No announcement yet.

Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It didn't have canned humour, it was live audience. I thought it was miles better than most of what's been made since VI. If that's the first proper true effort after 14 years it deserves to continue

Comment

I also thought it was good, miles better than the excerable series 8. I've sort of forgotten series 7/8 (not sure I watched some of them) because they were so bad. I hope the rest of series X maintains this standard. I didn't really have a problem with the characters having aged, didn't really jar for me.

Why is it they used Blue Midget in the credits instead of Starbug? Thought that was wierd.

Comment

Loved it, have missed these guys i think it will get better and better as they ease back into the roll

Comment

Ep 2 - clever premise - worked for the most part - weak end.

Comment

In all fairness Red Dwarf was never essential viewing, and there is a certain amount of rose tinted spectacles regarding the series. It was never laugh out loud funny all the time.

It was always best when the characters were just dicking around doing things that made no real sense. That's the essence of Red Dwarf, and in that respect the new series works as its gone back to basics.

Comment

i thought it was really funny had many Lol moments for me and the other half

Comment

Liked this one too, the Lister recording worked great. The chinese whispers gag went nowhere but other than that enjoyed it. The trail for ep 3 was brill, the jesus line was wtf till he turned round :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                  The chinese whispers gag went nowhere but other than that enjoyed it.
                  Not sure it didn't go anywhere as I guess the point was to interact with the various vending machines on the ship which all had their own little personalities. Bit like the classic 'toaster' episode, and in that respect it worked.

Comment

I missed it. Any idea when it is repeated?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      Saturdays at 10pm is when one of the repeats is on, and the other is next wednesday before the next episode on thursday.

Comment

I think it's Saturday at 10pm, then Wednesday about the same time.

Plus they're repeated on the Dave +1 an hour after.

I've seen the first episode and I really enjoyed it. I found myself laughing throughout, and surely that's the idea of a comedy?!

Red Dwarf has always come up with loads of sci-fi ideas, but because it's a comedy, they're dismissed.
                        I thought the idea of the spaceship re-combining molecules that were once together was genius!

Looking forward to catching the second episode.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          Lol since its dave probably repeated every other day till the rest of time

Comment

I've just caught the first episode, and I rather enjoyed it. I agree that some of the humour felt forced - the moose gag seemed unfunny at first, but I admit I laughed out loud during the scene with Rimmer and the moose question on the exam. The 'on hold' gag wasn't really very funny, either.

But overall, I liked it - it seemed much more grounded than Back to Earth, and I came out of it looking forward to the next episode - always a good thing.

Comment

Ok, so finally saw the first ep the other day. It was ok, nice to see them back in the groove of things but also a shame they waited so long as they're distractingly older and fatter. Craig has definitely lost some of the old energy, like I've said earlier, I just want a great send off/ending. If we dont get that after this season then I may never watch another season. I cant bear to think of this just being left open ended after loving every episode and adventure the gang have gone through. I NEED CLOSURE lol

*edit*

Ok, just seen ep 2 and this really felt like an older episode . . . . in a good way. Classic Dwarf for me so that keeps me happy. Just wonder whats in store next as there doesnt seem to be any particular direction this is heading in. Mind you, RD never really did have a series arc did it?
                              Last edited by bash; 12-10-2012, 14:51.

Comment

Yep, enjoyed last night's episode as well, really good stuff. I actually thought Back to Earth was pretty decent when watched as one extended episode but this series is far closer to the earlier series in style, especially as the crowd laughter is back.

Comment

Working...
                                X