jacking since day one.

McNulty has to get his back!!! The

new Major

is gonna be busy if he wants to sort out Murderland.

Some really nicely handled stuff with Cutty too, my man still got a lot to learn about how to be a good person tho >_<

Comment

Oh ****, I just stayed out on the piss too long and raced down roads and got dodgey cabs so I could make the FX+1 showing and it turns out that its on at midnighht >_< I may well passs oout before then

)Oh hh I'm still awake yay!!!
                            Last edited by spagmasterswift; 17-04-2007, 22:47.

Comment

Ah. ><

Whenever this thread updates I keep expecting news to be posted on Series 5 and when it's going to air.

Comment

Spare a thought for us brothers still catching season 4 yo good one tonight McNulty done changed for real

Comment

Working...
                                X