No announcement yet.

House M.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the cuddy monster make a brief return to help finish the series?

A part of me is sad it's ending, but yeah it's time to stop... Watching something die a slow painful death is probably worse for everyone.

Can we say house md the movie a few years down the line?

Comment

Probably a good idea they finish it now. It has been and is one of the few TV shows I actually watch, and it's brilliant, but there's not really anywhere they can go in terms of storylines and characters that they haven't already covered.

Glad they know in advance that the show is finishing so they can give it a proper ending. Cuddy HAS to come back for at least one or two episodes

Comment

Excellent previous couple of episodes, the final season is rounding out well, I've high hopes for the last episode now, definitely a step up from season 7 and much of the rest of season 8.

If you have the means, I definitely recommend watching the two eps last shown - lots of House/Wilson, which IMO has definitely been the highlights of House.

Comment

Couldn't get enough of House when Five aired seasons 1-4. Haven't watched a single episode since Sky got it.

Always knew that House/Cuddy would get together and that their relationship would signal a jumping of the proverbial shark for the show.

Still, gives me an excuse to revisit the complete series when it comes out on DVD &/or Blu-Ray.

Comment

Three episodes left and that's it forever!!

Can't believe it really. House has been my one constant in US TV series for 8 years.

Looking forward to some of the cameos planned for the finale and I have a sneaky feeling I know where it's going to end up.

Roll on May 21st.

Comment

Just finished watching the last ever episode.

I only cried a little bit.

A fitting ending for my favourite ever TV show.

Comment

I'm kind of wary of watching the last episode. Read up on how it ends and the description sounded f***ing awful, will probably get around to it at some point though

Comment

I just can't get into House.

(that makes me sound like a caveman who's lost his keys, or maybe somebody trying to listen to Black Box and Bomb the Bass)

I know you either love or loathe his grumpy personality, but for me it's the CSI-level plots where House/Horatio gets it right from the start whilst everybody else clambers to the obvious answer only to be proved right at the end.

Cuddy: "This man has an arrow through his head and it's killing him!"
                  House: "No, it's a stubbed toe. He just needs more calcium gluconate because his QRS is widening. If he doesn't get it, he will go into tachycardia."

CUT TO: Man nearly dying. House being rude to people, including women who inexplicably find him attractive.

CUT TO: Man's hospital bed.

Cuddy: "So it was a stubbed toe."

Comment

Clearly you haven't gotten into House because Cuddy isn't in the show any more (and she wasn't one of the diagnostic team anyway), and that's not how the episodes play out. The whole team is wrong until the last minute when House has popped too much Vicodin and has an epiphany and solves the puzzle while insulting patients (the character is loosely based on Sherlock Holmes - House->Holmes, Wilson->Watson).

The final ep was more fan service than anything else and wasn't a patch on the previous three episodes, but then the show was always going to be difficult to wrap up cleanly. Still, better than most of S7 and the earlier S8 and probably a good time to end things, i.e., before Fox pulled the plug mid-season.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      Clearly you haven't gotten into House
                      Heh, yeah, but I did state that at the start of my post!

I was just saying the few episodes I have watched seemed to follow that formula.
                      Plus I couldn't get over the guy from Neighbours being in it.

Comment

There is the formulaic patient of the week, but it's also about the character interaction and development. House of S8 is definitely not the same House of S1.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          There is the formulaic patient of the week, but it's also about the character interaction and development. House of S8 is definitely not the same House of S1.
                          The characters may develop but the plots don't. It ended being as formulaic as it ever was, that is why it was so popular, people like watching the same crap happen every week.

That's why boring garbage like CSI is on its 1500th season while brilliant and creative detective shows like of Awake and Terriers get canceled one year in.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 24-05-2012, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            House being rude to people, including women who inexplicably find him attractive.
                            Well, it is Hugh Laurie. The man is excellent, be he the Prince Regent or Bertie Wooster.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I was just saying the few episodes I have watched seemed to follow that formula.
                            Plus I couldn't get over the guy from Neighbours being in it.
                            I still haven't got over the fact that the mush out of Body Of Proof used to be Home and Away, and I recognised this. It seems that having that horrible soap trash on the tv night after night has caused more damage than I imagined. Despite reading magazines, books, etc, while it's on, elements of it has weaseled its way into my valuable brain-space, and doubtlessly forced out something better and more important, that I can't remember any more. Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                            X