No announcement yet.

Knight Rider set for television comeback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it a bit redundant post 2Fast2Furious? Surely everything that KIT can do has been down by teh Diesel?

Comment

This series has just gone from bad to even badder.

Comment

I hate updates of shows that were terrible to begin with, and this looks abysmal. Why is KITT now a ****ty muscle car type thing instead of a sleek sports car anyway? Lame.

Knight Rider 2000 looks pretty entertaining though, having read the wiki page; made in 1991 and set in 2000, featuring futuristic stun guns and cryogenic freezing prisons - the filmmakers were evidently optimistic futurists!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
          http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...&cs=1&nid=2562

This series has just gone from bad to even badder.
          "Val Kilmer has house payments, something about a car"

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
            I've never liked Knight Rider that much, and "the Hoff" as all the new generation call him was always a crap actor, wooden and boring.

The A-Team was just miles better, George Peppard was a quality actor. The banter between Mr T and Murdock was what made the show, each character had his own personality, something I very much doubt they can re-create to the same success.

Peppard was great in The A-Team, his jealousy of Mr T's fame is a bit sad. B.A and Murdock's personality clash totally made the show for me.

I wish they'd leave these old shows alone, yeah they weren't highbrow entertainment but they captured so many young imaginations (at the time) it's sad to see them piss all over those memories.

Mainly because the remakes always suck.

Comment

Well having seen the new show I can say that I was entertained. It perfectly succeeds in trying to be an 80's show today. Now I'm not saying its as good as the Battlestar Gallactica re-imagining but its nowhere near as bad as the new Bionic Woman.

Lets look at the new KITT. I was expecting Val Kilmer to be awful, and he wasn't. In fact he was perfect. Very dry wit. The car itself I really wanted to hate. After all a Ford Mustang!! But I didn't. Seemed to be "right" and well explained. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the nanotechnology building the spoilers. And that when the computers were turned off Kitt was no longer bullet proof. Still added an element of peril to the story. So I forgive it this once. As long as its not a plot device turned to often.

They also kind of introduced an over arcing story.

Ok the acting wasn't great, There wasn't any KITT turbo boosts. But over all I liked it in a throwaway kind of way. And isnt that how Knight Rider always was enjoyed?

Comment

I thought it was decent enough and perfectly watchable. I didnt like the nano technology stuff too much either, especially the bit towards the end with the van. That seemed a bit ridiculous. But it was watchable and i could envisage a half decent series being made based on this pilot.

I liked the car as well, and Val Kilmer sounded ok. I would like some more majorly impressive set pieces for the car though if a series does get the go-ahead, as lets face it, its all about KITT.

Oh yeah, David Hasselhoff guest appearance. They could have had a bit more fun with that i thought without being cheesy, but then i guess that wouldnt have really fitted the storyline they had set up, so playing it completely straight was the only way. Nice nod to the orginal series though and how it all began.

Comment

I just watched the first 30 mins of this, I must admit, like others, I was enjoying it also, nothing like the a good threesome (kind of), and a bit of lesbianism with Sidney Poitier's daughter(again kind of).

Comment

I watched this the other night and I quite enjoyed it, I?m not sure about the remixed theme tune at the start though.

After this & Bionic Woman how long will it be before we see Airwolf & Street Hawk remakes??

Comment

Originally posted by neverevertrevor View Post
                      ...and a bit of lesbianism with Sidney Poitier's daughter(again kind of).
                      Ha, that was so random i had forgotten about it. Very odd!

Comment

It's got a full series

Comment

Lucky KITT has all those computers - otherwise, how would he turn corners, what with being a Mustang? I'm sorry, Michael, but my turbo boost systems only function correctly in the fast lane of Interstate 95."

Comment

TV show started a few days ago and its not great

Kitt is nice and a novel idea where it can change into a chav mobile and into a truck

Kitt's voice sucks, Val Kilmer isnt a good idea

Loads of nice looking ladies and KITT still has a turbo boost

Intro music made me feel happy and young again until it went into a techno rock version and just ruined it from there

all i need now is TV giants in America to ruin Street Hawk and it will be complete

Comment

Agree Jase, but then I never had high hopes it was going to be great. Can't have Knight Rider without The Hoff

Comment

still watching this even though i'm a little behind, episode 12 was alright and another 4 to watch

KARR made an appearance and the effects were a little below par - it was well made

he now transforms into a robot from the Mustang (with a yellow light)

what was a nice touch however was using Peter Cullen as KARR's voice (Optimus Prime)

still nowhere near the original, but it passes 41 minutes i guess

Last edited by buster_broon; 26-02-2009, 21:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X