No announcement yet.

Knight Rider set for television comeback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They must have the same car as well, not that crap they had in Knightrider 2000.

Comment

didnt they try a comeback ?....or was it just some made for tv movie

Comment

David Hasselhoff MUST be in this. I don't care about all this postmodern 'Hoff' bullshish, it means nothing to me, but as long as the man drunkenly pisses his kecks with KITT on autopilot twice per episode, I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Yeah but you know they'll make it dark and gritty. Like every other show on tv.
          Wouldn't necessarily make it any better, imho. In fact, it would more than likely detract from the original. And in any case, the concept of a talking car used to fight crime is just plain outdated now.

It's a no-win situation. Ergo, it's best left alone.

Comment

Also, they MUST keep the theme tune!

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
              Also, they MUST keep the theme tune!
              The same version? Or could we get an updated theme by the Chemical Brothers using the same tune

Comment

Urgh! A Chemical Brothers version would just have the first 4 seconds of the original married to a thump-thump beat.

No, I'd suggest an update by more accomplished/less overrated producers...

Comment

This is best left in the past. I despise the 'ironic' love of all that 80s rubbish like Knight Rider and The A Team; the shows are just bad, plain and simple, and are incredibly dull to watch now. I mean come on, a talking car that fights crime? What is this, Cartoon Network? Television drama has, thank god, moved on.

80s nostalgia is inescapable, and I hate it. It's okay when it's stuff that was actually good, but junk like Knight Rider? Come on, every episode was exactly the same and Hasselhoff (no matter how 'cult' or 'ironic' it may now be to think he's cool) was hammier than a pork farm.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                    This is best left in the past. I despise the 'ironic' love of all that 80s rubbish like Knight Rider and The A Team; the shows are just bad, plain and simple, and are incredibly dull to watch now. I mean come on, a talking car that fights crime? What is this, Cartoon Network? Television drama has, thank god, moved on.

80s nostalgia is inescapable, and I hate it. It's okay when it's stuff that was actually good, but junk like Knight Rider? Come on, every episode was exactly the same and Hasselhoff (no matter how 'cult' or 'ironic' it may now be to think he's cool) was hammier than a pork farm.
                    While I definitely agree about Knight Rider being left in the past, it's a bit harsh (and a pretty cheap shot, tbh) to use the hindsight of two decades passing by to call them dreadful.

What should be remembered is that (obviously) these programmes were around in the early-mid 1980's, which (again, obviously) would have made them fresh and exciting concepts for their time.

Secondly (and perhaps most importantly), both The A-Team & Knight Rider were huge ratings winners for the US television network NBC at a time when they were seriously lagging behind their main rivals ABC and CBS. Additionally, these programmes also achieved considerable international success during this period as well, which is no mean feat considering that these days you have countless dramas and sitcoms that are lucky to get past their pilot episodes without being axed, never mind being picked up by a network for a series'/season's worth of episodes.

Comment

Perhaps I was too harsh. It's only people going on about how ironically awesome they are that drives me to it though ¬_¬

Comment

Knight Rider is good, and Hasselhoff wasn't bad at all in it.

I can understand why some people don't like it, but no one should call it sh*t, because it's not bad.

This new version will have a b-list celeb, or maybe a newcomer. I think the whole style and tone will be different.

Maybe it would have been better if the producers had gone with a different name for the show.

I don't like this trend of taking old popular shows and films and making new versions. Why not make totally new creations?

Comment

Yep, I agree Leon. I'd rather see something new. But you're right about the tone. It's not like it's going to be the same. Look at Battlestar Galactica. Or Bionic Woman. They didn't keep the tone. Not even close.

Doesn't mean it will be any good. But it's pointless making a call based on any aspect of the original other than the talking car.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Yep, I agree Leon. I'd rather see something new. But you're right about the tone. It's not like it's going to be the same. Look at Battlestar Galactica. Or Bionic Woman. They didn't keep the tone. Not even close.

Doesn't mean it will be any good. But it's pointless making a call based on any aspect of the original other than the talking car.
                            Yeah.... I'd be surprised if it's remotely like the 80s version.

Times change, so the tone and style of Knight Rider are going to be a lot different.

All that really counts is if it's good, I hope it is.

Comment

New KITT...

more... http://www.autoblog.com/photos/the-n...s/528971/full/

Btw, the actor was announced ages ago. Some no namer But Hoff is still rumoured to be in it as his dad.

Comment

Good grief that is hideous!

More pics here: http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/13122007/36/kitt-rides-0.html
                                Last edited by CMcK; 13-12-2007, 12:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X