Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im holding out opinion on this movie until ive seen it, holy crap my logic is clearly ground breaking~

Why are people such haters about nothing, heck if i go to see a movie with friends and its bad, i just shrug it off, its just a movie, it doesnt matter

Comment

not massively impressed with that trailer, as a general rule as soon as you stick pointy ears on many of the characters I suspect a huge % of the potential audience don't turn up (LotR excepted of course).

what I can't see from the trailer is the dollars on the screen, looks like an intro sequence to a game.

Comment

I think the hype surrounding the ground-breaking visuals will have more meaning when this is seen at the cinema in 3D. Beyond that I expect the action to be top notch, but hope it doesn't sink too far into the lesson-to-mankind/Abyss territory.

Lol at the Fern Gully comment ... made me chukle that

Comment

that chick out of fern gully was pretty hot too now i think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
            I don't know why but that's really made me laugh.

Comment

it was "avatar avatar FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" but it didnt quite fit

Comment

Originally posted by Plisken View Post
                I hope to god he hasn't but from the teaser, it looks like James Cameron has lost it. The CGI looks pants to say it was supposed to be cutting edge, The Alien designs are ****ing terrible. Compare District 9 to these Jar Jar relatives. Stan Winston will be rolling in his grave.... Still, it is just a teaser, i hope the feature is good and the 3D is nice...but yeah, i think Cameron spent to much time making weird ass sea movies after Titanic when he should've got on with True Lies 2 .
                Everyone who saw it in 3d say the cgi was cutting edge, I think the extra depth helps a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                  Looks alright until the not so great cg blue people turn up and it turns into a kiddie choz fest.
                  This pretty much sums up my experience of the trailer. It turns into a cartoon half way through. I like cartoons but not cartoons that try to look real yet still end up looking like cartoons.

Comment

have you heard about the sequal, the aliens get new technology and start a succesful web based design business making forum avatars for other avatars in avatar 2 the avatars avatar

and i will get my coat
                    Last edited by Largo; 21-08-2009, 11:49.

Comment

I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time, and the Empire on set look at the film last month really made it sound revolutionary to film, with Ridley Scott and Steven Spielberg filming their following films in 3D too.

That trailer looks great and the vibe given off from the structures and atmosphere really reminds me of Aliens.

That’s it for me, I’m refraining myself from any new reviews or trailers like the Dark Knight and I’ll be seeing it at IMAX South Bank when it’s released, it looks fantastic.

Comment

I don't want to pass judgement on a film from a short trailer but remember - this man made Titanic.

Comment

And Aliens, Terminator, Terminator 2, True Lies.

I think his track record is more positives than negatives!

Comment

Personally I reckon he peaked with Aliens and never made anything quite as good. Spielberg is a directing genius but made Indy IV. Can't have every film be a belter.

Comment

To be fair to Spielberg he had George Lucas dragging him down on that one... Spielberg has made plenty of ****e in the last couple of decades though so I don't know why I'm defending him.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                                Personally I reckon he peaked with Aliens and never made anything quite as good. Spielberg is a directing genius but made Indy IV. Can't have every film be a belter.
                                Aliens is a tremendous film, But True Lies is Cameron's best film

It has everything and probably the main reason Bond had to change and is much better for it

I actually liked the trailer, but its the first time i've seen anything 'avatar'

The IMAX experience will be the best way to see this movie

Comment

Working...
                                X