No announcement yet.

Red Dwarf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the thing that surprised me the most is that it seems I just don't find it as funny now as I did as a teenager. My sense of humour has changed more than I'd realised.

Of the four Rob Llewelyn seemed most at ease with it, which given that he still does standup and has several regular presenting gigs isn't that surprising. Craig Charles looked like he couldn't get out of the 'drama' mindset of his long stint on Corrie.

Still going to give it a chance, not like there's much else to watch on the telly tonight, and the smegups thing afterwards presented by Patrick Stewart (apparently) might be worth a watch.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure I read ages ago that RSC is a big Red Dwarf fan.

Comment

I need to see the whole thing before passing judgement. Much like I need 4 pints before my first proper piss.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          The diving bell section with Rimmer bopping away was classic though
          Disagreed. One of the fundamental aspects of Rimmer's character is his anal adherence to rules, regulations and procedure. The old Rimmer would never carelessly endanger the crew by listening to music while they're on a mission. See "Back To Reality" and the very similar scene at the beginning of that episode. The Rimmer of the new episode was a cowardly caricature.

Also... a hard light hologram of a sexy Russian officer and The Cat has nothing to say? He didn't even try it on with her, most disappointing!

Comment

Oh crap i missed this, how did they explain the end of the previous series, rimmer kneeing the grim reaper etc?

Not sure if ill bother catching it tonight doesnt sound to good

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
              Oh crap i missed this, how did they explain the end of the previous series, rimmer kneeing the grim reaper etc?

Not sure if ill bother catching it tonight doesnt sound to good
              Looks like they're doing what they usually do and mostly ignoring the cliffhanger.

Comment

Much funnier for me so far. Loved the HD line. But...series ten? There weren't ten seasons, were there or did I mishear that line?

Comment

This is brilliant, its damn funny and the bladerunner bits are ace

Comment

Wow.

I had the feeling the story was heading that way based on the synopsis for the final episode they accidentally gave out a few weeks ago...y'know with breaking the 4th wall etc but...wow. The league of gentlemen made an awful film on the same subject (literally the same plot) and this...is...terrible.

That was truly awful, I can't believe the cast themselves didn't read the script and say "No way are we destroying the show like this".

Will still watch the finale tomorrow but I can't believe they've done this.

Comment

I missed this. What happened?

Comment

Basically, the plot from the league of gentleman film = the new Red Dwarf.

Comment

If you don't take red dwarf seriously as a scifi show, and view it as a comedy it was great

Comment

If it made me laugh, I would. At least the first episode actually made me chuckle a few times.

Comment

The only thing that made me chuckle was the photo enhancing stuff. Other than that, it was incredibly cringeworthy. "characters go to the real world" plots are always self indulgent

Comment

Honestely i thought part 2 was great, and a million times better. Roll on VHS as the next big format .

With the time that's left though, it might feel abit anti-climatic. Lots of requests for a series IX in there too.

Comment

Working...
                                X