No announcement yet.

The Wire - US Cop/Gangster Show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen man, I'm just saying, the way this conversation is going, everything will be spoilered. Discussing the latest Mario game -

it's a platformer!

For TV and film, you can't carry on spoilering things in case some sensitive person arrives a couple of years late and decides to read the 20 page. I've read the "offending" post, strikes me you could have stopped reading within the first line or two.

People need to use a modicum of intelligence. Sure, spoilering is important on new releases, and should always be done. However, at the same time, the reader has to use some awareness. The show is long over.

BTW, Vadar is Luke's dad.

Comment

Bored now. Don't know why you stuck your oar in anyway. I made a comment about 112's post, which he has now removed, fair play to him.

Comment

OK sorry for having an opinion

Glad you're bored. You can stop reading the thread and ruining your enjoyment of one of the greatest shows of all time

Comment

I'm a let you finish, but 112 had one of the best spoiler of all time!

Comment

You're more than entitled to your opinion mate.

If anything, maybe you should be apologising for your thinly veiled insults about my intelligence and sensitivity!

I'm sure you'll take this as confirmation that I am in fact over-sensitive, but I can assure you I'm not bothered at all.

Comment

I was simply saying that anyone who read 112's, who didn't want the show spoiled, would have read the first spoiler line than stopped. It "spoils" quite a few character arcs, there would be no need to carry on reading after the first sentence. I fail to see how that is an insult to your intelligence. It's common sense, and yes anyone with some intelligence would STOP at that point.

That is no insult to you, for I do not know how far into the spoiler post you read. I'd of hoped not very far.

There is no veiled insult. If you didn't have the intelligence to stop reading, then you can consider it an insult if you wish. Bloody internet, you can't say anything without people getting upset. See - sensitive

Still, my point remains - does everything have to be spoiler tagged forever, or not? In my opinion, not. That is my entire point. We've had other discussions on spoiler tags on this site before, when people started spoilering mag review scores in case it ruined the mag for anyone! Yes I commented then with the same solution - if you don't want something ruined for you, don't read the bloody thread about it in the first place! It's not rocket science.

Pretty much everyone here uses spoiler tags correctly. Personally, I see nothing wrong with 112 posting about a completed series, a considerable amount of time after it finished, without tags. As someone who often reads the forum on his phone, I can't read the tags anyway without Quoting the original post, which is a pain in the arse.

So when do you think spoilers are no longer needed? It's a worthy discussion. I stand by my original remarks that common sense is needed, and people shouldn't be so upset if a defunct show is ruined for them years after the fact.

Comment

totally agree Chain, I can fully understand the use of spoilers for movies in the cinema and shows on tv or just released, same for current games.

its a bit like arguing about spoilering comments in the footy threads incase anybody has recorded the game to watch later.

Comment

don't think it deserves it own thread yet but David Simon's full series follow up to the Wire premiered over the pond a night or so back. Those who can't wait will know where to find it !

I'm not expecting a new Wire but if he can perform his usual trick of not pandering to the audience but writing for the characters and people who live in these surroundings then this could be another great window into a part of America we rarely get to see.

Can't wait to see it.

Set among musicians in post-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans, David Simon's new TV drama Treme documents a city surviving in the wake of natural and political disasters. Gabe Soria joins the cast behind the scenes

Comment

Didn't know anything about this. Thanks man

Comment

Watched the first ep. Hard to call it as great or anything else yet but its interesting.

Does the usual David Simon trick of chucking you into somewhere strange and making no allowance for you not knowing whats going on or being said much of the time.

Soundtrack and music is stellar, plus some of the scenes do pull the trick he did with Baltimore and have an almost documentary feel.

Will take a while to get going and get into the characters, only thing I wonder on that front is that by using some of the Wire/Corner actors you as a viewer are more aware its a drama whereas in the Wire you often weren't

Comment

Watched the first ep as well, Very promising. We'll see with time if it's up with The Wire.

I was reading a bit of background info on the show and New Orleans earlier. Instead of (ex)treme it's pronounced Treh-May. Good to know.

Comment

Randomly came across this - DO NOT WATCH UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED WATCHING THE SERIES!

From Harry Hanrahan... A selection of the top 100 quotes from The Wire, the greatest TV show ever made. Contains spoilers from all 5 seasons! First featured ...

Comment

Loads of people were bugging me to watch this. I had completely missed it till now.
                            EVERYONE said it's awesome but I just, can't, feel it yet...

Watched up the Season 1's 4th episode.
                            It's good but it feels so samey like cop shows before. Is it a slow burner??

Comment

YES! Its amazing

Comment

Definitely - I didn't start getting into it until about episode 6 or 7 and after that I was hooked. Persevere!

Comment

Working...
                                X