No announcement yet.

The Wire - US Cop/Gangster Show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty Sanchez, you might wanna look into medical insurance and stuff, as it is different in the US to blighty and our nhs stuff.

Jus thought id mention that, not that i know Baltimore at all, but ive been considering moving to Canada/US for some time now.

Comment

I've only been over the once so couldn't comment on what a long term stay would be like. If you go visit to check it out make sure you pop into Geppi's Museum tho...

112 - the Burger was niiiiiice!

Comment

Cheers.

112, I'll get full medical coverage from work so that side of it is covered. I've got to look at it a bit more on a whole quality of life balance thing, living up here in Scotland is aces so I wouldn't want to wreck my balance on the back of a romantic idea.

Comment

There are three new clips on YouTube worth hunting down if you are a fan of this show - the McNulty intro is absolute class!

Comment

There is a special covering season 5 online.

About what the new series is going to cover and a few rough outline of various stories. No major spoilers but one to avoid.

Season 5 will only be 10 eps long and hasn't been affected by the writers strike so there should be no problems.

First ep is broadcast on the 6th Jan 08 and the last on the 9th March.

Comment

Just finished season four then re-read through this thread...God, I like the whole show so much more now than I did back then. I loved season four, same depth as previous seasons but manages to cover a load more. Fk'ing brilliant.

I can't believe this and the Shield are finishing next year

Comment

Got S1-3 On DVD for Christmas, hammered through S1 on boxing day and today ive been getting stuck into season 2. I absolutely love this show!!

Comment

Just seen S5E1, brilliant as always. The intro was so well written

Comment

Nice to see a Homicide: Life on the Street regular in there too I don't know what I'm going to do when this series ends. Watch 1-5 on some kind of loop forever. Along with Homicide.

Comment

And The Shield.

Comment

So is this worth watching? I'm finding it hard to watch another TV show from the start since the sopranos ended. This one seems to be getting much love though.

Comment

Quite possibly the most breathtaking TV series ever. Character, atmosphere, and the scope of the story, they're all massive. It's not perfect of course, but if some critic called it The Best TV Show Ever I wouldn't argue.

Comment

I tried the first season but couldn't get into it. Far too slow, nothing going on and dialogue trying to be like early Homicide but the writing nor performance hitting the mark. That said, that's just me and I hear nothing but great things from most of the planet about it so I'd say you should definitely give it a go and find out yourself, Boggy.

Comment

Did you watch the whole of the first season? I thought the first few eps were pretty slow but a few episodes in there was one scene in particular that instantly made it one of the finest shows on tv.

After that, it's been perfect tv for four more years.

Comment

When I first started watching it, I thought the first episode was a little on the slow side, but I had just come in from watching The Shield where, you know, Vic caps another copper right at the start. The first time Bunk and McNulty went on the piss, I was hooked.

Comment

Working...
                                X